Sign in to follow this  
DraconPyrothayan

HALP

So, perhaps some discussion for Baaa: What think you about a list that uses TLT and Ordnance together?

​I mean, they're both potent at the moment, but against opposite defense types.

Thoughts?

I suppose the ship for this would have to take ordnance for range 1? That way it wouldn't be redundant at range 2-3. So a k-wing with cluster missiles and a tlt? Are there any 1-2 torpedoes? I don't think so.

I'm quite fond of a K-Wing with Advanced SLAM, Extra Munitions, and 2x Prox Mines. It's great fun moving first, picking the right maneuver, and then prox mining the Ace that's still sitting there waiting for you to move.

Warden Squadron Pilot (23)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Extra Munitions (2)
Bombardier (1)
Proximity Mines (3)
Proximity Mines (3)
Advanced SLAM (2)

Total: 40

Why...

Why does this type of thing exist?

Edit: I literally posted 2 seconds ago and this thread is already halfway down the page!

Edited by MPG

If you want turreted torpedos, there's always this Nera build. Fire torp with Deadeye in any direction at R2-3, AccCor to zero hits, deliver stress to ships < 4 hull, keep torpedo thanks to MF for not hitting. Repeat each round until your opponent freaks out.

Nera Dantels (26)
Deadeye (1)
Accuracy Corrector (3)
Flechette Torpedoes (2)
Munitions Failsafe (1)

Total: 33

I'm quite fond of a K-Wing with Advanced SLAM, Extra Munitions, and 2x Prox Mines. It's great fun moving first, picking the right maneuver, and then prox mining the Ace that's still sitting there waiting for you to move.Warden Squadron Pilot (23)Twin Laser Turret (6)Extra Munitions (2)Bombardier (1)Proximity Mines (3)Proximity Mines (3)Advanced SLAM (2)Total: 40

Bombardier? Never again with Sabine Wren now!

I mean, she makes mines really really worth it.

I'm quite fond of a K-Wing with Advanced SLAM, Extra Munitions, and 2x Prox Mines. It's great fun moving first, picking the right maneuver, and then prox mining the Ace that's still sitting there waiting for you to move.Warden Squadron Pilot (23)Twin Laser Turret (6)Extra Munitions (2)Bombardier (1)Proximity Mines (3)Proximity Mines (3)Advanced SLAM (2)Total: 40

Bombardier? Never again with Sabine Wren now!

I mean, she makes mines really really worth it.

True, but I like Bombardier for the extra range of dropping Prox Mines right on Ace pilots. It takes out any wiggle room from getting the maneuver wrong.

So, perhaps some discussion for Baaa: What think you about a list that uses TLT and Ordnance together?

​I mean, they're both potent at the moment, but against opposite defense types.

Thoughts?

I suppose the ship for this would have to take ordnance for range 1? That way it wouldn't be redundant at range 2-3. So a k-wing with cluster missiles and a tlt? Are there any 1-2 torpedoes? I don't think so.

I was thinking 2Y 3Z.

Since the Z is losing Blount, it really needs to hang onto the extra modification from Concussions, methinks.

​I also used the remaining 4 points for 1 pt initiative and to boost the Zs to PS 4, to end the Jumpmasters rightly.

Okay last post then you guys are on your own...

Here's a list for ordnance, turrets, and bombs.

Nera Dantels (26)
Deadeye (1)
Accuracy Corrector (3)
Flechette Torpedoes (2)
Munitions Failsafe (1)

Guardian Squadron Pilot (25)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Extra Munitions (2)
Sabine Wren (2)
Proximity Mines (3)
Conner Net (4)
Thermal Detonators (3)
Advanced SLAM (2)

Green Squadron Pilot (19)
Adaptability (0)
Chardaan Refit (-2)
Crack Shot (1)
Autothrusters (2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Oh wow, this sucks so much.  Anyone know if there are any different time zoned moderators?

Keeping thread bumped ... what purpose does spamming this type of forum do for spammers?

Sometimes spam can be so bizarre and nonsensical that I wonder if it's a way for spies to communicate.  Like number stations.
Honestly I have no actual idea. It's all so pointless! D: