Sign in to follow this  
keltheos

Random Q, how many of you have bought 3 core sets?

I only bought one kit.  I'd really love to buy more, but I'm of same the mind as a lot of the other players.  I really don't play enough to justify buying extras, and I think the decks play really well straight out of the box.  I like that they went a different direction than the Cthulhu card game and didn't make it all single copies of each card.  If I bought another starter box I feel like I'd just be wasting half the cards in there and never using them.  So I'm sticking with one.

Just ordered my 2nd Core Set and 2nd Skaven.  I should get by end of week, so I will have to spend a little time putting a deck together. 

I believe that with the Battle Paks coming out, 2 of any of these should be more than enough.  Although players with 3 may have an advantage until the other BP's are released.

Hey Guys,

well i bought 3 copies of the core set and i will buy 3 copies of every BP. I guess it's just my urge as a collector that forces me to do so or also the disliking of the fact not having every card playset. IMHO it is kind of essential to have the imprtant cards of your Deck in there three times to play at a high competitive level. But of course that is a player decision. I just want to point out that you will always have a better chance of winning if u have the maximum number of cards in your collection and so in your Deck. Lets say you play a Milldeck and you are relying on Infiltrate as your major winning condition playing a 60 card Deck. Just having 2 Infiltrate in the Deck makes it a Chance of 1:26 if we imgaine we dont go first and now have 8 cards in our hand. With the same setup and 3 copies that makes almost 1:17. So the more copies the more consitent the Deck works. And IMO the decision who wins games is not only a question of playskill, its also a question of deck consistency.

Just my two cents 

Yes definitely you're correct.  From both a deck consistency and a competitive standpoint, it makes sense to maximize your chances of getting the best cards in your deck by including 3 copies of them.  However, as I'm a fun-only type of card player, no matter what the game, I am unconcerned with having three copies of every card in the game, let alone in my deck.  That's a fundamental choice that I've made as a player and collector of the game.  That choice will differ from player to player, based on how they want to collect and play the game.

If you're a member of a group that is highly competitive, you'll find yourself faced with a lot more people who've bought three of everything.  If you don't keep up with them you may find yourself losing a lot, which can make the gaming experience less fun.  I play with other casual gamers, so 1 of each product will be enough for my gaming enjoyment.

I don't agree. I think having enough cards to be able to make some real choices about what goes in to your deck and why is the important thing. Any playset of cards in your deck is not going to win you the game. It is maximizing your chances to draw what you need when you need it that matters. Since combos really won't win this game (at least not yet) a well rounded deck with utilitarian cards played well is going to give you better results than simply the most powerful cards x3.

A "casual" player who spends their money wisely and trades for what else they need can field a winning deck with little problems, including against the guy who owns everything x3. Having a full playset of every card does not give you the knowledge of what cards to include, how often, when and where to play them, and when is the best time or wy to use them or their effects. Building a deck from 1 of each product and figuring out your weaknesses and strengths, both of your build and your strategies and tactics can help you make very smart trades and purchases to pick up the few cards your deck needs multiples of in high numbers.

All that said of course, if you are facing a deck building master and a player who makes no mistakes, yes x3 of each product will put you in a hole you can't easily get out of.

Well, I hate to admit I'm scowling to find a 3rd set of Empire/Ork rares.  I do have 2 sets at this time.  I've got all 3 of the new sets though.  That is a lot easier to do and costs about the same.

So if anyone is looking to trade a last set of Empire/Ork rares for the Dwarf/Chaos counters, let me know gran_risa.gif

Just got my 2nd set of core and Skaven.  I really don't think 3 is necessary.  I may be proven wrong, but I believe if anything BP's will introduce even more powerful cards, and 2 sets will give you plenty of options to build a good deck.  I'm going to buy 2 of everything and see how that works.  If I see a need for a 3rd set, then I may buy it.