Sign in to follow this  
MajorJuggler

2016 Regionals Results

I tried a PTL version of Echo using the free Evade to PTL for a second action, then clearing with a green and getting a 3rd action. What I learned was that Echo at PS 6 or PS 8 can be an awesome ship but she takes lots of flying skill and tons of practice to perfect. Unfortunately I had neither and so by experiment never went very far. I do know that no ship in the game has more unpredictable movement than Echo. Which includes flying "backwards". The approach wit VI is clear and plays just like Whisper. The approach with PS 6 is totally different and I would think uses SJ and SPA (as opposed to ACD) and just makes use of superior flying and the myriad options given by the decloak/dial combo.

I am curious to know what the math says about 4 green dice with focus vs two green dice with focus, evade and Lone Wolf?

4 focused green = 3 dodges

2 focused green + evade = 2.5 dodges

Thats vs a single attack, vs multiple attacks after tokens 4 green dice is obv twice as good. However that's only part of the story as ACD is also a free cloak thus a free decloak to reposition, on top of being superior defence.

This doesn't include Lone Wolf which would make them even vs a single opponent, right. Then it becomes 4 naked dice vs 2 with Lone Wolf. So don't be a multi-target if you ever want to consider running SPA.

True, with Lone Wolf it's actually very close vs a single attack.

Still doesn't help reposition, but raw defence is comparable.

I'm hearing Decimators did well at Michigan.

Phildo knocked me out with Whisper RAC. RAC had Palpatine, Rebel Captive, Engine Upgrade, and (+1) Adaptability, and Whisper had VI, ACD, FCS. There were two exact copies of this list in the top 4 that faced each other haha.

Last round came down Phildo's list against a Manaroo Dengar list. Demgar had a bunch of crazy stuff on him like Zuckuss and Countermeasures and Glitterstim and the title and R5-P8. Manaroo had PtL and would just give all of her actions to Dengar so he was free to stack up a million stress tokens with Zuckuss.

Also, placed 9th after 6 Swiss rounds having only played 3 actual games haha. First round used my bye card, rounds 2-4 I won, rounds 5 and 6 I intentionally drew.

Phildo knocked me out with Whisper RAC. RAC had Palpatine, Rebel Captive, Engine Upgrade, and (+1) Adaptability, and Whisper had VI, ACD, FCS. There were two exact copies of this list in the top 4 that faced each other haha.

Last round came down Phildo's list against a Manaroo Dengar list. Demgar had a bunch of crazy stuff on him like Zuckuss and Countermeasures and Glitterstim and the title and R5-P8. Manaroo had PtL and would just give all of her actions to Dengar so he was free to stack up a million stress tokens with Zuckuss.

Also, placed 9th after 6 Swiss rounds having only played 3 actual games haha. First round used my bye card, rounds 2-4 I won, rounds 5 and 6 I intentionally drew.

You would ID your last two rounds. Also pretty sure you cooked your dice at some point. Noone rolls that well consistently. Just glad you got your butt handed to you because you deserved it.

Sadly this is our reality until the new tournament rules come out. Way to skate by and only play half the games in the tournament. I bet it really feels like you earned that place in the cut.

Sadly this is our reality until the new tournament rules come out. Way to skate by and only play half the games in the tournament. I bet it really feels like you earned that place in the cut.

It's worth noting that the other player was probably in the same situation. They may have played four games if they didn't have the SC bye, but yeah it seems ridiculous that it is possible.

Hey bro, fly casual. It's just a game ;)

I'll have top 16 lists and final standings for our Wixom, MI event posted on our site on Monday evening, when I next have some time free to get everything scanned in and rocking.

We didn't really get everyone out until about 12:30, and I am already back at the shop for an open to close Sunday.

I'll have top 16 lists and final standings for our Wixom, MI event posted on our site on Monday evening, when I next have some time free to get everything scanned in and rocking.

We didn't really get everyone out until about 12:30, and I am already back at the shop for an open to close Sunday.

Thanks for your efforts.

In the meantime does anybody know what won?

At Michigan, 

Phildo (Phil Horny) won running:
Whisper w/ ACD, VI, FCS

RAC w/ Palp, EU, Adaptability, RC

Jeff Berling came in second (so yes, this was a Gencon rematch).  I'm missing 5 points on his list (he has a 1pt init bid), and I'm pretty sure 4 of them were a PT on one of them, but I can't remember which, but the 94 pts I do remember are:

Dengar w/ LW, Zuckuss, R5-P8, Glitterstim, CM, Punishing One

Manaroo w/ PTL, Recon, Unhinged, EU

Top 4 had Phil playing Matt Ciamitario running the same list as Phil

Jeff was playing Alex Yuen

Alex was running:

Kanan w/ TLT, AdvS, Recon, Tactician, Tactical Jammer

Ezra w/ Chopper, Wired

Biggs w/ R4-D6, IA

Top 8 included Nick Lamaar (PGS), Jeff Bizzak (myself), Ed Schulte, and I believe Marcos Leggett

And I'm sorry, but I don't remeber anyone else's list at the top 8 since I didn't watch them or play against them.

I was running:

Kanan w/ TLT, Recon, Chopper, FCS, EU

Miranda w/ TLT, Sabine, EM, Conners, Seismics, AdvSlam

Here is a shot of the final standings.  Phil and Marcos took an ID on the last round after going 5-0.  Eric and Jeff Berling took an ID in round 3 when the brothers were paired up against each other, and then took another in the final round.  Nick took IDs in the 5th and 6th after going 4-0...   And either Josh or David (can't remember which one is which) had 2 modified wins and 3 regulars, while the other had an actual draw at the end of the round.  So overall, not too bad on the ID front.

20160430_185905_zpspwsiliqq.jpg