Sign in to follow this  
Trumpet

What next

So I have the Core,Home One,ISD,

I'm thinking of getting the MC30 and maybe another VSD ( hopefully with an antenna re my other post) would this be a good way to go I want ships that look like they are from the original trilogy as I only play casually but also want a bit of variety and good balance.

I'm limiting my purchases as I went overboard on X Wing.

If you're just wanting to play casually, want to be able to cater for a casual game from your own collection, and want another ship, I would get a Gladiator and then either an M30C or an Assault Frigate. The Gladiator is a more versatile ship than the victory, and requires a different style of play, so you can have fun with something new rather than replicate a ship you have. I would personally go for the MC30C - it fills a similar role to the Gladiator in Rebel fleets (albeit a bit more expensively), and has similar upgrade slots, so you can interchange cards from each pack.

The squadron packs would also make a big difference to your game. They're really not expensive, but give you a lot more versatility. Rogues and Villains are fun but not essential.

Hope that helps!

Sorry I forgot to put down I own both rebel and imperial squadrons but not the rogue expansion.

Thanks for the advice getting different ships to what I have makes sense for variety .

I have a similar basic setup, although not with the MC80, so that I can play a decent game with anyone who fancies giving it a go. I have since slowly built up an Imperial fleet so that I can play at local clubs and competitions, and will probably do the same for Rebels at some point. But with that collection you'll be able to play causally no problem, and would frankly have enough to go down to your local shop without feeling short on firepower or numbers.

Edited by ceejlekabeejle

Sorry I forgot to put down I own both rebel and imperial squadrons but not the rogue expansion.

Thanks for the advice getting different ships to what I have makes sense for variety .

Unboxing and fielding my first ISD was some of the most fun I've had in this game yet (even if it did go down in flames its first deployment because I had no idea how to fly it).

If you want iconic, get an ISD, throw tractor beams on it, and start chasing CR90s making Darth Vader noises with your mouth. You won't regret it, even if your friends do.