Sign in to follow this  
danpoage

The Game is Dying

#4 makes perfect sense to me

"The Game’s Popularity Only Grows

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game remains one of FFG’s best-selling products. From its inception the game has been a near-constant presence on the Board Game Geek The Hotness list. Our local Austin LotR group has been growing again and has been going strong for years. I and other blog-writers in the community continue to receive correspondence from new players who have found the game, and love it just as we do. Still, this is all a sure sign that FFG will discontinue the game at any minute. It’s the only logical thing for them to do with such a popular game."

Edited by Rajam

Also, clearly the main problem is that people is asking for a Tauriel hero and FFG can't release it due to copyright stuff. The constant complaints of the community for this card have only made FFG super upset and so they've decided to discontinue and burn everything

This was funny. I feel like every collectible game I've ever played, there are those in the player community who are convinced the company running it is terrible, doesn't care about the product, or is just about to close up shop on the game, so this did a great job of that. The level of snark here is superb.

Another last reason: Thread 'Creative Artwork Cards' from FFg exhausted all the possible ideas. ^^

Not quite. I still haven't seen a fan card attachment that makes Dori effective :P.

Dori's Greatness

Tactics Attachment

0 cost

Attach to Dori. Dori gets +4 Defense.

Response: After Dori exhausts, ready Dori.

Another last reason: Thread 'Creative Artwork Cards' from FFg exhausted all the possible ideas. ^^

Not quite. I still haven't seen a fan card attachment that makes Dori effective :P.

Unexpected Valor (1 tactics) -- Attach to a hero.  When the attached hero exhausts not to quest, defend, or attack, exhaust Unexpected Valor to ready him.  [i posted this in the "Cards we'd like to see" thread originally.]

Unexpected Common Cause (1 tactics) -- Attach to a hero.  When the attached hero exhausts not to quest, defend, or attack, exhaust Unexpected Common Cause to ready a different hero.

Unexpected Rising (1 tactics) -- Attach to a hero.  If the hero defends without taking damage, exhaust Mardil's rising to ready the hero.

Spear of Retribution (2 tactics) -- Weapon.  Restricted.  Attach to a hero.  If the hero defends without taking damage, exhaust Spear of Retribution to do damage to the attacker equal to the hero's attack.

None of these are  only useful for Dori or even most useful with Dori, but any of them could make Dori's effect worth his exhaustion.  (The last two would go on the hero Dori would buff, of course.)