Sign in to follow this  
Girlbrush

IA pixel project

Hey! Thought I'd share a personal project related to Imperial Assault. The idea is to make an army builder in Unity to use when playing Skirmish with friends. Started making pixel portraits of the characters bc it would be fun(and dumb! So many characters!) to use original assets, so here's the ones started so far!
Some blocked, some that have gotten several passes and Luke that looks like Martha Stewart. :)

IA_army_builder_pixels.png

great work man, im also an Illustrator/Animator.  Thought about collaborating on a similar type of idea. being trying to get in contact with some of the creators of Apps to see if they need designs for their Builders or Apps

Saboteur needs a bit of shadow or highlight to break up his clothes they are looking a bit flat 

Thanks guys! Work is going slowly forward. The usual process, as seen below, goes from blocking out a character to iterating over it a couple of times. There's definitely more effective ways to work(and with Fantasy Flight's release schedule it's a race against time x)) but since it's a home project it's okay. Super grateful for your feedback and kind words! :)  Great help!
ia_army_builder_pixels_02.png

great work man, im also an Illustrator/Animator.  Thought about collaborating on a similar type of idea. being trying to get in contact with some of the creators of Apps to see if they need designs for their Builders or Apps

Saboteur needs a bit of shadow or highlight to break up his clothes they are looking a bit flat 

Do it! :D Always more fun with a custom, cool-looking builder! (at least Illustrators think so :D)

Great. :D

Now you made me think that I need to make a special version of the Vassal Campaign module with these... I would probably need the wounded versions of the heroes as well. :D

Cool :D Will have to google this Vassal module thing. ;) *noob*

Do it! :D Always more fun with a custom, cool-looking builder! (at least Illustrators think so :D)

yeah, been in contact, but noone has responded.  I don't really have any coding skills for Apps

These are pretty awesome. Most of them are "pointing" to the right, is that intentional?

Nexu's eyes need to be a little closer to center, IMHO.

Way awesome.