Sign in to follow this  
HyveMynd

Yet another Gate question from n00b

Greetings all,

I just picked up the AH game a few days ago, and have been playing some solo games before I spring it on my group.  During one of them something a little strange happened that I wasn't sure how to handle. Since my players are big "by the letter" rules sticklers I just wanted to try and clear things up.

In one game, Dr. Vincent Lee returns to the Woods from an Other World and successfully closes the gate to the Great Hall of Celeano. In the Mythos Phase of the same turn, a new gate opens at... the Woods. What happens? Does Dr. Lee get sucked into the gate and become delayed, or does the "explored" token he got from coming out of the first gate prevent this? The rules are very specific about Investigators with an explored token not getting drawn into a gate during the Arkham Encounters Phase, but are pretty vague about other times. Help?

Another issue. What exactly counts as an item? When an investigator goes insane or falls unconscious they discard half their items and half their clue tokens (rounded down). The rules clearly say to count up every Investigator Card except for Ally and Skill cards when determining how many should be discarded. But what exactly can you discard? Can you only discard Common and/or Unique Item cards? They are the only things actually called "items", so I am a bit confused here.

Thanks.

1.   Yes,  Vincent would be drawn through the new gate and delayed.  Remember to think of it as a brand new gate, even though its in the same spot.   Chances are it's to a different other world anyway,   it doesn't matter that you had an explored token before,  that only applied to the previous gate.

2.   "items"  are Common Items, Unique Items, Spells, and Exhibit Items (if playing with CotDP expansion).   Anything else is not an item.

dj2.0 said:

Didnt we also hear recently that  the special items of the deputy, the patrol wagon and the revolver, should also count as items?

Depends on what you figure is recent. Those are listed in the rulebook lengua.gif (Revised edition).

Well Im an original kind of guy, I got the 1st edition board (the superior one, and I dont meann the 80s version, though Im original enough to have bought that one too over 20 years ago!!!sorpresa.gif), so for me its definately recently learned happy.gif

see what you mean, it is darker, more of a dark shadowy apeal, might look out for a spare board in our lgs, in them pics i think the chess pieces on monsters is a good idea, as its easy to overlook them sometimes as they blend in