Sign in to follow this  
Sam Tomahawk

I wanna fight about Star Wars

Please, somebody, say something controversial here. Take a stance. Tell the world you love the prequels. Extoll the virtues of Abrams directing chops. Announce you want to have Mara Jade's babies. ANYTHING.

Its politics season here in the US, and I'm so tired of arguing about the issues.

I wanna talk about something that, at the end of the day, doesn't effect anything at all. Where, regardless of the sides, its just a hobby and there's no hard feelings in the end. Disagree about fiction.

So **** tired. I just need a distraction.

(I was intentionally vague, I have no interest in discussing anything political here)

Edited by Sam Tomahawk

OK how about…… the Reinforcements command card is the best command card in the game.

The fact that it lets you put a 2-3 point figure into play that your opponent never gets any victory points for and actually makes getting victory points for a pre-existing unit harder.

That Figure also will also roll 4-5 damage every time it attack and help others to do the same.

Or the fact that unlike many other command cards, you can play 2 of them in your command deck meaning that you should have typically statistically drawn at least 1 by the time you draw cards for turn 3.

Is that enough controversial text for you?

i actually, and i do mean legitimately like the prequel movies. 

while i do find jar jar annoying, i do a super good voice impression of him that's pretty spot on.. i use it to annoy my wife and my buddy that's super nerd about star wars because it pisses him off to hear me talk like jar jar

You asked for it

So... I was on a long trip the other day and was thinking about trolls and the difference between being a deliberate troll and actually trying to contribute but being really bad at communicating, and I was thinking "well, someone who was trying would come across like this....., but someone who actually just wanted to provoke a reaction would do.... and then I spent a couple seconds and thought of the most horrific thing one could post on this board.

and then I though, heh, that is actually really funny, in a sick twisted way, I think I'll share it.

This is what I came up with.

Be warned, I fully expect to get death threats over this

are you sure? You can't unread something.

OK

Jar Jar Binks doing Shakespeare

"To be-sa or not to be-sa. That-sa is the question."

"Alas poor Yoric, he-sa was me-a pal-o"

"Me-sa thinkin', she protestin' mu-y lots"

"Et Tu-sa Brute? You was-a me-a pal-o"

"Hark-en, what-sa that light in yonder window break-in"

(thanks guys :) )

Seriously, I thought reinforcements was a **** good card anyway. Isn't that the equivalent of being able to bring (with two copies) 56 points if dudes into a 50 point game? How broken is *that?

For the want of a nail, amiright? How many times at the end of the game do you think, "I could have rocked this guy if I just had one more **** Stormtrooper!"

Also SWEET JEEBUS, Forgottenlore, that's friggin awesome. I want to redo an entire **** play like that, and PERFORM IT IN PUBLIC!

Edited by Sam Tomahawk

I like the prequels very much actually. They do one thing correctly - go away from the one-man-army-savior-of-the-galaxy style (which is a bit silly to me to be honest) and concentrate more on the emotions, which is good, because it helps people understand the drastic change from a sweet baby boy in Anakin into a murderous psychopath assassin in Vader. They of course got different style than the original trilogy but not to the extent that it's a totally different experience, they still got the Star Wars vibe. What's not to like, even Jar Jar is alright considering that you've got gazillion of different races in the universe (vide Mos Eisley cantina). Is it so hard to believe that not every single one of them is intelligent? :)

Anyway I like them, just as I like around 100 SW books that I've read during the years. Just be open minded and you'll accept and enjoy more things in life :)

You asked for it

So... I was on a long trip the other day and was thinking about trolls and the difference between being a deliberate troll and actually trying to contribute but being really bad at communicating, and I was thinking "well, someone who was trying would come across like this....., but someone who actually just wanted to provoke a reaction would do.... and then I spent a couple seconds and thought of the most horrific thing one could post on this board.

and then I though, heh, that is actually really funny, in a sick twisted way, I think I'll share it.

OK

"I hate you!" Anakin Skywalker

I pissed off a person on facebook because I didn't like jar jar. So he blocked me because I said to the person they were acting like a child. So the person stomped away like a child. LOL I like both star wars and star trek.

I pissed off a person on facebook because I didn't like jar jar. So he blocked me because I said to the person they were acting like a child. So the person stomped away like a child. LOL I like both star wars and star trek.

Star Trek is the worst. Get outta here you filthy Trekkie! You can't be a true Star Wars fan and also like Star Trek.

Fight about that!

But seriously, I enjoy Star Trek as well. Not nearly as much as Star Wars, but it certainly has it's place. Generally I prefer the shows over the movies, but a couple of the movies are really good.

I remember watching Star Trek (2009) with a friend of mine who is a huge Trekkie, but he appreciates Star Wars (the opposite of me). When we came out of the theater I said to him, "J.J. Abrams sure made a good Star Wars movie". He couldn't deny it.

You asked for it

OK

"I hate you!" Anakin Skywalker

Don't you mean,

"Me-sa hatin' you-sa!" ??

Star Trek is the worst. Get outta here you filthy Trekkie! You can't be a true Star Wars fan and also like Star Trek.

Fight about that!

But seriously, I enjoy Star Trek as well. Not nearly as much as Star Wars, but it certainly has it's place. Generally I prefer the shows over the movies, but a couple of the movies are really good.

I remember watching Star Trek (2009) with a friend of mine who is a huge Trekkie, but he appreciates Star Wars (the opposite of me). When we came out of the theater I said to him, "J.J. Abrams sure made a good Star Wars movie". He couldn't deny it.

That's what the guy said to me on facebook because I was dressed in my star trek outfit on facebook. Someday I will make one for star wars. I just didn't feed into his trying to start a fight on a facebook forum. So he took his virtual bat and ball and went home. LOL

Episode 3 was better than episode 4.

Episode 3 did a great job of showing the internal conflict that Anakin had and the deceptive nature of the dark side.  It paved the way perfectly for the struggle that Luke would go through in Episode 6.  Episode 4 was a corn-fest of monumental proportions.

The dialogue between Hayden Christiansen and Natalie Portman creates the most poignant love story in cinematic history.  Anakin and Padma 4-eva!

Feel free to argue against this...but you'd be wrong.

Like, if we write this, can you read it in your best jar jar voice and record it on tape executor?

lol, if i could sit through a reading without laughing the entire time.. yeah i probably could

The Suncrusher from the Jedi Academy Trilogy is more plausible than Starkiller Base.

Cavan of Courage and Ewoks Battle for Endor are both better movies than The Force Awakens.

The Starkiller base was bar none the worst of many bad decisions in The Force Awakens.  It was classic sequel escalation.  Oh we have a base the size of a small moon.  Oh, we need a more bigger(er) base.  Well why not a base that's the size of a whole planet.  Yeah, and they dug it out in 30 years.  Yeah, and it can suck in a star that is hundreds of thousands of times bigger than our planet, with no change in mass.  Yeah!  And then it can shoot out energy across an entire solar system!  Yeah!

Someone either couldn't, or wouldn't explain that this was an even worse idea than a personal teleporter to the Klingon Homeworld.  We all thought that without Lucas' iron hand at the helm, that better decisions would be made.  Looks like Abrams is every bit Lucas equal in narcissism.

Edited by Rikalonius