Sign in to follow this  
Marinealver

New B-wing Cannon

I seriously hope that nothing like this will ever get into the game. 

16 pts B-Wing? Is that a joke? 

Well yeah it is a joke but it is a weaker B-wing. Heck the TAP is only 14 points and that only has 1 less hull.

This B-wing has 2 less hitpoint so how much can a 1 agility 6 hit point ship survive? Those that fly TIE Defenders will tell you Not Long.

Lets not forget that a proton bomb or AHM can kill it in one hit.

Edited by Marinealver

Kind of stupid? I also hate how they're making the A-wing and B-wing older fighters, and not new designs.

The whole show is "kind of stupid". But each time the writers do something incredible retarded you can simply do this:

11r8xz.jpg

You will start to laugh your ass off each episode and get over that problem fast.

Edited by SEApocalypse

ITT, lots of people who've clearly never watched more than 3 episodes of the show talking out of their ass.

People need to not overestimate the power of this weapon just because it two-shots an Arquitens.

This is the same show where a standard TIE Fighter can one-shot a large transport.  And a TIE Advanced can destroy a Frigate in a half a dozen hits.

Ships are just really fragile on Rebels.

Edited by DarthEnderX

And now I've seen helicopter lightsabers. Writers are terribly unimaginative and inept and yet wild dreams do come from them. Yup. Mechwarrior cartoon. In canon telling of the start of the Rebellion. Take everything you see with a grain of salt and a shot glass of fermented grains.

.........................................................................................yeah.

I might give Rebels a miss.

Smart.

I made the mistake of watching the first season of it. It's basically what you'd expect from Disney star wars.

Example; there's a lightsaber that's also a gun. Because how cool is a lightsaber gun when you're 6 years old.

Which I suppose is the point - I don't care for rebels as I'm in my 30s, but it's probably not a bad show for its target audience of 3-11 year olds.

.........................................................................................yeah.

Smart.

I made the mistake of watching the first season of it. It's basically what you'd expect from Disney star wars.

Example; there's a lightsaber that's also a gun. Because how cool is a lightsaber gun when you're 6 years old.

Which I suppose is the point - I don't care for rebels as I'm in my 30s, but it's probably not a bad show for its target audience of 3-11 year olds.

What's wrong with a lightsaber gun?

Smart.

It's literally something a child would come up with on the playground because they think it's cool. Like a lightsaber with a crossguard that is also made of lightsaber...

Or a lightsaber that is a double lightsaber

Or a plane that is also a tank (the design of which I patented in Year 3, so nobody steal my Plane-tank idea!)

Once again I want to point out that it's not a BAD thing - it's MEANT to be something children think is cool.

Edited by Stu35

The EU explanation isn't much better than this one tbqh. Kuat could easily be making a hot rod fighter that ended up being for export like the F-5.

The EU explanation was MUCH better.

Sympathetic starship manufacturers (namely Incom and Koensayr) secretely produced starships in hidden factories, to sell to the rebels at discounts. Incom also designed the X-wing for the rebels to use. Makes way much more sense then the rebels buying them from the same guys who make ISDs, or the rebels stealing them from some planet that bought them.

Yes, secret factories make more sense than fighters in the wild falling into rebel hands.

The Rebels hid on several planets, right under the Empire's noses. It wouldn't be too hard to hide factories. The galaxy is a lot bigger an a planet, and even the Empire can't police the entire outer rim.

Kind of stupid? I also hate how they're making the A-wing and B-wing older fighters, and not new designs.

It's my understanding that these are both predecessors of the ships we currently have. The B-Wing in the episode is openly acknowledged as the prototype. It doesn't even have a working hyperdrive yet. That's why the Attack Shuttle was docked to it when it jumped in -- they were using the Phantom's hyperdrive to get the B-Wing into the battle.

The B-Wing jumped out of the system fine on its own :P

Smart.

It's literally something a child would come up with on the playground because they think it's cool. Like a lightsaber with a crossguard that is also made of lightsaber...

Or a lightsaber that is a double lightsaber

Or a plane that is also a tank (the design of which I patented in Year 3, so nobody steal my Plane-tank idea!)

Once again I want to point out that it's not a BAD thing - it's MEANT to be something children think is cool.

Plane-tank has been done for more than 30 years, his name is Blitzwing.

What I think is more implausible? The original EU canon of The Rebel Alliance BUILDING SHIPS. They are a Rebel group on the run, with limited funds and resources, where do they find the time, location and resources to build an entire ship design and keep them in production long enough to actually be worthwhile in the war.

Agreed. Having A-wings designed and built by (a subsidiary of) a corporation that's been effectively nationalized by the Empire is indeed implausible at best. But it's not really any less implausible than the idea that they were mass-produced by a corporation friendly to the Rebellion and then successfully distributed without Imperial notice or sanction.

And the A-wing has a lot in common, in terms of theme/role and even visual design, with the Republic interceptors that preceded it, so why not? You have to presuppose the existence of a large, functioning market in ships for planetary militias and mercenary organizations--big enough to make it reasonable that any shipyard would spend resources to manufacture starfighters that aren't intended for Imperial purchase. But that's actually easier for me to believe than the idea that the B-wings and A-wings used at Endor could spring, Athena-like, from the minds of their creators without any pesky considerations of labor, capital, and production capacity.

The Rebels hid on several planets, right under the Empire's noses. It wouldn't be too hard to hide factories. The galaxy is a lot bigger an a planet, and even the Empire can't police the entire outer rim.

Hiding buildings is easy, sure. Hiding the intellectual capital, raw materials, and high-tech components required to build combat-capable, military-grade spacecraft would be much more difficult.

At the risk of dragging in contemporary/real-world politics, think about the Iranian nuclear program. Hiding a research and production facility would be easy enough, because it's just a big structure (or set of structures). Staffing that facility with qualified researchers and engineers, shipping in refined fuel and explosive components, testing weapons, and then shipping the completed product to military facilities for launching or loading makes for a very different kind of challenge--and one that's fairly easy for intelligence services and international non-proliferation groups to follow.

Edited by Vorpal Sword

It's my understanding that these are both predecessors of the ships we currently have. The B-Wing in the episode is openly acknowledged as the prototype. It doesn't even have a working hyperdrive yet. That's why the Attack Shuttle was docked to it when it jumped in -- they were using the Phantom's hyperdrive to get the B-Wing into the battle.

The B-Wing jumped out of the system fine on its own :P

It was docked, this was a B-wing prototype not the B-wing itself.

Although why would the prototype be able to do more damage than capital ships while the final B-wings did not? I call bait and switch.