Sign in to follow this  
doji

petition for the removal of intentional draws

First please don't post if you don't want the draws gone.

Second please don't say why or argue.

Third total replies will be viewed as yes votes.

Fourth not a debate. (There are plenty of threads already discussing that)

Fith please just reply with yes or do not reply.

Sixth please follow these instructions.

Seventh no guarantee anything will come of this but you will have voted.

I have seen lots of post with much hatred about topic this thread is not for that. It is simply to see how many people want the ID'S gone. Not why. Not why not.

Edited by doji

Seventh no guarantee anything will come of this but you will have voted.

I have seen lots of post with much hatred about topic this thread is not for that. It is simply to see how many people want the ID'S gone. Not why. Not why not.

If you want it to be a vote, then make it a vote.

Making a thread with a rule that only those who agree with you can post in it is a little silly and absolutely doenst make it a vote thread. 

Agreed.But I think it's more effective to contact FFG directly. Use the "Contact Us" link under "More..." at the top of the page to get a contact form.

The TO of the Atlanta regional coming up has tried this no less than half a dozen times since the rule came out and has been ignored.

Yes, eliminate the draw.

Agreed.

But I think it's more effective to contact FFG directly. Use the "Contact Us" link under "More..." at the top of the page to get a contact form.

I'm hoping someone drafts a perfectly worded letter that we can use when using the contact us link.

Kill it. It IS collusion in the grand sense of the word and directly contradicts FFG'S own conduct guidelines.

It is not collusion.

Collusion is an agreement between two or more parties, sometimes illegal and therefore secretive, to limit open competition by deceiving, misleading, or defrauding others of their legal rights, or to obtain an objective forbidden by law typically by defrauding or gaining an unfair market advantage.

It is a stupid rule and should be eliminated.

Agreed.

But I think it's more effective to contact FFG directly. Use the "Contact Us" link under "More..." at the top of the page to get a contact form.

I'm hoping someone drafts a perfectly worded letter that we can use when using the contact us link.

Well, it's hardly perfectly worded, but you're free to use language from the note I sent them:

>>>>>>>>>>>

RE: FFG Organized Play -- X-Wing Intentional Draws.

Dear FFG:

I'm an FFG games hobbyist and a competitive X-wing player who plays at organized play events and often travels to attend larger Regionals -- and considering attending the Nationals or Worlds level event this year.

I just heard about the outcome of the Roanoke regional where the top eight players all took intentional draws in the last round, effectively fixing the tournament cut and rendering the last round of Swiss moot. I'm thoroughly disgusted with this outcome -- it runs against both the "Fly Casual" nature of the community and undermines the integrity of the Organized Play system.

I'd request FFG Organized Play take immediate action to rectify the situation by adjusting tournament rules.

In the interest of being constructive, I offer four possible recommendations: (1) Disallow intentional draws. This does not eliminate the possibility of collusion by flying circles for an hour without engagement. (2) Disallow all draws. If a game ends with equal points scored -- which is very, very rare in real play -- the winner is determined by initiative. (3) Retain draws, but score intentional draws as zero points for both sides, so that there is no net effect on tournament standings. (4) Restructure the entire tournament points allocation, whether on a larger scale (0-10), or by introducing "modified loss" scoring (e.g. Win 5 points, Mod Win 3 points, Mod Loss 2 points, Draw 1 point, Loss 0 points).

Thanks,

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>