Sign in to follow this  
mordheim

Need for a WFRP3 fansite?

Is there a need for a fansite? At the moment fancreated stuff is scattered all over the internet (three or four different forums) and it is difficult to keep track of everything.

I'm the admin of the Dark Heresy fansite Dark Reign and I could set up a dedicated WFRP3 fansite in a couple of weeks. But only if there is any demand and support for in the WFRP3 community.

I wouldn't mind a nice fan site. You can count me in. There's only a couple I visit. I think it could support another easily.

How about a link to your DH site?

Edit: Oh, nm - I found it - very nice.

Dark Reign

I'd be happy to add another site to my rounds, especially if it's tightly focused on nWFRP. There's quite a high signal-to-noise ratio at the moment given the (admittedly legit) gripes some of the grognards have with the new system. A mostly positive site would be welcome.  :)

I currently do most of my surfing here, on RPGnet and Strike-to-Stun. I see a lot of the locals on those other sites as well. Are there any others I should be aware of?

NezziR said:

Foolishboy said:

Please do make a fansite, I feel it could be very benificial to the WFRPv3 community.happy.gif

Haha - I had to read this twice sorpresa.gif

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Hopefully you'll avoid the C&D letters GW has been flooding people's mailboxes with.  Today's GW smells a lot like 1980's T$R.  The latest is that they're threatening to not publish Blood Bowl 6th edition if there's even a rumor that someone else is producing miniatures which mention Blood Bowl in their ads.  A 'we are taking our ball and going home' tantrum on GW's part.

Fansites are cool, if they're done right. I don't know if I'll visit there much, as I'm pretty satisfied by FFG's site. But if your fansite's so good that's it's the place to go for WFRP3, then yeah, I'll stop by. My forum/online community presence isn't what it used to be.

The Cometh Cometh?

Two-tailed Cometh?

As it seems that the 3rd edition resolves around "end times" and the twin-tailed cometh is seen on the sky

And as it always has to be brought up, how about... hammertime!

Good name would be www.warhammer-rpg.com

I was going to setup a website last year for WFRP2 but never got round to it.  I have also got a hosting package which we maybe able to use.

GhostBlue said:

Good name would be www.warhammer-rpg.com

I was going to setup a website last year for WFRP2 but never got round to it.  I have also got a hosting package which we maybe able to use.

I have a hosting account at Site5 and the domain name www.wfrp3.com. But I think WFRP3 is not a good name for a site.

I like Hammertime :)

If you want to help with building the site than you are more than welcome. I'm going to build the site in Joomla.

If you would use Drupal instead of Joomla I could be of some assistance. Drupal just wouldn't open to me though I managed to learn the basics. As I'm currently unemployed whip me up if you need help.

That is WHEN you decide to go with Hammertime. ;)

doc_cthulhu said:

If you would use Drupal instead of Joomla I could be of some assistance. Drupal just wouldn't open to me though I managed to learn the basics. As I'm currently unemployed whip me up if you need help.

That is WHEN you decide to go with Hammertime. ;)

Joomla has a less steep learning curve then Drupal. Both systems are great but as I'm more familiar with Joomla I will use that CMS.

How "social" does a WFRP3 fansite need to be? Does it need to have something like a gamer network where you can 'befriend' other gamers? Does it need to have its own forum or shall I just link to this forum and the one on Strike to Stun?

Does anybody have art that we can use for the header of the site?

Yea Hammertime sounds good.. I checked out your website and you should be able to copy that and rehash it for Warhammer and have up and running quite quickly!!!  If there is anything you need help on give mail me.  john.brindle@itscreative.co.uk

I've only messed about with Joomla but it is perfect for this type of website!!

John

GhostBlue said:

I think if we could setup the website with all version of WFRP available to try and get the feel of a full Warhammer community.

I'm somewhat along with this though I think that StS is doing a great job on it as it is. I'm not sure if another forum would do any good and be-friending options are a load of Ballistic Skill by my view. As with almost everything else, keeping it simple should be the best way to go.