Sign in to follow this  
Admiral Deathrain

Ghost kill markings

Couple episodes later, the one with Princess Leia, you see the Other Side of the cockpit, and it appears to have a different amount of kill markers on that side!

I need to go pause a few more scenes and see if they have any markers on the two turrets or the Phantom.

(And, speaking of the Phantom, why isn't Chopper a Pilot for it?  So for, he's flown it more than the Ghost.  And, why doesn't the Phantom have an astromech slot in the game?)

Vader's Tie Advanced must be covered in Phoenix Squad kill markings. Probably even painting them underneath where you can't see them anymore, like inside the cockpit.

That's what initiated the change to a bigger design from the TAP to the final TIE Advanced. He needed more room for kill markings.

Thats the reason Wedge's ground crew began to paint markings for whole squadrons ^^

Edit: And at least one marking for an entire fighter wing (144 fighters) he had downed.

Erich 'Bubi' Hartman had enough confirmed victories to get two of those fighter wing markings. So it actually is even realistic for those rogue squadron, 501st and 181st aces to achieve those numbers. 

352 (345 Russian and 7 American) confirmed kills, all in various marks of the Bf-109.

Edited by T70 Driver

Couple episodes later, the one with Princess Leia, you see the Other Side of the cockpit, and it appears to have a different amount of kill markers on that side!

I need to go pause a few more scenes and see if they have any markers on the two turrets or the Phantom.

(And, speaking of the Phantom, why isn't Chopper a Pilot for it?  So for, he's flown it more than the Ghost.  And, why doesn't the Phantom have an astromech slot in the game?)

They had enough pilots for the Phantom but not enough for the Ghost. The astromech slot was added in season 2, to late for FFG to react.

They had enough pilots for the Phantom but not enough for the Ghost. The astromech slot was added in season 2, to late for FFG to react.

Or for balance issues. Imagine Sabine with BB8 + PTL.

Or for balance issues. Imagine Sabine with BB8 + PTL.

I think Ezra with tlt, tactician and stressbot would be fun ;)

"Sweet Jesus...." to both combos....

Vader's Tie Advanced must be covered in Phoenix Squad kill markings. Probably even painting them underneath where you can't see them anymore, like inside the cockpit.

In the X wing books, they started color coding Wedge's kill marks.  I want to say black = a single ship, red = a full squadron (12), and green = a squadron of squadrons (144).  Of course, none of that matters next to the two black circles representing the two death stars Wedge at least assisted in destroying.

If I recall correctly, they only let him paint half circles for the Death Stars, but yeah.

Also, Vader's TIE doesn't have solar panels.  The wings are just black with fighter kill marks.

In the X wing books, they started color coding Wedge's kill marks.  I want to say black = a single ship, red = a full squadron (12), and green = a squadron of squadrons (144).  Of course, none of that matters next to the two black circles representing the two death stars Wedge at least assisted in destroying.

If I recall correctly, they only let him paint half circles for the Death Stars, but yeah.

Also, Vader's TIE doesn't have solar panels.  The wings are just black with fighter kill marks.

At work so I don't have my copy, but if IRC in the 1st Rogue squadron book it meations circles for the death stars (same place where the tech said he did red for full squadron of 12).  I could be wrong.  I thought all survivors of Yavin (all 3 of them) got to paint a full one.  I could be wrong thought.

Edited by Salted Diamond

I wondered the same thing. I would have enjoyed Sabine or Zeb as pilots on the Ghost over the Phantom.