Sign in to follow this  
Miah999

Tannhauser Encyclopedia.

This is a project I've been working on for about five days. I'm taking virtually evey proper noun i can find in the Tannhauser materials and researching them and compiling articles to give more in depth information for the Tannhauser universe. It's no where near done but i wasnted to get some feed back.

Here's a link, docs.google.com/fileview. Its currently 20 pages, but I expect the finished First Edition will be 30 to 40 pages.

Don't bash me too hard, IT HAS NOT BEEN PROOF READ!

Very cool!

Two suggestions :

1.  Add a column for a reference (to the rule book, website, or wherever the info came from)
  2. Make it a Wiki so you're not the only one stuck updating it (of course, this opens up a number of issues, mainly where to host it and how to maintain it ~ maybe on BGG?)

ellyssian said:

Very cool!

Two suggestions :

1.  Add a column for a reference (to the rule book, website, or wherever the info came from)
  2. Make it a Wiki so you're not the only one stuck updating it (of course, this opens up a number of issues, mainly where to host it and how to maintain it ~ maybe on BGG?)

I plan on adding references, right now all information is from the Cronology, the Field Ops tranlation from Tannbunker, and Wikipedia.

As for making it into a wiki I have no idea how to do that, plus I a bit of a control freak, but I am open to the idea. Right now I'm not too worried about being the only one updating it as FFG is really slow to release new material.

I just posted a newer version, this one is probably 70% complete and features a basic reference system. However it's paobably no the final reference system. Note: no reference means I don't have a primary source yet.

Link, docs.google.com/fileview

Please keep posting your sugesstions and questions.

To be honest I think it looks quite amazing so far. I have to applaud the work that you have put into the file. My only real concern is with the abbreviations, at first I was so confused to as what was being referenced, although when I got to the last page it all made sense. Personally I'd have probably put that just before the start of the content, but that's just my opinion.

Regardless that's some awesome work that you have done and I can't fault you at all! Keep up the good work!

aplauso.gif

First, thanks to everyone.

Second, and this is big... Here is the First Draft of The Tannhauser Mythopoedia, now with illistrations. It is currently 54 pages and has approximatly 400 entries. I'm going to stop adding new entries for a while, and focus on improving the current ones.

Follow this link docs.google.com/fileview

Now, everyone who is interested and has the time please read it make suggestions, and ask questions. Post it all here for now.

Thanks again.

PS I'm looking in to the WIKI idea, and in a week or two after everyone's had a chance to look at it I'll finalize the first edition and see about posting it in a few places.

A fantastic piece of work.  Two questions

Are you going to include fan made creations such as the Dero and Moellers Hermetics (I see you already have 'the hollow earth')?

Do you want a hand with proof reading and grammar? - my wife is exceptionally good at this

Anyway just brilliant

Nhoj

Nhoj said:

A fantastic piece of work.  Two questions

Are you going to include fan made creations such as the Dero and Moellers Hermetics (I see you already have 'the hollow earth')?

Do you want a hand with proof reading and grammar? - my wife is exceptionally good at this

Anyway just brilliant

Nhoj

I was thinking of including fan made material, but I'm not sure how to intigrate it and still keep it seperate. I'll probably include a seperate chapter for fan made entries in the second edition, I'll of course reference the "official" meterial used in the creation of the fan made additions.

To be included in later versions: info from the "official" scenarios, the Dero, proabably a single article covering Moellers Hermetics, fan made tokens, and some of my own creations. Also I'm thinking of including a chapter that is simply a game play glossery and FAQ.

As for proof reading I'll accept any sugestions you may have.

Hey folks,

I need a little help...

1 Does any one know if the Matriarchy (which appearently came in to exsistence sometime in the mid to late 1800s) sold Alaska to the US in 1867.

2 I need to know what the Matriarchy's flag looks like. (I don't have Novgorod yet.)

3 I could use any images from the now lost T.O.Y. site, especially Behemoth, and the J.P.C. maps.

Reply here, or email to miah000 (at) gmail (dot) com.

All for now...

Nohj say thanks to Polly, for me. And I know Mythopoeia is misspelled on the title page.

Thanks to everyone.

Ok folks we're looking at buying a new house and moving, etc, etc. So, I'll probably be offline for awhile. In that case here is the latest version of the Mythopoeia. I'll continue to work on it in my spare time. It's still has a few issues. Hope you all enjoy.

Happy Holidays.

docs.google.com/fileview