Sign in to follow this  
Princezilla

Rebel Veterans

The reason I think Y-wings are a no-brainer to include is because there are a BUNCH of pilots from the original trilogy they haven't used. As it stands, they only have used one named pilot from the movies, as Salm is an EU character.

And remember, FFG has fleshed out a ship in the past that was considered the best in its faction: the B-wing.

The second ship I think could be the Xwing, Ewing, or even the HWK could use something to address the 1 attack die issue.

It would make sense to add the Y-Wing, yes.

Hmmm a high tier fighter and a bomber... it reminds me of TIE Defender + TIE Bomber.

OK, it will probably be E-Wing and Y-Wing. (X-Wing could benefit from common upgrades or droids)

Well, bye bye Corran in the X-Wing (does that mean we get Luke in the E-Wing?)

For the approximately 100th time I can say:

Corsec Green T-65 X-Wing

Piloten cards:

Corran Horen

Tycho Celchu

Nawara Ven

Myn Donos

Astromech cards:

Whistler

Gates

Shiner

Generic R2

Generic R5

Genetic R7

4 copies of integrated astromech

As much as I like Myn and Nawara, it makes much more sense to include the wingmates of Corran and Tycho. (so Ooryl, and... anyone remember Tycho's wingmate? Was it Nawara?)

For the approximately 100th time I can say:

Corsec Green T-65 X-Wing

Piloten cards:

Corran Horen

Tycho Celchu

Nawara Ven

Myn Donos

Astromech cards:

Whistler

Gates

Shiner

Generic R2

Generic R5

Genetic R7

4 copies of integrated astromech

Don't see Gavin, Ooryl, Pash, Aril, Inyri, Asyr, or Zev Senesca on that list.

The first expansion to include 20 pilot cards! Box bigger then the Decimator!

OT Pilots for the purists, and Rogues/Wraiths for the book lovers!

I'd buy it.

Get on it FFG!

The reason I think Y-wings are a no-brainer to include is because there are a BUNCH of pilots from the original trilogy they haven't used. As it stands, they only have used one named pilot from the movies, as Salm is an EU character.

And remember, FFG has fleshed out a ship in the past that was considered the best in its faction: the B-wing.

The second ship I think could be the Xwing, Ewing, or even the HWK could use something to address the 1 attack die issue.

Salm is only half an EU character. He was retconned into Gray Leader, who we do see for all of 2 seconds in film.

That said, see my above post as to why it would make more sense to include an E, X, or Hwk over a Y (as much as I love Ys (you can kind of tell by my name))

Edited by YwingAce

I have a compromise, make the expansion 3 ships, with X-wing, Y-wing, and E-wing.

OT pilots for Purists, Rogues/Wraiths for book lovers, more astros, IA, maybe a new turret or 2 that can help the Hawk.

Basically just make a Rebels Most Wanted Pack.

Some Y-Wing pilots:

Tiree (GOLD 2)

Ryle Torsyn (GOLD 3)

Lt. Lepira (GOLD 4)

Davish 'Pops' Krail (GOLD 5)

Hal Okand (GOLD 6)

As much as I wouldn't mind new pilots for Ys, I'll never understand people's fixation with the Red Squadron and Gold Squadron pilots. They had one line, and 2 scenes, with one of those being their death scene. Not saying I don't want to see them, I'm just curious as to why people want these guys over i.e. Tycho or Corran.

I have a compromise, make the expansion 3 ships, with X-wing, Y-wing, and E-wing.

OT pilots for Purists, Rogues/Wraiths for book lovers, more astros, IA, maybe a new turret or 2 that can help the Hawk.

Basically just make a Rebels Most Wanted Pack.

Some Y-Wing pilots:

Tiree (GOLD 2)

Ryle Torsyn (GOLD 3)

Lt. Lepira (GOLD 4)

Davish 'Pops' Krail (GOLD 5)

Hal Okand (GOLD 6)

As much as I wouldn't mind new pilots for Ys, I'll never understand people's fixation with the Red Squadron and Gold Squadron pilots. They had one line, and 2 scenes, with one of those being their death scene. Not saying I don't want to see them, I'm just curious as to why people want these guys over i.e. Tycho or Corran.

Because they are canon? (and some guys are purists)

E-Wing OBVIOUSLY needs some love, but I think Y-Wings are fairly comfortable right now.   Even if it is an E-Wing and Y-Wing pack, it'll almost certainly have astromechs, and if a pack has astromechs, that PROBABLY means it's also going to boost X-Wings, and T-70 X-Wings, so maybe Y-Wing and E-Wing aren't really the BEST option. 

Rebels could use some help in a lot of small areas.  The HWK could use a boost, the original X-Wing could also use another small boost (Even though it's been getting a little better with integrated astromech), The A-Wing still doesn't feel right to me, Y-Wings could use more pilots, E-Wings need something that makes me want to take generics (Maybe new system options?)  and to be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing a new type of  cheap torpedo that has some utility, to balance the 1-point missile that just came out. 

If they focus exclusively on TWO ships, how could they generate the most impact?   Well including the E-Wing would be a start.   Adding an astromech would instantly open up an option for 4 rebel ships.  If they include an HWK it isn't likely to have anything that is really NEEDED by other ships.   A Y-Wing might actually be a good idea, if they give it a new turret card that adds a crew slot.   Then the Y-Wings could equip bombardier or some new crew options that might help with torpedoes.   And if they add new torps that could also help the regular X-Wings. 

I just can't find any non-direct ways of offering something that'll help the regular x-wing that doesn't ALSO benefit the T-70. 

Edited by Crabbok

"The fact however is, that the X-wing, Hawk, and E-wing sincerely need buffs, where's the Z-95 and Y-wing really just need diversity"

That's more opinion than fact.

List juggler suggests that nearly 5 times as many X-wings are being flown since the start of the new year and store champ season compared to prior to Wave 8 (based on points spent). Sounds like the X-wing is fixed already to me.

In that same time:

Y-Wings have exploded in popularity on the table.

E-Wings are slightly waning in use as 2-ship Corran falls out of favor.

Z-95s for both factions see about as much time on the table as Corran, again by points spent...so 3 to 1 in ships.

HWKs are still basically a flat line at the bottom.

"The fact however is, that the X-wing, Hawk, and E-wing sincerely need buffs, where's the Z-95 and Y-wing really just need diversity"

List juggler suggests that nearly 5 times as many X-wings are being flown since the start of the new year and store champ season compared to prior to Wave 8 (based on points spent). Sounds like the X-wing is fixed already to me.

In that same time:

Z-95s for both factions see about as much time on the table as Corran, again by points spent...so 3 to 1 in ships.

The X-wing (according to Major Juggler) still remains worse then a B-wing, and that's WITH IA. X-wings may have seen an increase in popularity, but they are still needing more then Ys or Zs.

Popularity =/= fixed.

Also genuinely curious as to why you like going into every thread and yelling at anyone who wants an X-wing buff?

Edited by YwingAce

If we wanted 2 ships that affect the entire rebel lineup, hmm...

The Ewing -needs- a buff, and it has an astromech slot. New options there affect Xwing, T70, and Ywing

System slot affects Tie Advanced most of all, as anything new that isnt Ewing only is free for the advance. but there's some leeway there based on how much of a hole the T/A is in without a system. On the rebel side, it'll give the Bwing and ghost options, but Scum make out like bandits with Aggressor, G1A, and Virago.

Torpedo slot affets... almost every rebel.

Bwing, HWK, or attack shuttle  benifit frm a new Crew option, such as the unknown "system officer" coming in Imperial Vets.

"Xwing only" buffs the Xwing (which is near where it need to be, but needs a nudge) and T70 (which has more options, but less efficency) but requires an Xwing or T70 in the package

Ywing only needs pilots, which needs Ywing in the package. Could be combined with a crew option turret to include crew for the normaly crewed rebel ships

z95 needs pilots.

Ywing only needs pilots, which needs Ywing in the package. Could be combined with a crew option turret to include crew for the normaly crewed rebel ships

Y-Wing title: 

BTL-S3 Y-wing

You gain the crew upgrade icon. If you equip a crew upgrade card of cost 3 or above, you gain the elite upgrade icon. [i need help with the wording]

I don't think we need an x-wing in the package to have an X-Wing only buff.   Granted this is usually the case, but look at Most Wanted - it had plenty of ship-specific stuff without having HWKs or Firesprays in the package.   I realize this was a unique case, but it is possible.   I'd like to see it done also, because I REALLY have more than enough X-Wings already, between the core set, x-wing expansion, and the GR-75.... I really don't need any more T-65 X-Wing miniatures. 

E-wing is practically guaranteed.

Y-wing maybe?

doesn't need much help since it has TLT. 

X-wing unfortunately this ship has been "fixed" like 5 times now already has a bunch of pilots just wait for Rogue One ships to come out FFG will fix it then.

Hwk-290 I hate this ship so I don't want it in there. (sorry hwk fans)

So probably E and Y.

with the timeline for these packs to actually come out i expect star wars x wing the miniatures game "star wars rogue one rebel veterans" presented by star war wars to come out in the same time slot as the t70 and tie-fu

In that same time:

The X-wing (according to Major Juggler) still remains worse then a B-wing, and that's WITH IA. X-wings may have seen an increase in popularity, but they are still needing more then Ys or Zs.

Popularity =/= fixed.

Also genuinely curious as to why you like going into every thread and yelling at anyone who wants an X-wing buff?

It was 1/10th of a percent lower than B-Wings if I'm remembering correctly. At what % do we reach statistical insignificance?

I'm just trying to fight the misconception that X-Wings are still decidedly under-performing and need a fix. It's not a foregone conclusion that they will get another fix, per the interviews. The start date for the developers to determine if a fix is merited was the release of Integrated Astromech. Store Champ season effectively began that evaluation, by volume, and the results thus far are dramatic in favor of IA having fixed the X-Wing.

I'd personally love to have more copies of IA without buying more T-70s, but with so many other ships that could use more pilots, and the X-Wing already having the most pilots of all Rebel ships, I'd be extremely disappointed if Rebel Vets had yet another X-Wing when other ships need more help and pilots than the X-Wing does.

To that end, I'm just defending the X-Wing against those that presumptuously state as fact that the X-Wing must get another fix and that Rebel Vets is the place to do it.

If the design cycle is 18 months, then start the clock at the end of this year's regional season and at the end of that 18 month period we'll all find out together if another X-Wing fix was deemed warranted by the designers.

It was 1/10th of a percent lower than B-Wings if I'm remembering correctly. At what % do we reach statistical insignificance?

When the Xwing gets a Barrel roll, a system slot, a crew and a second torpedo.

Being "on par" withthe Bwing isnt enough when the Bwing has more intangibles.

Edited by Rakaydos

In that same time:

Popularity =/= fixed.

I'm just trying to fight the misconception that X-Wings are still decidedly under-performing and need a fix. It's not a foregone conclusion that they will get another fix, per the interviews. The start date for the developers to determine if a fix is merited was the release of Integrated Astromech. Store Champ season effectively began that evaluation, by volume, and the results thus far are dramatic in favor of IA having fixed the X-Wing.

I'd personally love to have more copies of IA without buying more T-70s, but with so many other ships that could use more pilots, and the X-Wing already having the most pilots of all Rebel ships, I'd be extremely disappointed if Rebel Vets had yet another X-Wing when other ships need more help and pilots than the X-Wing does.

To that end, I'm just defending the X-Wing against those that presumptuously state as fact that the X-Wing must get another fix and that Rebel Vets is the place to do it.

If the design cycle is 18 months, then start the clock at the end of this year's regional season and at the end of that 18 month period we'll all find out together if another X-Wing fix was deemed warranted by the designers.

when will people realize that being better or even equal at pure jousting while still having post dial movement is not balanced at all

Edited by THEMANONTHEM00N

Personally I feel the HWK-290, Y-Wing and Z-95 Headhunter would best be served in a "Most Wanted II" set with one of each of the ships and pilots for both Rebel and Scum.

The HWK-290 while a canon ship has no few known canon pilots - it appears in the Disney game Star Wars: Commander (SW:C) if you join the Rebel Alliance. I personally don't feel this ship needs a "fix" - it is effective in it's current design to point cost - changing it to fit the Legends fluff would result in an increase in it's points. 

HWK-290 in White & Red alt paint scheme (as it canonnically appears in SW:C)

Rebel Pilots: Rebel Operative (reprint), Rebel Privateer (PS 3 with EPT), •Palob Godalhi (PS 5 with new rebel ability), •Gamut Key [Quite honestly I couldn't find any other named Rebel pilots for this ship and the mecenary gang in SW:C does not conannically side with the Rebel Alliance.]

Scum Pilots: Spice Runner, Hutt Cartel Thug, •Roark Garnet, •IG-72 [Again problems finding named pilots who flew this ship]

"Fixes": A way to upgrade Primary weapon attack value to 2 (the stock ship is unarmed but the Crow has twice as many guns as a TIE Fighter); a maneuverability boost - possibly taking the turret slot - cannot be taken with the Mold Crow title (since the Crow does have a blaster turret in lore); a turret slot upgrade that allows the HWK to take Bombs (in SW:C it is used as a carpet bomber)

The Y-Wing really doesn't need a "fix" but could use diversity. There are quite a few Canon Rebel Y-Wing squadrons & pilots (that have not been used) as well as Legends Scum squadrons & pilots (that have not been used).

Y-Wing in White & Blue alt paint scheme (seen this on a toy somewhere - its different enough from the yellow and dark red ones that currently exist.)

Rebel Squadrons: Amber Wing Pilot, Cobalt Squadron Pilot, Feral Group Pilot

Rebel Pilots: •Davish "Pops" Krail, •Dex Tiree, •Ekelarc Yong, •Norra Wexley

Scum Squadrons: Sisar Terminal Enforcer, Shadow Wing Pirate, Crimson Jack Pirate

Scum Pilots: •Welinarro, •Jolli, •Yith Ganar, Madd Markos

"Fixes": BTL-S3 Courier variant - replace secondary weapons for crew slot(s).

The Z-95 also doesn't need a "fix" but could use diversity. There are pretty much no few Canon Z-95 squadrons & pilots - all are Legends.

Z-95 in White & Orange stripes alt paint scheme (as it canonnically appears in SW:C)

Rebel Squadrons: Azul Squadron, Hunter Squadron, Sundancer Squadron

Rebel Pilots: •Ace Azzameen, •Asyr Sei'lar, •Erisi Dlarit, •Pash Cracken, •Ranna Gorjaye, •Rhysati Ynr Canon: •Poe Dameron, •Iolo Arana, •Karé Kun

Scum Squadrons: Nebula Raiders Pirate, Wheel Security Pilot, Organization Smuggler

Scum Pilots: •Ssurussk, •Arraxx, •Len Markus, •Likk Nibk, •Wezd “Tank” Koupa

"Fixes": Upgrade to add an Ion Cannon to the Z-95 (this is a weapon it carries in the new Canon).

Edited by Hantheman

The HWK-290 while a canon ship has no known canon pilots - it appears in the Disney game Star Wars: Commander (SW:C) if you join the Rebel Alliance. I personally don't feel this ship needs a "fix" - it is effective in it's current design to point cost - changing it to fit the Legends fluff would result in an increase in it's points. 

The HWK-290 recently appeared in the most recent Kanan comic as well, with one of the recurring characters from that series piloting it. So, that's at least one named canon pilot they could use. His name is Gamut Key. He helped Kanan escape the Imperial presence on Kaller, so technically you could say he's Rebel-aligned. 

The HWK is kinda like the Lamba in that you take it for pilot abilities and support crew not because you expect it to actually kill things. However it is also a cheap TLT carrier that unlike the Y can be speced to mod both shots, so it can be surprisingly deadly and effective if you build it with support in mind and treat any direct damage as a bonus.