Sign in to follow this  
MajorJuggler

2016 Regionals Results

Just got back from a (108ish) player event in England. Cut is currently ongoing.

NO ID's in the Swiss. Why? TO's got additional prizes and based those of of the standings at the end of Swiss.

Which event was this? I don't have dates for any of the UK Regionals.

Just got back from a (108ish) player event in England. Cut is currently ongoing.

NO ID's in the Swiss. Why? TO's got additional prizes and based those of of the standings at the end of Swiss.

Which event was this? I don't have dates for any of the UK Regionals.

It's on the first post of this thread.

How are Decimators winning in a meta with Triple Jumps? Luck-of-the-draw & not matching up with any? Or am I missing something.

Please tell me I'm missing something, I've been dying to bring a Deci to a tournament, just can't commit to one for our Regional in a couple weekends...

How are Decimators winning in a meta with Triple Jumps? Luck-of-the-draw & not matching up with any? Or am I missing something.

Please tell me I'm missing something, I've been dying to bring a Deci to a tournament, just can't commit to one for our Regional in a couple weekends...

Engine on a large turret can get out of arc fairly well. Plus it has enough hull to eat 3 torps without any threat of actually going down. Combine that with whisper reliably shrugging off 1-2 torps per turn and you have a recipe for solid wins.

Engine on a large turret can get out of arc fairly well. Plus it has enough hull to eat 3 torps without any threat of actually going down. Combine that with whisper reliably shrugging off 1-2 torps per turn and you have a recipe for solid wins.

Also the jumps shoot max of 2 torpedoes each. Whisper always shoots a torpedo basically and it only gets stronger r1 rather than turning off.

Jumpmaster 5 k's got a Regional win in the UK. 3 of the top 4 were 3 J5K's. http://www.fishywargaming.com/#!MK-Regional-Event-020516/cmbz/5727172e0cf279e813062d1e

What a bland meta...

Ya that's a bit disheartening. I was under the impression the meta was supposed to diversify over time, not thin out into this. Luckily, this hasn't been seen in the other regionals, even if Uboats are a continually looming presence.

Jumpmaster 5 k's got a Regional win in the UK. 3 of the top 4 were 3 J5K's. http://www.fishywargaming.com/#!MK-Regional-Event-020516/cmbz/5727172e0cf279e813062d1e

What a bland meta...

Ya that's a bit disheartening. I was under the impression the meta was supposed to diversify over time, not thin out into this. Luckily, this hasn't been seen in the other regionals, even if Uboats are a continually looming presence.
Looks atypical compared to recent US regionals. We have half aces, half crack swarms.

At Michigan, 

Phildo (Phil Horny) won running:

Whisper w/ ACD, VI, FCS

RAC w/ Palp, EU, Adaptability, RC

Jeff Berling came in second (so yes, this was a Gencon rematch).  I'm missing 5 points on his list (he has a 1pt init bid), and I'm pretty sure 4 of them were a PT on one of them, but I can't remember which, but the 94 pts I do remember are:

Dengar w/ LW, Zuckuss, R5-P8, Glitterstim, CM, Punishing One

Manaroo w/ PTL, Recon, Unhinged, EU

Top 4 had Phil playing Matt Ciamitario running the same list as Phil

Jeff was playing Alex Yuen

Alex was running:

Kanan w/ TLT, AdvS, Recon, Tactician, Tactical Jammer

Ezra w/ Chopper, Wired

Biggs w/ R4-D6, IA

Top 8 included Nick Lamaar (PGS), Jeff Bizzak (myself), Ed Schulte, and I believe Marcos Leggett

And I'm sorry, but I don't remeber anyone else's list at the top 8 since I didn't watch them or play against them.

I was running:

Kanan w/ TLT, Recon, Chopper, FCS, EU

Miranda w/ TLT, Sabine, EM, Conners, Seismics, AdvSlam

Here is a shot of the final standings.  Phil and Marcos took an ID on the last round after going 5-0.  Eric and Jeff Berling took an ID in round 3 when the brothers were paired up against each other, and then took another in the final round.  Nick took IDs in the 5th and 6th after going 4-0...   And either Josh or David (can't remember which one is which) had 2 modified wins and 3 regulars, while the other had an actual draw at the end of the round.  So overall, not too bad on the ID front.

I can mostly speak to Marcos and Ed's lists as they were my two losses. Going off memory here, and I could be wrong on the exact upgrades...but I believe the results will get uploaded to list juggler soon anyway as they were running Cryodex. Marcos ran RAC/Whisper: Chiraneau with VI/Gunner/Vader/EU and Whisper with VI/FCS/ACD/Kallus. Ed ran Han/Poe: Han with Predator/Gunner/C-3p0/EU/title and Poe with VI/R2-D2/Autothrusters.

Also pretty sure Marcos played his last match. He was at the table next to me and didn't take the ID because he knew he had a hard counter to the Imp Aces list he was facing.

What a bland meta...

Seeing as how the winning list included built a Bumpmaster using Manaroo, I'd say it was still fairly unconventional.

Maybe I'm just not savvy with the crew member yet, but are folks enjoying Kallus a lot? I feel as if I'd have a hard time calling out a single ship in a Palp Aces match, especially when paired with a Vader&Gunner Deci -- what's the point of calling Kallus on the ace, then, since they should be exploding into space dust rather quickly? 

I guess for those that out PS/Init Whisper? Or the Shuttle at that point, to help burn it down?

Milton Keynes top eight was a bit more diverse. Top 8 was quad TLT, Han/ Poe, OL and crack swarm, palp aces, 2 triple jumps, 2 jump n bumpmaster with manaroo.

Top 4 was 2 manaroo jumps, palp aces and triple jump. The manaroo off semi final ended in a simultaneous fire death with win on initiative!

The fact that half of top 8 were jumps was mostly down to a lot of people running them and the fact that for a lot of people this was the first time facing them so people were unaware of how to approach/ beat them

At Michigan, 

Phildo (Phil Horny) won running:

Whisper w/ ACD, VI, FCS

RAC w/ Palp, EU, Adaptability, RC

Jeff Berling came in second (so yes, this was a Gencon rematch).  I'm missing 5 points on his list (he has a 1pt init bid), and I'm pretty sure 4 of them were a PT on one of them, but I can't remember which, but the 94 pts I do remember are:

Dengar w/ LW, Zuckuss, R5-P8, Glitterstim, CM, Punishing One

Manaroo w/ PTL, Recon, Unhinged, EU

Top 4 had Phil playing Matt Ciamitario running the same list as Phil

Jeff was playing Alex Yuen

Alex was running:

Kanan w/ TLT, AdvS, Recon, Tactician, Tactical Jammer

Ezra w/ Chopper, Wired

Biggs w/ R4-D6, IA

Top 8 included Nick Lamaar (PGS), Jeff Bizzak (myself), Ed Schulte, and I believe Marcos Leggett

And I'm sorry, but I don't remeber anyone else's list at the top 8 since I didn't watch them or play against them.

I was running:

Kanan w/ TLT, Recon, Chopper, FCS, EU

Miranda w/ TLT, Sabine, EM, Conners, Seismics, AdvSlam

Here is a shot of the final standings.  Phil and Marcos took an ID on the last round after going 5-0.  Eric and Jeff Berling took an ID in round 3 when the brothers were paired up against each other, and then took another in the final round.  Nick took IDs in the 5th and 6th after going 4-0...   And either Josh or David (can't remember which one is which) had 2 modified wins and 3 regulars, while the other had an actual draw at the end of the round.  So overall, not too bad on the ID front.

I can mostly speak to Marcos and Ed's lists as they were my two losses. Going off memory here, and I could be wrong on the exact upgrades...but I believe the results will get uploaded to list juggler soon anyway as they were running Cryodex. Marcos ran RAC/Whisper: Chiraneau with VI/Gunner/Vader/EU and Whisper with VI/FCS/ACD/Kallus. Ed ran Han/Poe: Han with Predator/Gunner/C-3p0/EU/title and Poe with VI/R2-D2/Autothrusters.

Also pretty sure Marcos played his last match. He was at the table next to me and didn't take the ID because he knew he had a hard counter to the Imp Aces list he was facing.

I was unlucky enough to be the Imp Aces list that Marcos trounced in the last Swiss round. I would have snuck in at 13th place if he had taken the ID. He mentioned that he had taken an ID the previous round, which is why he wanted to play. Little did I know that he had gotten a look at what I was running and knew it wouldn't be much of a challenge. 

Full standings at the time of cut, along with the top 16 lists, are now scanned in and on our site.

Apologies for not having the actual top 16 bracket up - that's the one sheet I failed to grab on my way home from the store today.  I'll try to get it up ASAP.

One of my more tech savvy regulars will try to get the lists into Juggler later this week.

http://flatlandgamestore.com/news/x-wing-regional-results/

Edited by Cervidal

I'm hearing Decimators did well at Michigan.

Phildo knocked me out with Whisper RAC. RAC had Palpatine, Rebel Captive, Engine Upgrade, and (+1) Adaptability, and Whisper had VI, ACD, FCS. There were two exact copies of this list in the top 4 that faced each other haha.

Last round came down Phildo's list against a Manaroo Dengar list. Demgar had a bunch of crazy stuff on him like Zuckuss and Countermeasures and Glitterstim and the title and R5-P8. Manaroo had PtL and would just give all of her actions to Dengar so he was free to stack up a million stress tokens with Zuckuss.

Also, placed 9th after 6 Swiss rounds having only played 3 actual games haha. First round used my bye card, rounds 2-4 I won, rounds 5 and 6 I intentionally drew.

You would ID your last two rounds. Also pretty sure you cooked your dice at some point. Noone rolls that well consistently. Just glad you got your butt handed to you because you deserved it.
What list did you fly?

Also, with FCS and Mindlink Brobots I always have dice mods going. Even outside of that, I do roll like a god a lot, feels great.

Nevermind, I think I figured out who you are. I like to WAAC but at least I don't wait until a game is half over to call a judge over because my opponent is proxying cards and using a printout.

Edited by ParaGoomba Slayer