Sign in to follow this  
MajorJuggler

2016 Regionals Results

Joe T., from Minnesota has now gone undefeated in two regionals through swiss with this list.

• Joe Topczewski (#3 Swiss, 26 / 869): Biggs Darklighter + R4-D6 + Integrated Astromech; 2x Blue Squadron Novice + R2 Astromech + Integrated Astromech; 2x Bandit Squadron Pilot

Man, that's sweet.

A winner with a nice list in Minnesota (Byron)

Corran Horn + Push the Limit + Engine Upgrade + Fire-Control System + R2-D2
Jake Farrell + A-Wing Test Pilot + Push the Limit + Adaptability + Autothrusters + Chardaan Refit
Gemmer Sojan + A-Wing Test Pilot + Push the Limit + Autothrusters + Chardaan Refit

Edited by IG88E

Joe T., from Minnesota has now gone undefeated in two regionals through swiss with this list.

• Joe Topczewski (#3 Swiss, 26 / 869): Biggs Darklighter + R4-D6 + Integrated Astromech; 2x Blue Squadron Novice + R2 Astromech + Integrated Astromech; 2x Bandit Squadron Pilot

Unfortunately he lost in semi-finals against Omega Leader, Yorr and Whisper (same list rank 1 + 2)

http://lists.starwarsclubhouse.com/get_tourney_details?tourney_id=1626

Unfortunately he lost in semi-finals against Omega Leader, Yorr and Whisper (same list rank 1 + 2)

http://lists.starwarsclubhouse.com/get_tourney_details?tourney_id=1626

Yep.  I pointed it out more because of when I first considered Scouts, I thought they pretty much made lists like his DOA, but he's been murdering them.   

Edited by AlexW

There's some good PS2 blocking in that list. I bet those Novices do good work there.

Yeah, their boost helps with that and then they have several options for swooping back around with a K and T-rolls.

Selden, New York, United States

May 14
Brothers Grim Games and Collectibles
Players: 74
List Juggler: 
Winner:
  • Inquisitor + PtL + title + AT; Omega Leader + Comm Relay + Juke; Wampa; Omicron + Palp
Runner-Up:
  •  Inquisitor + PtL + title + AT; Omega Leader + Comm Relay + Juke; Wampa; Omicron + Palp
Top 4:
  • Inquisitor + PtL + title + AT; Omega Leader + Comm Relay + Juke; Wampa; Omicron + Palp 
  • IG88B&C + Crackshot + Glitterstim + HLC + FCS + AT + title
Top 8:
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

New York is still going on. Final match has yet to be played, but it's an exact mirror match. 3 out of 4 Top 4 were Inq / OL / Wampa / Palp.

Edit.

Whoa, is anyone elses mind blown by Ian MacDonald's runner-up list from Calgary?

plz post it here.

It's on the first page! :P

Edited by MajorJuggler

May 14

List Juggler:

Winner:

Runner-Up:

Top 4:

Top 8:

New York is still going on. Final match has yet to be played, but it's an exact mirror match. 3 out of 4 Top 4 were Inq / OL / Wampa / Palp.

Edit.

Whoa, is anyone elses mind blown by Ian MacDonald's runner-up list from Calgary?

plz post it here.

And people hate U-Boat players for netlisting.

Just before wave 8 came out I remember a bunch of complaining by Palp Acewing babies that the stresshog was too good for its points and an autoinclude. Too good for its points and too much of an autoinclude coughSoontirFelcough.

I think that's what's going on now with the hatred of U-Boats. A jousting squadron finally gets powerful enough to threaten training wheels squadrons like Palp Aces, Regen, fat turrets, TLT's and everyone gets angry even though Palp Aces is just as broken if not more so.

All U-Boats are, is a large base version of 3x Dagger, 3x HLC, 3x FCS that actually works.

Edited by ParaGoomba Slayer

I'm not much for the auto include arguement on any front, but the reports are really showing how all the sky falling moaning of scouts kinda falls along the way of TLTs. They exist, but are not the effortless free wins that people make them out to be. What I am seeing though is tournament players are moving away from the han fortress builds (this started post FAQ and thr release of TLT) to ace builds of the imperial variety. I'm just happy to see some of these other none conventional lists showing up as frequent as they are.

I have seen a lot of Facebook posts and experienced in person long time players of Brobots, Rebel Aces or other lists just say "Whatever! I'll run Imperial Aces and see how good it really is!" Because the new meta stumped them, and then come out in the top 4. It's a proficient build that a proficient player can do a lot with.

May 14

List Juggler: Winner:

Runner-Up:
  •  Inquisitor + PtL + title + AT; Omega Leader + Comm Relay + Juke; Wampa; Omicron + Palp
Top 4:
Top 8:
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Edit.

plz post it here.

Just before wave 8 came out I remember a bunch of complaining by Palp Acewing babies that the stresshog was too good for its points and an autoinclude. Too good for its points and too much of an autoinclude coughSoontirFelcough.

I don't see Fel in those lists. In fact, from what I've noticed, Fel isn't being played all that much at the moment. He's certainly not an auto include in imperial lists.

May 14

List Juggler: Winner:

Runner-Up:
Top 4:
Top 8:
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Edit.

plz post it here.

I don't see Fel in those lists. In fact, from what I've noticed, Fel isn't being played all that much at the moment. He's certainly not an auto include in imperial lists.

good ole NY

I remember my Wave 7 store champs, at the time when the forums were gripped by an unrealistic fear of TLTs, where we had 3 consecutive palp ace winners before I decided **** it and brought a hard-counter using Deathrain conner nets

even then, the runner-ups were brobots and two palp aces. It was conner net heaven out there and not much has changed :P

I guess Wave 8 is a bit more complicated because Scouts, unlike TLTs, actually do ruin certain ships (like poor deathrain :()

Do you ever read what people are saying? Your responses seem to be completely unrelated to anything...

It was hard but I found the connection :P

I remember my Wave 7 store champs, at the time when the forums were gripped by an unrealistic fear of TLTs, where we had 3 consecutive palp ace winners before I decided **** it and brought a hard-counter using Deathrain conner nets

even then, the runner-ups were brobots and two palp aces. It was conner net heaven out there and not much has changed :P

Edited by IG88E

Do you ever read what people are saying? Your responses seem to be completely unrelated to anything...

It was hard but I found the connection :P

I've been exposed!

but you'll never catch me alive!

ninja-fail.gif

As strong as the imperial dominance has been recently. It is still good to see most imperial ships are competitive again (except bombers) even if by competitve it's only 1-2 named ships from each ship type.

Advanced, tie Ln, interceptor, tie fo, adv prototype, shuttle, tie phantom, and Decimator (and soon tie defender maybe the bomber as well)

At least 9 competitve ships! That's some decent internal balance even if it's mostly just named ships.

Murray, KY Regional was won by Deroche with Zuckuss/Tel Travura/Palob Godalhi.

Second place flew Vader/Inquisitor/Rudor. Other top 8 lists include a triple u-boat, Bossk/Tel, double-Ghost + A-Wing.

I'd love to see the exact list!

I borrowed the list from Evan Claassen (LegionThree), along with some much needed advice from him. Thanks Evan! He was 2nd place with it at Missouri and 2nd yet again with it this weekend at Colorado:

Zuckuss - VI/FCS/MistHunter/Tractor Beam/4-LOM

Tel Trevura - Deadeye/R4 Agro/Proton Torps/EM/Guidance Chips/Boba Fett

Palob - VI/TLT