Marinealver

New B-wing Cannon

Some people like Rebels (unfortunately I'm not one of them) :P

Cannon Upgrade

• Superlaser (Unique)

B-wing Prototype only

Firepower 3

Range 1

[Attack] Discard this card to perform an attack. If this attack hits cancel all dice results and deal the defender 10 8 Face Up Damage Cards

Point cost 8.

Then we need to add the B-wing Prototype.

3 Firepower 1 Agility 2 Hull 4 Shields

<torpedo> <torpedo> <cannon> <crew>

starting pilot skill 1, starting point cost 15?

Pilots

• Hera? (but she is already the pilot of 2 different ships)
  • Sabrene Wren? Was more of a crew.
Edited by Marinealver

There should be a superweapon on a Prototype B-Wing (with folding wings).  Except, it should have some negative consequences... losing a hyperdrive functionality wouldn't affect an X-Wing match much.  Perhaps a SLAM type ability that you cannot shoot the following round in addition to some overpowered effect capable of crippling a Corvette class ship.  

But, I would do this like the TAP... not something for the standard B-Wings.

There should be a superweapon on a Prototype B-Wing (with folding wings).  Except, it should have some negative consequences... losing a hyperdrive functionality wouldn't affect an X-Wing match much.  Perhaps a SLAM type ability that you cannot shoot the following round in addition to some overpowered effect capable of crippling a Corvette class ship.  

But, I would do this like the TAP... not something for the standard B-Wings.

B-wing prototype. Less stats like 2 hull and 4 shields and keep firepower 3 agility 1. upgrades would be crew cannon and 2 torpedoes (no systems upgrade)

Edited by Marinealver

But is the cannon canon?

Of course it's canon! You don't get much more canon than the Rebels show... unless you don't count the Ghost as being a thing.  The blowing up a corvette was kinda cheesy, but watching Hera learn to fly the B-Wing was actually pretty awesome!  My B-Wings only wish they could do that.

Kind of stupid? I also hate how they're making the A-wing and B-wing older fighters, and not new designs.

It's my understanding that these are both predecessors of the ships we currently have. The B-Wing in the episode is openly acknowledged as the prototype. It doesn't even have a working hyperdrive yet. That's why the Attack Shuttle was docked to it when it jumped in -- they were using the Phantom's hyperdrive to get the B-Wing into the battle.

It also makes sense. I mean, you have to start somewhere if you want to end up with the X-Wing and Y-Wing. They still need to show us the C-Wing through W-Wings.

But is the cannon canon?

Of course it's canon! You don't get much more canon than the Rebels show... unless you don't count the Ghost as being a thing.  The blowing up a corvette was kinda cheesy, but watching Hera learn to fly the B-Wing was actually pretty awesome!  My B-Wings only wish they could do that.

What he means to say is that THE MOUSE OWNS STARWARS. Whatever is in a Disney movie or show it is now canon, and what ever was in a LucasArts game, novel, or comic book is no more.

So yes B-wing prototype super laser is Canon. Assault Gunboat is not. :P

Edited by Marinealver

I'm a huge fan of the show, but that is one of the worst bits from it.

That and helicoper sabers....

In a universe that regularly uses magic/germs to generate/augment lift, and regularly eschews physics, lightcopters were only jarring because they were not included from go. It was odd in it's sudden usage, and nothing else. Edited by nikk whyte

Cannon Upgrade

• Superlaser (Unique)

B-wing only

Firepower 3

Range 1

If this attack hits cancel all dice results and deal the defender 10 8 Face Up Damage Cards

Point cost 8.

"After you attack with this weapon, discard this card." (and still wouldn't be fair)

I'm a huge fan of the show, but that is one of the worst bits from it.

That and helicoper sabers....

In a universe that regularly uses magic/germs to generate/augment lift, and regular eschews physics, lightcopters were only jarring because they were included from go. It was odd in it's sudden usage, and nothing else.

The best part of the helicopter saber for me is its inevitable usage in "NOPE, I'M OUT" gifs later.

Kind of stupid? I also hate how they're making the A-wing and B-wing older fighters, and not new designs.

It's my understanding that these are both predecessors of the ships we currently have. The B-Wing in the episode is openly acknowledged as the prototype. It doesn't even have a working hyperdrive yet. That's why the Attack Shuttle was docked to it when it jumped in -- they were using the Phantom's hyperdrive to get the B-Wing into the battle.

It also makes sense. I mean, you have to start somewhere if you want to end up with the X-Wing and Y-Wing. They still need to show us the C-Wing through W-Wings.

Except that they have openly said that the A-wing is the RZ-1 A-wing, the same ship you see in RotJ. I hate that. Also, if the A-wing is made by KDY, the same people who make ISDs, A.) why/how would they sell to rebels, B.) why would the Empire allow them to, and C.) why would the Empire not buy them themselves.

I know A-wings have always had a muddled history with R-22s and all those retcons to patch things up, but the whole made by Rebel engineers makes so much more sense then what they have currently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA3o_UpFn7E

Cannon Upgrade

• Superlaser (Unique)
B-wing only

Firepower 3

Range 1

If this attack hits cancel all dice results and deal the defender 10 8 Face Up Damage Cards

Point cost 8.

"After you attack with this weapon, discard this card." (and still wouldn't be fair)
After you attack with this weapon, discard this card, remove any focus, evade and Target Lock tokens assigned to your ship, AND add one stress and Ion token to your ship. You can not attack on your next available opportunity.

Still might not be fair.

But is the cannon canon?

if theres an in history version of a weapon that shoots smaller versions of the same weapon that are also in history would it be a Canon cannon-canon-cannon? And if it was fielded by the PS 5 VCX pilot would it be a Kanan Canon Cannon-canon-cannon?

Edited by Panic 217

Me in the first half of that clip:

"Maybe I should give Reels another try. This looks awesome!"

Me in the second half of that clip:

"What the %#^*&^^ is this $%^%^&*$%!!!! Flak lasers? A B-Wing that is invulnerable? ^%&%^&&!!! That quad laser thing? %&%&%. Oh, and it single handedly took out a SD with it? %%&@!!

^% you Rebels .. I'm out!"

I think it's been stated that the A-wings we are seeing are just part of a different Rebel cell; X-wings being in use by the particular cell that eventually assaults the Death Star. Yes, a bit of ret-conning but I like it.

I'll just say I LOVE the show and there's nothing wrong with disliking the show, and hopefully the thread won't dissolve into a flamewar.