Sign in to follow this  
The_Brown_Bomber

what do you think are the tier 1 lists right now?

I think 2x regen rebels + stresshog is still very much up there.

That plus bomber lists. Not sure which variations are most (tournament) effective but I'd be surprised if none would make it to the top.

(Plus what you mentioned oc)

My opinion,

I'm not sure we know for sure yet. Everyone seems to have switched to Palp aces of one sort or another to deal with scouts. I think things haven't really settled yet and there are still unanswered questions about the new ships and their integration to lists.

I'm not sure Brobots are top tier right now for example. Largely as they hate the Palp aces which are everywhere right now. If that settles down a little then maybe they will be in a stronger position.

Defining the strength of a list in relation to the meta seems misleading. All lists have particular counterparts that they fare poorly against (the rock-paper-scissors syndrome). Surely definition of a good list is that it is good against all-comers.

A list that is only strong against a subset of lists (even if those lists are currently popular in the meta) is always heading for a fall sooner or later.

- 5 A wings with adaptability, crackshot and AT have won quite a few tournaments recently, and a regional too. Weirdly, the list is kind of 'patronised' whenever it comes up, with some hidden assumption that it can't cut it at the top tables, an assumption that is clearly untrue.

- The all-new Super Dash and Miranda/Lothal Rebel is capable of dealing with a lot of te top lists, and I think we'll see it emerge as a fairly popular list.

The healthy state of the game right now is that it would take many pages of discussion to reveal all of the competitive lists right now.  We could start a list just on the TIE swarm, thanks to all the new options!

I still feel like Wave 8 is too new and there are ships and cards we're all still experimenting with.  Only the obvious combinations have surfaced thus far.

To add (one of) my list though...

Poe Dameron (37)

R5-P9 (3), Veteran Instincts (1), Autothrusters (2)

Red Squadron Veteran (29)

R3-A2 (2), Wired (1), Integrated Astromech (0)

Wedge Antilles (34)

Veteran Instincts (1), Integrated Astromech (0)