Sign in to follow this  
JediAutobot

Rogue One Teaser Tomorrow on Good Morning America

I just want one to be Kyle. That's all I care about.

THe trailer looked pretty good too.

It looks like this Jyn character is taking the place of Kyle. Looking like she's the main protagonist.

She almost looks like an Inquisitor in the last shot.

No Jyn is clearly taking Jan's place. The one guy (Diego Luna) looks really similar to Kyle, and I would be surprised if it wasn't him with his name slightly mangled. (Jan Ors, Jyn Erso? That's not a coincidence)

No what I'm saying is that this is basically Dark Forces, but instead of playing Kyle you are playing Jan.

Looks like a new kind of trooper on top of that Tank-Thing

The same new kind of trooper also walking behind it.

The tank thing has some distinct WorldWar-I style.

We did see an X-Wing in the hangar.

About time we had more X-Wings isn't it?

There's also one crashed in the scene before the Bo-staff man kicks some imperial butt.

Definitely.

And it is same new kind of shuttle/landing craft. You can see it's landing gears, so i'd say no building. Also it lifts partly while exploding from behind.

The female rogue and the male one also look like to have this lanky robot with them, acting as a trio, it seems.

Tropical beach, a new one i SW?

I just hope it's not a tropical beach planet ;)

@dropship/base

I doubt it is a base and I'm sure the wings aren't fixed. I mean, come on, this is Star Wars, the Folding Wing Galaxy :)

It's certainly not too large, I'd say it is more or less the size of the Trade Federation landing crafts. If the wings are indeed folded, unfolded they'd even look similar.

I just want one to be Kyle. That's all I care about.

THe trailer looked pretty good too.

It looks like this Jyn character is taking the place of Kyle. Looking like she's the main protagonist.

She almost looks like an Inquisitor in the last shot.

No Jyn is clearly taking Jan's place. The one guy (Diego Luna) looks really similar to Kyle, and I would be surprised if it wasn't him with his name slightly mangled. (Jan Ors, Jyn Erso? That's not a coincidence)

No what I'm saying is that this is basically Dark Forces, but instead of playing Kyle you are playing Jan.

Well they did say that Diego Luna was the lead man in the cast, so maybe they're just overhyping Jyn's character. Either way, I'd be fine as long as A.) Kyle is in it and B.) He's a Jedi Master in Ep. 8

How epic would it be if the white-uniformed Imperial turns out to be Thrawn with flesh-colored makeup on the whole time... then in the last 5 minutes of the movie he wipes off his makeup and proceeds to wreck faces. 

Nope. That's likely your Thrawn character. He'll probably be Grand Admiral Prawn.

How epic would it be if the white-uniformed Imperial turns out to be Thrawn with flesh-colored makeup on the whole time... then in the last 5 minutes of the movie he wipes off his makeup and proceeds to wreck faces.

Nope. That's likely your Thrawn character. He'll probably be Grand Admiral Prawn.

"We can't keep old names because then it wasn't our original idea," - Disney

:D :D

I hate to rain on all of this EU love, but don't expect any of your "Legends" faves to get canonized in Rouge One. For those hoping, I wish you the best, but let's be ready for some new and awesome characters.

I'm gonna go watch that trailer again, excuse me.

Uhh check your purist priviledge, that girl was clearly Jan Ors (slightly renamed to Jyn Erso)

I can't wait for the fan edit that dubs Jan Ors and Kyle Katarn over every time we hear the new characters names.

I'm still trying to figure out what Kyle's name will be?

Khyle Kata-arn?

Khyle Katern?

I figure they have to keep Kyle or something close, and they will most likely keep the alliteration.

Given this is set in the time of the Empire, I believe I'll enjoy this movie far more than the new trilogy. 

I think so to..... sorry JJ.

A reminder that JJ only worked on the new film.

I know, but he made the first one.

Remember Godzilla had a good trailer too...

Sounds like you've already made your mind up, just like the Anti-JJ crew had already made their mind up about the Force Awakens months before it was released..

Well yeah i've watched his movies before i know how this song and dance routine goes.

And i was spot on about tfa so really that's not a point against me but in my favour.

Thing is, Godzilla had solid action and characters. It was more the fact that it was based on a story trying to make me care about a giant lizard fighting a giant flying lizard that lost me and made me not like the movie. Rogue one on the other hand is trying to make me care about the Rebellion, which I care very much about.

I don't know anyone that didn't hate the wife and kid for constantly pulling the movie away from the action they wanted to see onto characters they cared nothing about.

Having fights happen off screen in a monster movie is not okay, it's why pacific rim is a far superior film because as corny as it is it delivers exactly what people wanted monster fights that were fun.

Monsters was the same the characters he focused on were uninteresting and the thing I wanted to see was never delivered.

I've had no emotional connection to any of the characters in his movies, having seen Godzilla i couldn't tell you a single characters name they are so completely unmemorable.

By contrast i can name all the people from the force woke up late because the alarm didn't go off.

I thought that too... and pictured this.

captain-america-red-skull.jpg

I hated Pacific Rim (and I love big stomping robots). The "fights" were awkward and silly, like those old live action Japanese series (Jaspion, Changeman...)

Godzilla was not a great movie (about a Giant Lizard, how could it be?), but at least it had MOOD. Comparing to horror films, some people prefer explicit gore instead of well built up suspense. I don't.

The director will do fine in this movie. Star Wars meets Private Ryan? What can go wrong? If I liked so much that ANH Redux (TFA), I know I will love this one.

PS: I only wished the main characters were Jan and Kyle... oh Disney... :(