Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MajorJuggler

2016 Regionals Results

1,259 posts in this topic

Interesting tidbits from chatting with some of the gents while watching this stream- https://www.twitch.tv/etxlive

Apparently in the Queensland, Australia Regional, 2 players were cut from the Top 8 because they failed to list Guidance Chips in their submitted lists. Ouch.

That's sucks!

And apparently another player who did get into the top 8 was eliminated as he brought Boba, even included the point for him in his list, but didn't write it down.

Geez - Aussies are tough. Moral of the story: use an online list builder and print out your list! Writing a list in is just prone to stupid mistakes...

At least one of the players had a printed list from an online builder and didn't include the Chips.

One of the faults was a guy who pointed out the failure himself and took the DQ.

The cascade of rechecks on lists and then DQs caused a lot of players to have scores out of whack.

It caused me to be pushed out of the Top 8, but then after the other DQ, put me back in.

I thought my head was going to explode.

I have to say that the guys running it, particularly Ado, did a good job with the ugly situation.

And also that the player base on a whole was really civil (at the event). There where no blow-ups and all discussion was reasonable.

I'm glad everyone appreciated what a difficult situation it was.

Edited by jokerkd
Kael Hate and DR4CO like this

Okay, here are the lists from top 16.

NOTE these are not in order of final standings, but the standings at the end of swiss. (I didn't stick around long enough to record the final standings, but hopefully someone else can jump in.

Bryan Taylor:

100: IG-B/C; VI, HLC, Fire Control, Glitterstim

Total: 100

(Lost to Calen)

Christopher Brown:

35: Soontir Fel, PtL, Title, Stealth, Autothrusters

31: Inquistor, PtL, Title, Autothrusters

32: OGP, Palpatine, Reinforced Deflectors

Total: 98

(Not sure who eliminated him)

Paul Vogl:

47: Lothal Rebel, Hera, Ezra, TLT, FCS

52: Chewie, PtL, Kyle, Kanan, Falcon

Total: 99

(Lost to Blair)

William Wooldridge:

41: Whisper, VI, FCS, Agent Kallus

26: Omega Leader, Juke, Comms Relay

32: Yorr, Emperor Palpatine

Falk Bock

33: OGP, Palpatine, Sensor Jammer

24: Colzet, Title, FCS, MkII engines

29: Inquisitor, PtL, Title

14: Wampa

Blair Bunke:

17: Prototype A, Chardaan, Autothrusters

26: Gold Y, TLT, BTL-A4, R3-A2

22: Blue B

13: Tala Z

(Eliminated by Zach Bunn)

Stephen Van Mil:

33: Zuckuss, VI, Dengar, Title, Tractor

35: Scout, Proton, Boba, R4 agro, Deadeye, EM, Chips

31: Scout, Plasma, Intel Agent, Overclocked R4, Deadeye, Chips

Carson Hopper:

26: Omega Leader, Juke, Comms

15: Black TIE, Crackshot

(Lost to Calen Wong)

David Drew:

31: Inquisitor, PtL, Title, Autothrusters

29: OGP, Palpatine

Calen Wong:

53: Kanan, Ghost, Tactical Jammer, TLT, Adv Sensors, Tactician, Rec Spec

21: Ezra, Phantom, Rage, Chopper,

26: Biggs, R4-D6, Integrated Astro

(Lost to Zach Bunn on the final table)

Richard Li:

35: Soontir Fel, Title, PtL, Autothrusters, Stealth

34: Inquisitor, Title, PtL, Autothrusters, Prockets

(Lost to Blair Bunke)

Zach Bunn:

38: Darth Vader, Title, VI, ATC, Prockets, Engine

31: Valen Rudor, Title, PtL, Prockets

31: OGP, Palpatine, Ion Projector

(Won the whole **** thing. Congratulations and welcome to the PNW!)

Brian Allison:

36: Scout, Chips, Plasma, EM, Deadeye, Recon, R4

28: Scout, APL, Intel Agent, Adaptability

(Lost to Zach Bunn)

Clint Collett:

42: Whisper, VI, FCS, ACD, Rec Spec

56: Boba Fett, HLC, Lone Wolf, Stealth, Rec Spec, Seismic Charge

(Lost to Paul Vogl)

Dustin Foran:

35: Darth Vader, Title, VI, ATC, Engine Upgrade

34: Carnor, Title, PtL, Autothrusters, Stealth Device

31: OGP, Emperor, APL

(Lost to Calen Wong)

Chris Norris

40: Lothal Rebel, ABT, FCS, Zeb

40: Lothal Rebel, ABT, FCS, Hera, Chopper

20: Y-wing, ABT

(Lost to Carson Hopper)

Edited by Sekac

My favorite part about Valen Rudor is I havent even given him the time of day due to the obvious reasons and living in the Inquisitor's shadow, and Zach goes and wins a Regional with him and Vader! Haha! Just like Tie/D + Ion Cannon Defenders, it seems you can't judge a ship/pilot as useless until you actually field the dang thing.

Deroche and CheapCreep like this

The beauty of that list is that it allows him to use every point in his list. Vader goes to PS 11 and wins the PS bid, and the typical Inquistor drops to a cheaper PS 6 pilot. No reason to save points on an initiative bid, spend them on prockets!

Paul Vogl:

(Lost to Blair)

OOh, cool list! Both very mobile, yet dice-efficient. Glad to see a unique Rebel list doing well, too!

davidhaus likes this

Not including results from today, I made a google sheet that includes 44 reported regional wins, sorted by archetype and faction.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sh9YWdIAFs4TcZVPs5FScxnW2EzoJofX82I2SpmRoOI/edit?usp=sharing

Thought you guys might be interested.

Yeah, Palp Aces is worse for the game than U-Boats are. I understand that that Palp Aces number may be inflated a little because it can contain many different Acewings, but still.

U-Boats can be played around with general skill and tactics and bids to PS 3+. In order to deal with Palp Aces you need hard counters. Merely bumping Soontir is not enough, with only 4 agility dice and Palpatine to modify, the Soontir player has a 48% chance of taking no damage IF, IF you get 3 hits.

Theorist's article about hyper accurate attacks ruining the game is incorrect. Hyper accurate defense is what is forcing hyper accurate attacks to be neccesary.

The game also falls apart when one side has invincible ships and the other side does not. This game was meant for offense to generally surpass defense. Not only with the way the dice work, but also with the costing of certain upgrades. Flight Instructor vs. Predator, the general shittiness of Countermeasures (pretty good in this meta though), Sensor Jammer vs. Juke, etc. When you have cards like Autothrusters, C-3PO, and Palpatine that buff your defense with little to no limitations it tips the scales in favor of defense and makes your ships untouchable.

why not take your own invincible ships? One of the best parts of the game is shrugging of 3 hit attacks when you roll 3 blanks on the greens. Seeing there excitement and the color drain from there face when you say autothruster, palpatine, evade token.

Still not as good as watching a Fel pass up a range 1 focused 4 Dice attack because he's scared out of his panties to take Dengars payback with Zuckuss and suffer an R5-P8. Then later kill him with a Feedback Array. Imp Aces have vulnerabilities. The trick is to find a list which can exploit those vulnerabilities and still perform well vs other top lists. That's the sweet spot.

Dual Brobots with Mindlink and feedback and FCS HLC performs well against a lot of things. I just wish I wasn't forced into putting Feedback into every Scum list. Either you counterbuild for Palp Aces or you automatically lose, it's irritating. At a certain point I'm just going to throw my hands up in the air and put quad G1-A, quad Feedback on the table.

If bank boost was red, it would go a long way towards making Palp Aces less brutal.

My favorite part about Valen Rudor is I havent even given him the time of day due to the obvious reasons and living in the Inquisitor's shadow, and Zach goes and wins a Regional with him and Vader! Haha! Just like Tie/D + Ion Cannon Defenders, it seems you can't judge a ship/pilot as useless until you actually field the dang thing.

Eh - thing with Rudor is that he...more than any pilot I can really think of...REALLY DEMANDS THE RIGHT ENEMY.  That is - you WANT him fighting higher-skilled opponents.  His ability, which you are paying for, requires someone to actually shoot at you when you can do something useful with it.  A few PS9s shooting at Rudor is my ideal day - I TL+evade (title) as his action, then someone shoots him...I focus.  Someone else shoots him...I boost.  etc.

So when I've run my TAP, TAP, Sith list (Rudor, Inquisitor, Vader) - when I face higher PS opponents, I usually win.  When I face a triple-U-boat list...I lose.  By the time any of them are shooting at Rudor, he's already taken his own shot, and is now really limited in what kind of 'useful' actions he can take.

He's an odd duck.  Definitely likes to be lower PS than his enemy, and becomes a god of the battlefield when he is.  Which is...unusual.  And, again, really means your day is made or broken based on what you are paired against.

CheapCreep likes this

I don't play as imperials, so I can only contribute so much. But from what I was watching today, against lower PS ships Zach mostly just used PtL in the activation phase to arc dodge and slap them around. He hits exactly as hard as the inquisitor at range 1.

Finally finished typing up the results of the Queensland, Australia Regionals. We had 58 players, by far the biggest event we've ever had in the state.  :)

List Juggler:

And the Top Cut:

Champion
Travis Foss - 25 points - 994 MoV
Contracted Scout + Adaptability + Intelligence Agent + Feedback Array + Anti-Pursuit Lasers
Contracted Scout + Deadeye + Plasma Torpedoes + Extra Munitions + R4 Agromech + Guidance Chips
Contracted Scout + Deadeye + Proton Torpedoes + Extra Munitions + Boba Fett + R4 Agromech + Guidance Chips
(98)

Runner-up
Jason Whitaker - 21 points - 852 MoV
Contracted Scout + Adaptability + Intelligence Agent + Anti-Pursuit Lasers
Syndicate Thug + Twin Laser Turret
(100)

Top 4
Grant O'Dwyer - 24 points - 886 MoV
Contracted Scout + Extra Munitions + Plasma Torpedoes + Guidance Chips + Deadeye + R4 Agromech
Contracted Scout + Extra Munitions + Proton Torpedoes + Guidance Chips + Deadeye + R4 Agromech
Zuckuss + Tractor Beam + Veteran Instincts + Mist Hunter + Dengar
(100)

Robert Eyles - 23 points - 806 MoV
Howlrunner + Crack Shot
Black Squadron Pilot + Crack Shot
Zeta Leader + Crack Shot
(100)

Top 8
Peter Toh - 25 points - 935 MoV
Whisper + Intelligence Agent + Fire-Control System + Advanced Cloaking Device + Veteran Instincts
Omega Leader + Juke + Comm Relay
Captain Yorr + Electronic Baffle + Emperor Palpatine
(99)

Ross Evans - 25 points - 846 MoV
Chopper + Autoblaster Turret + Fire-Control System + Hera Syndulla
Dash Rendar + Heavy Laser Cannon + Push the Limit + Engine Upgrade + Outrider + Kanan Jarrus
(100)

Dan Stallard - 23 points - 774 MoV
Corran Horn + R2-D2 + Fire-Control System + Push the Limit + Engine Upgrade
Biggs Darklighter + R4-D6 + Integrated Astromech
Green Squadron Pilot + A-Wing Test Pilot + Proton Rockets + Adaptability + Guidance Chips + Push the Limit
(99)

Chris Haak - 21 points - 830 MoV
Omicron Group Pilot + Emperor Palpatine
Wampa
The Inquisitor + Push the Limit + Tie/v1 + Autothrusters

(100) 
Edited by DR4CO

Okay, here are the lists from top 16.

NOTE these are not in order of final standings, but the standings at the end of swiss. (I didn't stick around long enough to record the final standings, but hopefully someone else can jump in.

Bryan Taylor:

100: IG-B/C; VI, HLC, Fire Control, Glitterstim

(Lost to Calen)

Christopher Brown:

35: Soontir Fel, PtL, Title, Stealth, Autothrusters

31: Inquistor, PtL, Title, Autothrusters

32: OGP, Palpatine, Reinforced Deflectors

Paul Vogl:

(Lost to Blair)

William Wooldridge:

41: Whisper, VI, FCS, Agent Kallus

26: Omega Leader, Juke, Comms Relay

32: Yorr, Emperor Palpatine

Falk Bock

33: OGP, Palpatine, Sensor Jammer

24: Colzet, Title, FCS, MkII engines

29: Inquisitor, PtL, Title

Blair Bunke:

17: Prototype A, Chardaan, Autothrusters

26: Gold Y, TLT, BTL-A4, R3-A2

13: Tala Z

(Eliminated by Zach Bunn)

Stephen Van Mil:

33: Zuckuss, VI, Dengar, Title, Tractor

35: Scout, Proton, Boba, R4 agro, Deadeye, EM, Chips

31: Scout, Plasma, Intel Agent, Overclocked R4, Deadeye, Chips

Carson Hopper:

(Lost to Calen Wong)

David Drew:

31: Inquisitor, PtL, Title, Autothrusters

Calen Wong:

53: Kanan, Ghost, Tactical Jammer, TLT, Adv Sensors, Tactician, Rec Spec

21: Ezra, Phantom, Rage, Chopper,

26: Biggs, R4-D6, Integrated Astro

(Lost to Zach Bunn on the final table)

Richard Li:

35: Soontir Fel, Title, PtL, Autothrusters, Stealth

34: Inquisitor, Title, PtL, Autothrusters, Prockets

(Lost to Blair Bunke)

Zach Bunn:

38: Darth Vader, Title, VI, ATC, Prockets

31: Valen Rudor, Title, PtL, Prockets

31: OGP, Palpatine

(Won the whole **** thing. Congratulations and welcome to the PNW!)

Brian Allison:

28: Scout, APL, Intel Agent, Adaptability

(Lost to Zach Bunn)

Clint Collett:

42: Whisper, VI, FCS, ACD, Rec Spec

56: Boba Fett, HLC, Lone Wolf, Stealth, Rec Spec, Seismic Charge

(Lost to Paul Vogl)

Dustin Foran:

35: Darth Vader, Title, VI, ATC, Engine Upgrade

34: Carnor, Title, PtL, Autothrusters, Stealth Device

31: OGP, Emperor, APL

(Lost to Calen Wong)

Chris Norris

40: Lothal Rebel, ABT, FCS, Zeb

40: Lothal Rebel, ABT, FCS, Hera, Chopper

20: Y-wing, ABT

(Lost to Carson Hopper)

I didn't go through all lists but the totals from Zach list are off or missing upgrades. I'm going to guess he shuttle had ion projector and Vader had EU with those totals?

Finally finished typing up the results of the Queensland, Australia Regionals. We had 58 players, by far the biggest event we've ever had in the state.  :)

List Juggler:

And the Top Cut:

Champion
Contracted Scout + Adaptability + Intelligence Agent + Feedback Array + Anti-Pursuit Lasers
Contracted Scout + Deadeye + Plasma Torpedoes + Extra Munitions + R4 Agromech + Guidance Chips
Contracted Scout + Deadeye + Proton Torpedoes + Extra Munitions + Boba Fett + R4 Agromech + Guidance Chips
(98)

Runner-up
(100)

Top 4
Contracted Scout + Extra Munitions + Plasma Torpedoes + Guidance Chips + Deadeye + R4 Agromech
Contracted Scout + Extra Munitions + Proton Torpedoes + Guidance Chips + Deadeye + R4 Agromech
(100)

Howlrunner + Crack Shot
Zeta Leader + Crack Shot
(100)

Top 8
Whisper + Intelligence Agent + Fire-Control System + Advanced Cloaking Device + Veteran Instincts
(99)

Dash Rendar + Heavy Laser Cannon + Push the Limit + Engine Upgrade + Outrider + Kanan Jarrus
(100)

Green Squadron Pilot + A-Wing Test Pilot + Proton Rockets + Adaptability + Guidance Chips + Push the Limit
(99)

Wampa

(100) 

So, did the #1 seed after Swiss drop?

Edit: Totally unrelated, anyone know if anyone is tracking the Spanish Regionals results? (Even in Spanish...) I know RojoCinco used to do it in previous years...

Edited by MajorJuggler

Edit: Totally unrelated, anyone know if anyone is tracking the Spanish Regionals results? (Even in Spanish...) I know RojoCinco used to do it in previous years...

RojoCinco decided to drop X-Wing and went full "generic" Star Wars blog. Nowadays the biggest site covering the Spanish community is http://www.mercenariosdelagalaxia.es/, but I have no idea if (or when) they will publish some article regarding any (or all) regional and so. Well, and Escuadrón Pícaro forums, but is not the best place to find these things :P

I've been trying to get the lists from Bilbao regional, played this last weekend. Madrid lists were published so quick due me asking on certain WhatsApp group, but I've had no luck so far with Bilbao :(

EDIT: Oops, just got them. Give me some minutes to put them in order and translate.

Edited by Kharnete
MajorJuggler likes this

Here it is. Already double checked for any mistakes by my part.

Bilbao, Spain
May 28-29
Joker Comics
86 players

Winner

• Tomás Alonso (#4 Swiss, 25 / 766)
    • Contracted Scout + Deadeye + Plasma Torpedoes + Extra Munitions + Zuckuss + Overclocked R4 + Guidance Chips
    • Contracted Scout + Deadeye + Plasma Torpedoes + Extra Munitions + 4-LOM + Overclocked R4 + Guidance Chips
    • Contracted Scout + Deadeye + Proton Torpedoes + Extra Munitions + Boba Fett + Overclocked R4 + Guidance Chips

Runner-up

• Javier Hidalgo (#7 Swiss, 23 / 800)
    • Soontir Fel + Push the Limit + Royal Guard TIE + Autothrusters + Stealth Device
    • Captain Oicunn + Adaptability + Darth Vader + Gunner + Mara Jade + Thermal Detonators + Engine Upgrade + Dauntless

Top 4

• José Miguel Fernández (#8 Swiss, 23 / 792)
    • Carnor Jax + Push the Limit + Royal Guard TIE + Autothrusters + Stealth Device
    • The Inquisitor + Push the Limit + Autothrusters + TIE/v1
    • Darth Vader + Veteran Instincts + TIE/x1 + Advanced Targeting Computer + Engine Upgrade
  • Ruben Creo (#6 Swiss, 24 / 771)
    • "Chopper" + Fire-Control System + Autoblaster + Hera Syndulla + Ezra Bridger + Tactical Jammer
    • Biggs Darklighter + R4-D6 + Integrated Astromech
    • Grey Squadron Pilot + Twin Laser Turret + R3-A2 + BTL-A4 Y-Wing

Top 8

• Cristóbal Pazos (#3 Swiss, 25 / 844)
    • Biggs Darklighter + R2-D2 + Integrated Astromech
    • Kanan Jarrus + Accuracy Corrector + Autoblaster + "Zeb" Orrelios + Recon Specialist + Tactical Jammer + Ghost
    • Ezra Bridger + Rage + Hera Syndulla + Phantom
  • Ander López (#5 Swiss, 25 / 758)
    • Dengar + Adaptability + Plasma Torpedoes + Tactician + R5-P8 + Glitterstim + Engine Upgrade + Punishing One
    • Manaroo + Deadeye + Plasma Torpedoes + Extra Munition + Recon Specialist + R4 Agromech + Feedback Array + Guidance Chips
  • Igor Ródenas (#1 Swiss, 30 / 971)
    • Soontir Fel + Push the Limit + Royal Guard TIE + Targeting Computer + Stealth Device
    • Darth Vader + Adaptability + TIE/x1 + Advanced Targeting Computer + Engine Upgrade
  • Andoni Abril (#2 Swiss, 25 / 934)
    • Omega Leader + Juke + Comm Relay
    • "Echo" + Lone Wolf + Sensor Jammer + Recon Specialist + Advanced Cloaking Device
Edited by Kharnete
MajorJuggler likes this

What the heck? Do they not believe in Palpatine in Spain or what?

Madrid had 7 Palpatines in the Top 16. I don't think we are too different on that, but we'll see the rest of regionals (Zaragoza and Valencia will be this weekend).

Edited by Kharnete

List Juggler:

And the Top Cut:

Champion
(98)

Runner-up
(100)

Top 4
(100)

Howlrunner + Crack Shot
Zeta Leader + Crack Shot
(100)

Top 8
(99)

(100)

(99)

Wampa

(100) 

So, did the #1 seed after Swiss drop?

#1 seed after Swiss was one of the guys with an incorrect list and got DQ'd. Only came up after a list check discovered it when we came back on the second day for the Top 8.

Edited by DR4CO
ObiWonka and CheapCreep like this

In order to deal with Palp Aces you need hard counters. Merely bumping Soontir is not enough, with only 4 agility dice and Palpatine to modify, the Soontir player has a 48% chance of taking no damage IF, IF you get 3 hits.

The implicit assumption is that Palpatine is alive, which isn't always the case. Also one doesn't need to kill Soontir to win.

Yeah. Both of my losses were to Palp Aces, and in both losses I had little trouble taking out Palp before I took any serious damage.

The problem I had was I couldn't really line up good shots on the aces, as they were more than happy to hit-and-run from my Autoblaster turrets and generally did a good job evading my arcs. That's just simple arc-dodging, which the aces do extremely well now that the stress meta has been pushed out in favor of the alpha-strike meta.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sh9YWdIAFs4TcZVPs5FScxnW2EzoJofX82I2SpmRoOI/edit?usp=sharing

So I've added the latest results, and have added a second page! (gasp). It's more of personal use since there's a few regionals coming up near me, but I figure it might be helpful for other people too. I may add other regions of the US and the world, but only if people really want to see that.

Ailowynn and IG88E like this