Sign in to follow this  
ParaGoomba Slayer

Latts Razzi, Gunner, Bossk crew, Weapons Engineer, Glitterstim, Countermeasures & 2x Syndicate Thug with TLT and R4 Agromech

I optimized a Hound's Tooth and 2 TLT list for a player that flies TLT's in every list and hates Autothrusters, especially Soontir. People who joined the game during wave 7 lol.

Anyways you use Latts as anti-Acewing. Fire, miss, focus and 2 target locks (on two different ships). Miss the second shot and you get your target lock back on that ship if you've spent it. Now you can lose that TL to drop agility for the TLT's which have R4 Agro for super action economy.

Countermeasures and Glitterstim are there because engine at PS 5 is meh, and CM and Glitterstim should provide you some durability, and CM also screws over Omega Leader and ATC Vader.

If expecting U-Boats, you could also go with 2x Hired Gun each with Guidance Chips, Proton Torpedoes, and Extra Munitions. Or just 2x Hired Gun with TLT.

Or a 52 point Brobot. He doesn't have an Aggressor but it would be a solid option.

Thoughts? I told him to start off in a fortress until an opponent committed to a direction and break out of the fortress at the right moment. He could also use his own Y-Wings to intentionally bump Latts so that he stays back and gets 'freebie' Inertial Dampeners.

I too hate Soontir (although not because I exclusively fly turrets) and he seemed very salty so I figured I'd optimize his list. Anything to put a stop to Soontir lol.

Kudos to a friend for the gunner Bossk Weapons Engineer thing, that's some sweet synergy especially with Latts.

Edited by ParaGoomba Slayer

I really love Latts.  I've used him quite a bit lately, because I too hate auto thrusters.  They were the one thing that confounded me to 2 5th place SC finishes.

This is probably standard advice but I think you would benefit from EU more the counter measures.

My next use with Latts will be

K4

Dengar

4-lom

Glitterstim

EU

I tried 2 YVs without EU and a G1 in our last causal 3 round tourny and went 1-2.  However I did get to live the dream and send the emperor out the airlock and tractor beamed Soontir on a rock.  But overall once I was outmaneuvered I was done for.

Glitterstim and Countermeasures at the same time should make you quite survivable, especially at range 3. You need that against triple U-Boat for example.

Engine Upgrade at PS 5 doesn't really do much. Since you're running Bossk you'll constantly be stressed and either unable to boost or unwilling to do a green to boost. The thing about this loadout is that you're completely action independent.

First engagement you pop CM and Glitterstim after taking a double TL action. You spend your TP to reduce agility until you punch through. Gunner and Bossk allows that again. Then you rain TLT shots on it, one of which can spend Latt's TL to reduce agility and can also do R4 Agromech hyper action economy shenanigans.

Bossk/Gunner/Weapons Engineer is a nasty combo, spawning all the locks Latts needs. I love the fact that for all the tokens involved, it's action independent and works through the '666s huge forward arc.

one suggestion - Glitterstim/Countermeasures is surprisingly good but still not amazing on an agility one ship (its jaw-dropping on scum boba fett, albeit at the cost of engine upgrade)

Latts is the best pilot (I think) for the hounds tooth - which rather than an extra dice and focus for a turn gives you a 'second life' wher you can still paint TLT targets.

If you wanted to save points elsewhere, dropping to overclocked R4s gives much the same effect if you're happy to fly the TLTs straight and level, though Im not sure what else I'd buy with it. Advanced Homing Missile and Boba Fett, maybe?

Yeah, I see where you're coming from, ParaGoombaSlayer, but Engine isn't just for dodging arcs. With an extra wide firing range, Engine Upgrade is especially helpful for bringing you back in the fight.

That said, I love seeing Countermeasures out there, and if you pull off a fortress, than you might not be out of the fight that soon. The only problem is that you NEED to make sure that they've committed to Latts when you spend those Countermeasures, because if they have the option of choosing the Y-wings as targets in the combat phase in which you use Countermeasures, then they'll wait until you're an easier target.

Yeah, I see where you're coming from, ParaGoombaSlayer, but Engine isn't just for dodging arcs. With an extra wide firing range, Engine Upgrade is especially helpful for bringing you back in the fight.

That said, I love seeing Countermeasures out there, and if you pull off a fortress, than you might not be out of the fight that soon. The only problem is that you NEED to make sure that they've committed to Latts when you spend those Countermeasures, because if they have the option of choosing the Y-wings as targets in the combat phase in which you use Countermeasures, then they'll wait until you're an easier target.

Once Soontir gets behind you, engine upgrade isn't going to help much.

CM and Glitterstim is there for U-Boats and making it harder for Palp Aces to burn you down. Engine Upgrade helps with turning around but I feel that you could engineer a joust to happen that allowed you a good 2-3 shots on something.

He'd have to be careful when he pops CM and GS that way his opponent doesn't just kill a Y-Wing like you said, but I don't think that's a huge downside of the list. If I was flying it I'd almost go with ordnance Hired Guns but R4 Agro on TLT is nuts. You can still get away with running PS 2 Y's in my area, decent amount of U-Boats but not as common as Palp Aces yet.

a buddy of mine flies

Latts-k4-weapons engineer-feedback-tractor beam

thug-unhinged-TLT

Kavil-R4-TLT-VI

Kavil is the best ace hunter Scum has. to pair him with Latts is nasty. also you can bump or be on a rock and K4 still procs. bumping is nice because the ability procs and you can feedback. also picking a nice tractor beam shot sets up the thug's TLT nicely

I've used this Latts build

Latts Razzi — YV-666 33

Bossk 2

K4 Security Droid 3

Gunner 5

Inertial Dampeners 1

Engine Upgrade 4

Ship Total: 48

My reasoning was how to get her some modifiers for herself and still be able to reduce agility for a squad mate. Everyone is talking about weapons engineer but my issue with that is my fire won't be focused. So pair Latts with a higher ps, I've tried morallo with limited success. Green for free target lock, focus or boost depending on situation. On the higher ps attack use Latts to reduce agility. When it's Latts turn unless she rolls great she likely misses, especially against high agility ships. Bossk will trigger thus granting Latts full modifiers for a gunner attack. Next move will be green to clear stress and trigger everything again. The inertial dampeners are almost a must I've found. There were numerous times I wanted to stay put and couldn't due to bossk stress, so it's there for emergency use only. It can be unexpected, and next move green to gain the target lock again