Sign in to follow this  
mordheim

Need for a WFRP3 fansite?

Hammerzeit! Just hits the mark!

I'll probably contribute, as I have a passable skill in Photoshop and know how to produce good quality custom cards (been doing this for a few CCGs I've played). Just don't count on any adventures or articles from me, certainly not with my English :)

Another vote for Hammerzeit!  Has the WFRP feel and humor.  It will go on my toolbar as soon as you get it up.  I also agree that focusing on fan material for 3E (and not previous editions) is the way to go.  No stepping on existing site's toes.

John

I believe as long as you have the proper disclaimers (the WFRP one is on GW's site for example) then you should be ok.  I do not know what the official word is on using artwork from Warhammer or WFRP, I imagine as long as there is copyright information you should be fine, but I would definitely think about these things in light of the recent crack-down.

I think it would be best if FFG gave us clear guidelines of "can do" and "no can do", especially since any fan-produced cards or such (even done in StrangeEons, which has been used for years to make custom Arkham Horror content) would probably use their layouts and therefore qualify for a C&D notice. Since FFG doesn't seem to care about suing people who make custom AH investigators and stuff, I don't see how this would be different to them - except that we would need their approval (perhaps in form of a disclaimer or something) to avoid GW lawyers screwing around with the site.

Eins zwei drei! Hammerzeit! Marvelous.

Looking good. I like the simple and clear look.

I would advice to add the disclaimer asap. As said I've done some work with Joomla! so if there's any assistance you need, sign me up. I've absolutely nothing to do. Well except the character sheet and my village project that has been in hiatus for far too long.

doc_cthulhu said:

Eins zwei drei! Hammerzeit! Marvelous.

Looking good. I like the simple and clear look.

I would advice to add the disclaimer asap. As said I've done some work with Joomla! so if there's any assistance you need, sign me up. I've absolutely nothing to do. Well except the character sheet and my village project that has been in hiatus for far too long.

Good call!

I have added the disclaimer. Will also add a gamer network component and a module so that people can submit stuff.

How do you register for the site?  I see a login area, but when I enter info, it takes me to a page that says "Join now, it's free!", but when I click that button, I get an error.  Also, it looks great.

John

johnmarron said:

How do you register for the site?  I see a login area, but when I enter info, it takes me to a page that says "Join now, it's free!", but when I click that button, I get an error.  Also, it looks great.

John

It is still a work in progress. More a concept than a real site. But I will open the site to members. Just don't expect too much yet :)

johnmarron said:

No problem, just looking forward to seeing what you do with the site.

John

Well, it is getting there. But now the site needs some content. Anything that I can add to the site?

And what kind of "extra's" do you want on the site? Uploading Youtube videos? Event Organizer?

I would suggest:

1) social site (picture uploads, event organizer, player finder, etc)

2) player created adventuers

3) player created utilities/fonts/etc.

4) player artwork/stories

5) link to strange eons (might get us a plugin faster)

6) link to warhammer history (lexicanum is a decent site)

7) link to maps (winds of chaos has some nice maps)

8) discussion forums

9) product reviews

10) player conversions/careers/etc.

I agree to most of the ideas presented by Zug if they're easy to find and use. It frustrating to have a boat-load of option that you can't find and that make the page work slower. My "most needed list" would be:

1) Download-section (already there)

2) User galleries (for fan art)

3) Links to useful site (maybe not as many as at Jackadays' at KalevalaHammer - maybe even a rating system so that most liked would be quicker to click?)

4) Social site as Zug said

I'm not sure about the forum as there are this forum and StS already. But then again I believe it's not really trouble to add (or is it?) so what the heck. Why not?

Also - I already signed in and my User Menu links are white even with the white theme. 

doc_cthulhu said:

Also - I already signed in and my User Menu links are white even with the white theme. 

That is weird. I have tested the site with IE7, FF and Chrome and the links are grey. Do you use one of those ancient browsers?

I have linked to this forum and the StS forum for the moment. These are two excellent forums and I'm not sure we need a third one (or fourth one if you count RPG.net).

The site is getting there. I will add some dummy content so don't be surprised if you see your stuff on the site.

Dark Reign said:

doc_cthulhu said:

That is weird. I have tested the site with IE7, FF and Chrome and the links are grey. Do you use one of those ancient browsers?

I have linked to this forum and the StS forum for the moment. These are two excellent forums and I'm not sure we need a third one (or fourth one if you count RPG.net).

The site is getting there. I will add some dummy content so don't be surprised if you see your stuff on the site.

Let's make the old "try everything"-trick with browsers (I've four up and running on my Mac as I need to do this quite often...happy.gif).

Safari - White background, white letters, highlight in light grey

Flock - Works fine

Firefox - Works fine

Opera - Works fine

I think this is an old case of "empty your catch" as I played around with the theme yesterday when the options to change the look where still there.

Also - in user menu the "Edit your details"-button should (imo) take you to the Community - Profile page.

About the forum - I think that if you contact Server Goddess at StS she might be willing to sticky a topic for Hammerzeit. Or even give it an own board. It might be useful to discuss about the stuff on Hammerzeit. Also - if there'll be a game organization possibility there might be a need for "groups" with own discussion possibility. As this kind of page would be great to start some international over-the-web games.

Just joined the Hammerzeit site.

For some reason though, the Username and Password fields can't be selected.  I click on the field, but nothing happens.  The cursor does not appear in the field and I can not enter text.   sad.gif

It could be the browser I'm using (Explorer V6 I think), as other people here don't seem to have any issues.  Or maybe some people do have issues but not raised it here.

*Edit*   I'm an idiot - went to a different part of the site and logged on no trouble... partido_risa.gif

Problem solved.

Let me know what you think of the site. What needs changing? What do we need to add to the site or remove from it? How can we make it better?

The site is for and by the WFRP3 community so let's make it the best WFRP3 (and maybe WFRP) site on the net :)