Sign in to follow this  
rich22

Chewie Corran List for upcoming event - C&C Please

Hey everyone.  I put together this list to take to a tournament this weekend.

Chewbacca — YT-1300 42

Luke Skywalker 7

C-3PO 3

Millennium Falcon 1

Ship Total: 53    

Corran Horn — E-Wing 35

Push the Limit 3

R2-D2 4

Engine Upgrade 4

Ship Total: 46

I've heard of Chewie Corran lists before but I haven't found many online or ever played against one.

The general idea is that Corran gets in, does some damage and then zooms off and regens a bit, forcing the enemy to shoot at Chewie who tanks up and spits back some lasers.

What would the inherent weaknesses of this list be?  I also have 1 point left over.  Where do you think it would be best spent?  Are there any changes you would recommend?

I don't have much experience or a lot of expansions yet.  I flew a KKY list at my first SC recently and went 2-2 with it.  I definitely want to get away from the TLT spam and this feels like something I'd enjoy.

Any input is greatly appreciated.  I'm a big fan of this community so far too.

Edited by rich22

I'm new, so feel free to disregard what I have to say, but looking at your list and how you want to play, it seems pretty good to me.  For the missing point, I would recommend taking the "Draw their Fire" elite for the YT-1300.  That fits in with your approach of dancer/tank.  Then again, you might want to keep it under 100 to try and get the initiative.

The other thing I might look to change if it was me is dropping C3PO to utilize the System Upgrade on the E-Wing and Mod on the YT-1300.

Another option is to scale down both ships to add a third ship.

Just throwing out things to consider.  I'm by no means an expert...

Good luck in the tournament!

EDIT: In case you aren't already using it, use the site here to plan out your squadron.  Helps when tinkering around.

Edited by slowreflex

Played a Chewie list last night, with Gunner instead of Luke. Worked pretty well.

My thoughts generally tho on the Falcon, was that I had a lot of points tied into one target. And with all the turrets that are around. He gets worn down pretty quickly.

Did enjoy having it on the table. But am not sure that more ships would do better in the long run

I played chewie the other day as 

Chewie, PTL, Kyle Katarn, Kanan, Title, Engine Upgrade 56

It was a lot of fun to play and it did ok.  I found that I liked having the free focus token almost as much as I like having the follow up shot.  His support was lackluster though so I am going to need to work on that.

In my opinion Corran really benefits from fire control system as this gives him the target lock for his second attack. I'd drop Luke to gunner to get the points for that.

The extra point can either be saved for initiative (there are a lot of PS8 pilots out there) or VI on Chewie. I wouldn't go for draw their fire as you don't really want to fly them both in formation and the odds are Corran will just take the crit on his shields anyway.

The weather was rough so I didn't make it.

I do like the gunner for FCS swap idea.  Just need to get gunner first. :S

I will probably spend the extra point on VI for Chewie.

what I have so far only 97 Pts

Horn

-VI

-R2-D2

-FCS

-hull upgrade

Chewie

-PTL

-Kanan

-Ezra

-title

Now I know a lot of people like EU on horn, but 2 hull ships just don't last very long. Especially know with pilots like Wampa and ordnance making a come back.

Hey everyone.  I put together this list to take to a tournament this weekend.

Chewbacca — YT-1300 42

Luke Skywalker 7

C-3PO 3

Millennium Falcon 1

Ship Total: 53    

Corran Horn — E-Wing 35

Push the Limit 3

R2-D2 4

Engine Upgrade 4

Ship Total: 46

I've heard of Chewie Corran lists before but I haven't found many online or ever played against one.

The general idea is that Corran gets in, does some damage and then zooms off and regens a bit, forcing the enemy to shoot at Chewie who tanks up and spits back some lasers.

What would the inherent weaknesses of this list be?  I also have 1 point left over.  Where do you think it would be best spent?  Are there any changes you would recommend?

I don't have much experience or a lot of expansions yet.  I flew a KKY list at my first SC recently and went 2-2 with it.  I definitely want to get away from the TLT spam and this feels like something I'd enjoy.

Any input is greatly appreciated.  I'm a big fan of this community so far too.

Corran with Adv Sensors + PTL is nasty! Difficult to be blocked, and end with no stress! BR, push to focus, move green to clear stress, It's just awesome. FCS is nice for the double tap but not being blocked and getting that evade + focus is more important I think. Turtle up, take maybe 1 dmg. Then get it back next round, or since you are not stressed and in trouble do a 5 straight and get the F outta there! Or Adv Sensor Focus then do a Kturn with Corran!  Both FCS and AS are great options though, dont pass them up!

I wouldnt waste Chewie's EPT either. With Determination, it can save him a damage each game, not bad. as crits are dealt faceup and chewie flips them facedown.

Corran + Adv Sensors + PTL + R2D2 + Hull Upgrade = 48pts (FCS if you want EU)

Chewie + Determination + Gunner + C3PO + Title = 52pts ( or Crackhot is nice when going up against aces or just want to slip a crit in. Have them waste evade/focus tokens, activate gunner then use crackshot)

Edited by wurms

Uhh... Determination? Chewie already turns them face-down without resolving their ability. Only 1/4 hits are going to be Crits, and only 1/4 of those are going to be Pilot hits - that's a whopping 6% chance that Determination will proc. About once every three games, assuming that Chewie goes down to 0 Hull every game.

When you consider that you're giving up Advanced Sensors and/or Engine Upgrade on Corran, which are useful in almost every TURN (not just every game!), to get a marginal skill that removes a damage every 3 games, I think it's pretty clear that's a bad tradeoff.

Even if you were going to go FCS over Adv Sensors... no, Sensors is just better, especially with PTL and R2-D2. 49 Corran for the win.

I had a different idea for Chewie.

Chewbacca (51)

YT1300 (42), Push The Limit (3), Nien Numb (1), Chopper (0), Title (1), Engine Upgrade (4)

EU is too good on large ships, and with Nien Numb/Chopper there's no chance that he won't be taking 2 actions a turn - letting you TL+Focus against aces, Boost+Evade against swarms, or whatever else is necessary.

Or what about a Kanan VCX-100 wingman for Corran?

Kanan Jarrus (51)

VCX-100 (38), Sensor Jammer (4), Dorsal Turret (3), Rec Spec (3), Rec Spec (3)

TANKY. Sensor Jammer will force them to use Focus to deal damage - if you don't reduce their damage with your own Focus tokens that is. You can use his ability to mess with attacks on Corran Horn too.