Sign in to follow this  
SmartCookie

Hoth Open reports?

You mean good players continue to be good? But this game is nothing but dice!!

/s

Surprising huh XD

But in all seriousness, the huge number of U-Boat builds is at the same time logical and alarming. The stats behind the squad are indeed very good already. 25 points for the already good statline and more importantly a cheap but efficient equipment combination... This explains why so many good players just jump on the U-Boat train pretty much unquestioned and do well with it on a major event. I believe this is even more than 4YTLT haf in its first events...

I think you should wait until the actual results before declaring the sky is falling. If the top 4 are all running x3 U-boats then yeah sure but they are brand new, fun and a fairly decent list. "Good" players probably realised this and brought a counter to them like Carnor Jax. Very good players have brought a list that both counters the jumpmasters and also does well against Imperial Aces.
I think it's good for the game that U-Boats are (arguably) overpowered. Wave 8 meta is great right now due in part to U-Boats immediately being top tier. We had this before with TLT except triple Jumpmaster is very fun to fly so it doesn't feel like a chore.

Also, Palp Aces players don't have any right to complain about triple U-Boat lol.

Triple Jumpmaster is beatable, you just can't quad TLT or 1 green straight R2-D2 Poe to victory ten times a game anymore. That's not a bad thing.

Lol how is any one build dominating the meta a good meta.

It's not dominating, it's just present. And unlike whisper it has lots of counters.

Definitely way to early to say it has lots of counters, especially for Rebels. Especially with Imperial aces on the boat.

Biggs with R4-D6 and Integrated Astromech.

Guardian Squadrons with Homing Missiles, Extra Munitions, and chips/LRS are 32 points. Add an autoblaster turret for anti-ace.

Lothal Rebels are cheap health. 2x Lothal Rebel, 2x Autoblaster Turret, Biggs with R4-D6 and Integrated Astromech. They spend a torpedo volley killing Biggs and then they have 2 entire Ghosts to deal with.

Rebels can counter them, you just have to think about stuff that's not Poe, Miranda, TLT Gold Squadrons, the Stresshog, or a Fat Turret.

Which will get dominated by Palp Shuttle. Which will remain the best all comers list too

How the hell would Biggs with R4-D6 and IA with some ABT Lothal Rebels lose hard to Palp Aces? You are aware that autoblaster turret forces regular hits through, even denying evade tokens, right?

Or 3x Guardian Squadron, 3x Homing Missiles, 3x EM, 3x Chips/LRS, 2x Autoblaster turret. You have a chance against Palp Aces.

Edited by ParaGoomba Slayer

Because most Palp Aces players play close to the board edge as long as they can to keep the Shuttle back. So you easily get some good range 3 shots on the Ghost and be out of range for Biggs, making him useless for a turn or two.A

And then you are forcing the Rebel player to race forward, which then means the Imps can maneuver to take down Biggs quickly but be out of range 1 of the Ghost/out of it's arcs. And once Biggs is gone, all the Aces need to do is stay at Range 2 and no-green the Ghost off the board.

Even having a chance against palp aces by depending on my opponent to make bad plays, then rolling perfectly to take out half an ace at a time leaves me with... One list. Not a lot, as was claimed.

Maybe people arguing about different builds or the current state of the meta should start a different thread?  :)  I jumped on trying to get some updates (like it says in the title) and got mostly arguing that everyone just skims past.

I am a little disappointed not to have a little more coverage. Either from FFG or from the community supporters. A little update of top table or the meta every round, maybe a couple highlights would be very enjoyable and would not take much work..

Because most Palp Aces players play close to the board edge as long as they can to keep the Shuttle back. So you easily get some good range 3 shots on the Ghost and be out of range for Biggs, making him useless for a turn or two.A

And then you are forcing the Rebel player to race forward, which then means the Imps can maneuver to take down Biggs quickly but be out of range 1 of the Ghost/out of it's arcs. And once Biggs is gone, all the Aces need to do is stay at Range 2 and no-green the Ghost off the board.

That's exactly how you want Biggs to function, to cycle in and out of combat so he doesn't die immediately. Being forced to wipe Biggs first isn't actually a negative most of the time for your opponent, as you should be focus firing things down anyways. A Biggs that's played well forces his opponent to spread out damage, not just concentrate it on himself.

The Ghosts do have K-Turns. Just because with ABT's they're turrets doesn't mean you have to lazily do 1 banks around the board. With your large base you could also block things.

I'm not saying it's a hard counter or even a counter. It's just a squad that should do well against U-Boats and also have a chance against Palp Aces while also being good against other stuff, a nice general purpose squad.

Edited by ParaGoomba Slayer

The stream was playing for a few seconds then buffering for a minute. I'll just wait until the recordings are posted online.

Works fine for me.

Unfortunately, just a boring near mirror match right now it seems.

Day 2 lists, gleaned from pictures shown and various "percentage" posts from FFGOP on Twitter:

35 Imperials:

23 Palp Shuttle

2 DeciVader

2+ TIE Swarm

1+ DeciWhisper

7 undefined

24 Scum:

15 U-Boats

5 Brobots

1+ Xizor Swarm

3 undefined

23 Rebels:

6 Stresshog

1+ A-Wing swarm

1+ Ghost/Falcon

15 undefined

The #+ entries indicate I've seen that squad or know someone running that squad, but don't know if there are more. The solid numbers are based on FFGOP percentages.

Edited by skotothalamos