Sign in to follow this  
HyddHwk

Dengar/Thornbot vs TLT/Cluster Missles: FAQ

Alight so the wording on TLT and Cluster Missiles says perform this attack twice.  Do I have a window to activate Dengar and/or Thornbot after the first attack?  If so, will this kill the opponent before they finish their attack? I am scouring the forums because this did not come up in the most recent FAQ.

Alight so the wording on TLT and Cluster Missiles says perform this attack twice.  Do I have a window to activate Dengar and/or Thornbot after the first attack?  If so, will this kill the opponent before they finish their attack? I am scouring the forums because this did not come up in the most recent FAQ.

The precedent in the FAQ lies with Darth Vader crew's interaction with Cluster Missiles - if Vader kills the ship he's on in between CM shots, the second CM shot still fires.  So by that precedent, if Dengar or gunbot kills a TLT or CM firer between shots, the second shot still goes off.

It's less clear what happens if the kill is between the primary and turret shots of a BTL y wing.

Still soem FAQ or clarification needed on this I think.

Destroyed ships are removed at the end of that PS level.  So, it would get to finish it's shot.  

This is not accurate.  Ships are removed as soon as they're destroyed unless they are kept in play by the Simultaneous Attack Rule (i.e. they're destroyed by a pilot of the same skill, but who has the initiative so they've not had an opportunity to attack yet), which would not be the case here as the destroyed ship in question would be currently having its opportunity to attack.

Edited by thespaceinvader

The precedent in the FAQ lies with Darth Vader crew's interaction with Cluster Missiles - if Vader kills the ship he's on in between CM shots, the second CM shot still fires.  So by that precedent, if Dengar or gunbot kills a TLT or CM firer between shots, the second shot still goes off.

It's less clear what happens if the kill is between the primary and turret shots of a BTL y wing.

Still soem FAQ or clarification needed on this I think.

Destroyed ships are removed at the end of that PS level.  So, it would get to finish it's shot.  

This is not accurate.  Ships are removed as soon as they're destroyed unless they are kept in play by the Simultaneous Attack Rule (i.e. they're destroyed by a pilot of the same skill, but who has the initiative so they've not had an opportunity to attack yet), which would not be the case here as the destroyed ship in question would be currently having its opportunity to attack.

Thank you so much! I appreciate answering my question so quickly and accurately.