Sign in to follow this  
MajorJuggler

2016 Regionals Results

Whoa. How is that DQ worthy anyway?

The tournament rules very clearly say you have to have legitimate copies of all cards and models on your list.  This is a business for FFG after all, its not like they support these tournaments purely for the fun of it.

Silly me, I thought the cost of cards would be part of winning at ALL costs. So really more of a "win at any cost except for monetary costs, in which case I'd rather cheat and try to make my opponent look bad for pointing it out." WAACEMCIWCIRCATTMMOLBFPIO.

Technically you could (and should) be DQed for using a printed copy. So "earned" might be a strong word.

Like Khyros said I was referencing a situation that happened at another event. I can't recall ever playing against Droz69, he did this to someone else.

The point of my post was to point out how ridiculous it was that Droz69 of all people would get all huffy about me being a WAAC jerk that intentionally draws.

I suppose I should have been more clear.

Edited by ParaGoomba Slayer

What is being discussed was that at a Mi SC, some guy was using a squad print off for his list, cleared it wih his R1 opponent, and then moments before he won, the opponent called over a TO, forcing a forfeit. The guy had the cards, just not out. It was a real @&$^ move..

Thats not how I read what happened.  The way I read the comments is that the player was using a printed out proxy at a regional and the player called him on it halfway through there game which was in the middle of the tournament.  Now if he asked his opponent if it was ok beforehand and then the opponent changed his mind when he started to lose then I agree with the person who said dq them both.  If he didnt clear it with his opponent before hand and his opponent only noticed halfway through when he went to read the card only the player with the proxy should have been dqed.

Most of this was right, however:

1) It was Store Championship (as Khyros mentioned).

2) The Player with the printed off squad plays at the shop regularly on Friday's and often doesn't have all the cards, but the group that plays is OK with it.  He asked the day of the SC if it was OK to just use , and while the people running the event said it was OK, they apparently misunderstood what he had asked.  The people running the event that day were also not the main group that runs X-wing, so they weren't completely aware of all of the rules.

3) It was the very first game of the store Championship. 

I understand that you need all of the cards in a tournament of this level, but the player was unaware, as he was mostly a casual player just looking to have fun.  As this happened, several people around the tournament pulled out all of the cards he was missing so that he could continue playing, although he was still given a full loss for the first game.  Had anyone noticed this before the games started, or the judges not given him clearance, we could have avoided the whole issue by letting him borrow cards before the tournament began.

What is being discussed was that at a Mi SC, some guy was using a squad print off for his list, cleared it wih his R1 opponent, and then moments before he won, the opponent called over a TO, forcing a forfeit. The guy had the cards, just not out. It was a real @&$^ move..

Thats not how I read what happened.  The way I read the comments is that the player was using a printed out proxy at a regional and the player called him on it halfway through there game which was in the middle of the tournament.  Now if he asked his opponent if it was ok beforehand and then the opponent changed his mind when he started to lose then I agree with the person who said dq them both.  If he didnt clear it with his opponent before hand and his opponent only noticed halfway through when he went to read the card only the player with the proxy should have been dqed.

2) The Player with the printed off squad plays at the shop regularly on Friday's and often doesn't have all the cards, but the group that plays is OK with it.  He asked the day of the SC if it was OK to just use , and while the people running the event said it was OK, they apparently misunderstood what he had asked.  The people running the event that day were also not the main group that runs X-wing, so they weren't completely aware of all of the rules.

I understand that you need all of the cards in a tournament of this level, but the player was unaware, as he was mostly a casual player just looking to have fun.  As this happened, several people around the tournament pulled out all of the cards he was missing so that he could continue playing, although he was still given a full loss for the first game.  Had anyone noticed this before the games started, or the judges not given him clearance, we could have avoided the whole issue by letting him borrow cards before the tournament began.

i still don't think it's very classy of his opponent to call for a dq in the middle of the game when he was initially OK with the printed out card. Or did i miss something?

i still don't think it's very classy of his opponent to call for a dq in the middle of the game when he was initially OK with the printed out card. Or did i miss something?

I would agree.  I'm not sure if he just didn't know they were printed out or what, but I would assume you would look at your opponents list at the start of the game and if there was an issue, address it there instead of more than half way through the game... 

And here I thought we were talking about... oh hell nevermind!  This is all I hear now when I see this **** "scraaaaaaape scraaaape".  Like a worn out knife cutting away a curled up gnarly bunion. 

Anyways. 

What's the word for the west coast in the True North?  What sort of regional meta can we British Columbians  look forward to come July 16?

Could someone please report how many were in attendance at the FFG regional today.

107. Surprisingly low in my opinion.

Ya I think most regionals have been smaller than expected. I think a lot of us expected a healthy bump from the numbers last year, but they seem to be about even.

Edited by Kdubb

Could someone please report how many were in attendance at the FFG regional today.

107. Surprisingly low in my opinion.

Ya I think most regionals have been smaller than expected. I think a lot of us expected a healthy bump from the numbers last year, but they seem to be about even.

Except the Michigan Regional. The fact that we got to 91 players is AWESOME.

FFG Event Center is Roseville was up about 30 players from last year as well, but we were expecting more since they had 87 for their Store Championship.  I do wonder if the decision to hold Top 16 on Mother's Day was a factor that caused some to choose not to attend.

Edited by AlexW

https://imgur.com/w8DluC9

Cut to top 8. Will be wrapping up tomorrow. I'll be posting all results when they get there.

Going 5-1 and not making the cut is dissapointing, but can't blame anyone but myself. I made critical mistakes in 2 of my matches that cost me full wins and turned them to modified wins. Looks like there will be a new Florida regional champ this year!

Edited by VaynMaanen

Just got home from the fresno regional. We had Dallas parker there and he made top 8 with Crack swarm. Not sure how top 8 went because I left after swiss. I placed 12th with a 4 and two record, lots of scum and a couple imperial lists. I ran rac, adaptability engine palp and vader with basic vi fcs acd whisper.

Thoroughly uninteresting regional in Cardiff, UK yesterday. Top four were Uboats.

squad points?

most u-boats making top8 seem to have a dedicated blocker wout ordnance or one torp. may are going for 98pt lists to trump other u-boat lists. initiative in the mirror is a huge advantage.