Sign in to follow this  
JediAutobot

Rogue One Teaser Tomorrow on Good Morning America

Seems remodelling AT-ATs all the time is now a thing.

WHY! THE ORIGINALS WERE PERFECT!!!

Although they looked cool, the original AT-ATs were terribly designed. A combat walker that can only shoot forwards in a 90 degree cone up and down? It has massive, crippling blind spots. The only saving grace is the thick armour, and if the Rebels on Hoth had had working X-Wings for atmospheric combat they would have been annihilated before even getting in range of the trenches.

I personally hate all the "You have to have new versions of everything, all the time" that goes on with droids, troopers, and fighters. But even I will admit that adding a 360 degree turret to the top or bottom of the AT-AT would be an entirely logical step forward.

Hyped.

Not a lot of space combat tho.

To be fair, it's a 60 second trailer, they can't put *everything* in! Although I admit I hoped it was going to be more X-Wing squadron-based than this looks like it is. Some kind of non-homo-erotic Top Gun thing with Wedge, Janson and Hobbie at least cameo-ing, if not as main characters. Looks like they've gone more Wraith squadron with it than Rogue from that trailer.

Remember Godzilla had a good trailer too...

Sounds like you've already made your mind up, just like the Anti-JJ crew had already made their mind up about the Force Awakens months before it was released..

Well yeah i've watched his movies before i know how this song and dance routine goes.

And i was spot on about tfa so really that's not a point against me but in my favour.

Her name sounded so much like Jan Ors (it's Gin Ursa btw)

- State your name, for the record.

- Jan Ors, sir.

Or am I hearing wrong?

I hear Gin or Jin or Xhin or however exotic they want to make it

I'd love it if at the end of the movie...the main characters names are revealed as Jan and Kyle umm.. okay Jyn and Khyle.  They certainly look the part

Edited by SnowWulf

Looks like a new kind of trooper on top of that Tank-Thing

The same new kind of trooper also walking behind it.

The tank thing has some distinct WorldWar-I style.

We did see an X-Wing in the hangar.

About time we had more X-Wings isn't it?

There's also one crashed in the scene before the Bo-staff man kicks some imperial butt.

Definitely.

And it is same new kind of shuttle/landing craft. You can see it's landing gears, so i'd say no building. Also it lifts partly while exploding from behind.

The female rogue and the male one also look like to have this lanky robot with them, acting as a trio, it seems.

Tropical beach, a new one i SW?

That big ship being destroyed looks like an AT-AT drop ship. Those "wings" look fixed upward with a flat bed for them to stand on. It's also the same tropical environment as we see the actual AT-ATs.

I kind of feel like it looks like a dropped temporary base - it looks a bit big for a regular ship, aI wonder whether it's the Imperial equivalent of a temporary forward command post or whatever.

Remember Godzilla had a good trailer too...

Sounds like you've already made your mind up, just like the Anti-JJ crew had already made their mind up about the Force Awakens months before it was released..

Well yeah i've watched his movies before i know how this song and dance routine goes.

And i was spot on about tfa so really that's not a point against me but in my favour.

Thing is, Godzilla had solid action and characters. It was more the fact that it was based on a story trying to make me care about a giant lizard fighting a giant flying lizard that lost me and made me not like the movie. Rogue one on the other hand is trying to make me care about the Rebellion, which I care very much about.

Edited by CheapCreep

I just want one to be Kyle. That's all I care about.

THe trailer looked pretty good too.

It looks like this Jyn character is taking the place of Kyle. Looking like she's the main protagonist.

She almost looks like an Inquisitor in the last shot.

That big ship being destroyed looks like an AT-AT drop ship. Those "wings" look fixed upward with a flat bed for them to stand on. It's also the same tropical environment as we see the actual AT-ATs.

I kind of feel like it looks like a dropped temporary base - it looks a bit big for a regular ship, aI wonder whether it's the Imperial equivalent of a temporary forward command post or whatever.

Yeah in old canon the Empire had prefabricated garrison drops, but I don't want to translate that to Disney canon just yet. I used "ship" loosely, but it looks like a portable staging area.

I just want one to be Kyle. That's all I care about.

THe trailer looked pretty good too.

It looks like this Jyn character is taking the place of Kyle. Looking like she's the main protagonist.

She almost looks like an Inquisitor in the last shot.

No Jyn is clearly taking Jan's place. The one guy (Diego Luna) looks really similar to Kyle, and I would be surprised if it wasn't him with his name slightly mangled. (Jan Ors, Jyn Erso? That's not a coincidence)