Sign in to follow this  
joliversc

Tractor Beams. (Likely already answered)

Normally you cannot barrel roll or boost onto an obstacle or off the play area.

With tractor beams now allowing you to be placed on an obstacle, can you be shoved off the play area? If not why?

I know you can be maneuvered so you have no option aside from leaving the play area on the following round.

With tractor beams now allowing you to be placed on an obstacle, can you be shoved off the play area? If not why?

Because the core rules state that you cannot boost or barrel roll off the board. Tractor Beam does not override that rule, therefore you can't send someone off the table with it.

You can however position them so they've no choice but to fly off next turn if you want.

This is known as a "It's perfectly legal but you should still feel bad" manoeuvre.... ;)

But it first requires the opponent perform the "I know there's a Tractor Beam in play, yet I will be an idiot and approach the edge of the map anyway" maneuver. ;)

You can however position them so they've no choice but to fly off next turn if you want.

This is known as a "It's perfectly legal but you should still feel bad" manoeuvre.... ;)

Which should not be mixed with the "It's perfectly legal, but if you're going to feel bad then might as well make it hilarious" move, which consists of hitting your opponent with an ion cannon first and then using tractor beam to push them further towards the board edge.

I'm a scum player these days, so I'm good at feeling bad :P

Which should not be mixed with the "It's perfectly legal, but if you're going to feel bad then might as well make it hilarious" move, which consists of hitting your opponent with an ion cannon first and then using tractor beam to push them further towards the board edge.

You're a monster.

I can only hope you also have tactician and are at range 2 so you also stress them out lol

very true. I did this to soontier very early in the game. Had a chance to do it to jax the next turn but i decided to play nice. Lost the game because of it but i wouldn't change it.