Green Squadron Pilot - second elite talent slot

Hi guys

I'm running off a basic build of:

GSP

PTL

Title

Chardaan Refit

AT's

This comes to 22 points leaving a pretty free choice for the second elite talent when running a squad of 4 but the question is which one?

Predator - may seem a waste on a 2 attack ship but is almost as good as a TL as on average with 2 dice one should be a hit or crit

Outmanoeuvre - a bit situational but the reduced agility should help hits get through and has some synergy with AT's in that you want to out of arc

Juke - using PTL to focus and evade means this gives more options on attack and if they're all pointing at the same ship can do some damage. Also only 2 points so could change one up to VI Jake.

Anyone tried any similar lists? I quite like the predator list but haven't had much chance to test them.

Played with a build that's pretty much the same, I like crack shot as it helps push though the damage with a 2 shot primary weapon, good for stripping off stealth devices or getting a fel that's turtles up to spend more tokens just because you may pop crack shot

I love a-wings, but its not easy to make them competitive.  You can run 4 greens with Push + pred + autos (or a mix of predator/outmanoeuvre) but your biggest challenge will be keeping your guys alive.  Quad a-wings always end on time (since its so hard to kill 100 points of stuff with 2 attack guns) and the best you can hope for is to kill more points than your opponent does.  So top priority should be keeping your little guys alive as long as possible.

If you go crack shot, you do get some nice burst damage and as mentioned, you could then run a 31 point wingmate beside 3 greenies.  Unfortunately, there's not very many good ace options at 31 points.  Jake's best build is 33 points and Tycho is even more expensive, so that leaves out a 4th a-wing.  Wedge is too squishy without Biggs (who costs too much to run even 2 greens) so that's out too.  

You could try Sabine w/ predator, intel agent & TLT = 31.  But you have to be really good at flying her.  She does cover some of your a-wing's weaknesses and at the same time, 3 autothruster-equipped ships cover her main weakness (other turrets).

So the list looks like:

Sabine as described = 31

3 green pilots w/ PTL, test pilot, crack shot, chardaan & autos = 23 x 3

Rage/push/EI/refit tycho comes in at 31 points, though EI isn't needed it's good for getting attack dice re rolls, focus token plus evade boost/ 2nd focus, though you could change EI to autothrusters and get the 1 point bid for going against other PS3 or 8 ships

I like the idea of rage tycho, just need the card! I've always struggled with Tycho to justify him over Jake but without rage wired is a decent option for him. He always just seems a point or two too expensive.

I... hadn't thought of Experimental Interface Tycho. That puts him at 4 actions a turn, if you count Rage as a Focus+TL (which I do!). But I do NOT like giving up Autothrusters. Green dice are fickle at best, and turrets are way too common to not want a free evade against them every shot. I think that PTL+Rage+AT is the build to go with, and at 30 points that's pretty good...

Wired, however, is garbage. It sounds appealing (Look, a reroll that works on attack and defense!) but its Focus-only requirement means it rarely triggers when it matters. No amount of testing has shown that it's worth it.

As an aside, a friend of mine is running a 54-point Dash (dropping EU because he has Kanan), and he's running two GSPs with AT/PTL/Crackshot. I'm not sure if it's good yet, though. Time will tell...

I'm a fan of juke. When I'm flying I'll almost always focus/evade. It helps keep the little guys alive and can push some damage through as well.

The Juke build is the one I've been using most. Can't figure out if 2 GSP's with that set up are better than the 48pt Corran build. If Corran survives to the end game he's a beast but he always seem to get focused down early on

Crackshot is a good option for ships with just two attacks...or juke...try both and make up your mind about what works best for you...

Also...must say that I do think that wired is kind of okay...have saved me a couple of times...the more dice you throw the more chances you have on getting eyes (so it is better on decence for awings)...wired makes your focus action worse though and that is bad...but if your playstyle is boost and evade all the time then wired is an option...

// LÖWE

There was a popular list in circulation about a month ago that had 4 A wings like so:

Green Squad Pilot

PTL

Wingman

A wing Title

Charadaan refit

Hull Upgrade

Totalled 25 squad points rounding out a full squad list.

Wingman makes it so you can perform your double actions the turn before a kturn

The playstyle was very intricate and rellied heavily on blocking. 

Never got around to trying it out myself but looked really fun.

There was a popular list in circulation about a month ago that had 4 A wings like so:

Green Squad Pilot

PTL

Wingman

A wing Title

Charadaan refit

Hull Upgrade

Totalled 25 squad points rounding out a full squad list.

Wingman makes it so you can perform your double actions the turn before a kturn

The playstyle was very intricate and rellied heavily on blocking. 

Never got around to trying it out myself but looked really fun.

That looks very much like the green arrow list, very much famed on this thread

I'm a fan of juke. When I'm flying I'll almost always focus/evade. It helps keep the little guys alive and can push some damage through as well.

I like Juke but I feel it works better on high PS ships. On a low PS ship like the GSP, there is a real risk you will need to spend that Evade token to keep it alive before you get a chance to trigger it when you attack.

I like Juke but I feel it works better on high PS ships. On a low PS ship like the GSP, there is a real risk you will need to spend that Evade token to keep it alive before you get a chance to trigger it when you attack.

True, but on the other hand, who wants to shoot at a pair of GSPs with a Focus, Evade, and AT when there is a fat, juicy whatever else in the list? And if they do, and I have to spend some tokens? It means they're not shooting at the other things in my list, which honestly should be scarier than A-Wings. On top of that, there is a good chance that shot of theirs is gonna go to waste. Ill take that.

Edited by Phelan Boots

Out of all the options I like Juke the best. Juke is excellent on lower PS stuff as it's more likely your target has spent their focus token already, or they may choose not to for defence. Either way it's a win. Also the more ships you have with Juke the better as your opponent only has so many focus tokens (Poe and Luke excluded).

It's true on a low PS ship your evade can be used before you get to shoot, but with 4 Juking ships your opponent is only going to be able to gang up on guy a turn. This leaves you with one guy spending his token to survive, whilst the other three hammer the opponent with Juke.

Edited by CRCL

You could add adaptability. That will make them ps4, great against Uboats. That will also leave you with enough for a bandit for your fifth ship.

Or i guess you could drop the AT's and have 5 with PTL and adaptability. Could be fun but they'd be a little more vulnerable

You could add adaptability. That will make them ps4, great against Uboats. That will also leave you with enough for a bandit for your fifth ship.

Or i guess you could drop the AT's and have 5 with PTL and adaptability. Could be fun but they'd be a little more vulnerable

I believe someone won a tourney with this recently.  Its definitely a good counter to contracted scouts.  You can either run all at PS 4, or have 1 or 2 at PS 2 to use as blockers.

I love A-Wings and I love 4 of them on the table, and while a squad of 5 of them would be most delightful, those 2 red dice don't carry enough of a punch, so I myself would always take something like Outmaneuver or Juke to reduce enemy evades.

After having tons of fun with a 4x PTL/Outmaneuver build, I theorized the following:

3x GSP, PTL, Title, Juke, AT, Chardaan Refit

1x GSP, PTL, Title, Juke, AT, XX-23 S-Thread Tracers

for 99 pts.

The idea is that the single Tracer Carrier provides the Tracer Target Lock early in the engagement on the most opportune target (since all 4 will TL on that ship). After that, you fly your squad like they carry the Outmaneuver EPT, meaning you break formation and work hard to keep out of the enemy's firing arcs and liberally break off with single fighters to re-engage later. Don't be predictable by going straight for the TL'ed ship, the TL is there so you can have it in place when you PTL for Focus & Evade to use Juke in a single attack run.

Love an A wing, glad there are a few of us. I've been toying with the below. Mostly in a squad with two Greens and a pimped out Han. They're good counter points to each other. Crack shot can really force decisions out of your opponent and adaptability just makes them more versatile versus contracted scouts and swarm builds.

Green Squadron

Test pilot

Adaptability

Crackshot

Autothrusters

Slightly linked to this topic if running a PTL Green Squad a-wing with only 22 pts available which would you go for:

Autothrusters and not make use of the second EPT slot (unless using adaptability)

Juke for extra damage output but reduced durability

Or is it just a coin toss?

Slightly linked to this topic if running a PTL Green Squad a-wing with only 22 pts available which would you go for:

Autothrusters and not make use of the second EPT slot (unless using adaptability)

Personally, I would be a bit torn.  At 22 points, you can just take a blue squad b-wing.  PTL + autothrusters is not bad though, since its annoyingly hard to kill (as long as you can keep it from taking multiple shots each turn).

I've been wanting to try this:

(x4) Swarm of: (25 points each)

Green Squadron Pilot (19)

Adrenaline Rush (1)

Cluster Missiles (4)
A-Wing Test Pilot

Guidance Chimps (0)
Crack Shot (1)

Turn 1-2 approach and TL.
Turn 2-3 Close distance/tl or evade.
TUrn 3-4 5-K turn, burn adrenaline rush to make it white, focus (with TL left over from t2-3). Shoot em up from behind with 4x cluster missiles w. crack shot and guidance chips. Spend the rest of the game staying away from slowboats once getting a few big ships down to half points.

Personally, I would be a bit torn.  At 22 points, you can just take a blue squad b-wing.  PTL + autothrusters is not bad though, since its annoyingly hard to kill (as long as you can keep it from taking multiple shots each turn).

I know, to be honest most times I would go the blue squadron route but just fancy trying the a's for a bit of fun