Sign in to follow this  
Hexdot

x wing...parts and components non suitable for children under 14...

. I would have thought "most humans did not make it to ten years old before dying" would be common knowledge

Nah, because it plain isn't true.

I was also unaware of the defective cup case with McD, but are you seriously saying most of us need to be informed that hot liquids scald, or naked flames burn. Perhaps hammers should carry a warning sticker that hitting yourself in the face with one may cause damage? 20 yrs ago all this was common sense, which implies a lack of it here and now.

No, I am not. And it also isn't a matter of lack of common sense. It is mainly a matter of legal loopholes.

You misquoted me on the top one, I never said it, I qupted someone else in my post doubting it.

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers"

-William Shakespeare

Probably the most frequently taken out of context quote in all of history.

In the context of the play, what is basically being said is

"If you want to destabilize a country and plunge it into anarchy, the first thing you do is kill all the lawyers"

Ironically this is the same kind of twisting around the obvious intend of a statement, that is to blame for making the notion so popular in the first place.

The scene in question looks in no way more favourable on lawyers than it does on weak beer.

It's the punchline in a series of promises too good to be true and lawyers are the butt of the joke.

Quite a little bit too much. When I was 12 I was delighted mixing flamable liquids in my chemistry lab "recomended ages 10+". I only burned myself four or five times...

On my opinion, a "normal" 12 years old boy will not eat a peg. Perhaps a little too restrictive. But the first time visited the USA I was surprised when I read "Caution - Hot" printed on a ready to take away coffe... Those funny lawyers...

Pretty much everything about this game is a swallow hazard. Especially if you've magnetized your ships, if you swallow two magnets you can pinch your intestines together and die.

I hate coffee and tea, but I was sick and a co-worker instructed me to drink some hot tea. I figured it was just placebo woo woo nonsense but I tried anyways and I burned my tongue. I don't understand what is appealing about drinking boiling liquid, or having to wait a long time for it to cool to a reasonable temperature. Why not just heat it up to the desired temperature right off the bat?

If coffee and tea need to be heated up very hot to get the desired flavors to leech into the water, why not do that ahead of time, let it cool, then heat it up to merely warm?

1stYKrb.gif

Whoa,

That's cool. Imagine being able to pee like that.

Cheers

Baaa

Here's how to do it:

Hook up the speaker to your bladder or **** and tell us if it works.*  :D 

* Robin Graves and FFG are not responcible for any injuries or other mayhem that might ensue.

1stYKrb.gif

Whoa,

That's cool. Imagine being able to pee like that.

Cheers

Baaa

Here's how to do it:

Hook up the speaker to your bladder or **** and tell us if it works.*   :D

* Robin Graves and FFG are not responcible for any injuries or other mayhem that might ensue.

That is NOT something you should have brought to my attention.

I will probably attempt to recreate this at some point.

Yes.

I am THAT stupid.

Cheers

Baaa

Quite a little bit too much. When I was 12 I was delighted mixing flamable liquids in my chemistry lab "recomended ages 10+". I only burned myself four or five times...

On my opinion, a "normal" 12 years old boy will not eat a peg. Perhaps a little too restrictive. But the first time visited the USA I was surprised when I read "Caution - Hot" printed on a ready to take away coffe... Those funny lawyers...

as a note.  "Caution hot" is printed on McDonalds Coffee cups because when it gave an 80 year old woman 3rd degree burns on the bottom half of her body, the tempurature of the coffee in the paper cup that disintergrated (boba fett style) in her had was upwards of 180 degrees, close to boiling. the money she sued for was for pain and suffering, but the court deemed it suitable to add on a sizable amount of money for the surgeris to have skin grafts covered, as well as punative (punishing[ones]) damages. so .... maybe third degree burns is a good enough reason for "Caution hot"

to the above, she did not "spill it on herself" the cup gave out in her hand, causing it to spill in her lap, as it was handed to her.

You might want to study up on this a bit more. She was in the passenger seat of a parked car, placed the foam (not paper) cup between her legs, using her legs to hold/steady the cup of 180-190 degree coffee (dangerously hot) removed the lid and in the process spilled it in her lap causing burns to 16% of her body, 6% of the overall burns were 3rd degree burns.

Im not going to state my opinion about the judgment or the amount actually awarded. I will state this:

The Coffee was too hot

It is stupid to place any hot liquid between ones knees and remove the lid

It created an era of American Corporate Cautionism because companies are scared of getting sued over common sense things like dont iron in the shower or let your child use x-wing minis as teething toys.