Sign in to follow this  
Princezilla

Rebel Veterans

As many have said these types of packs are about more then fixing ships, adding variety is just as important and that is something the Y desperately needs.

Y-Wings can take turrets, or not. If they take turrets, they can BTL, or not. They can take munitions, or not. They can take bombs, or not. They have the most variety in the game.

HWKs MUST take turrets. They then cost too much to take anything else. You build your list around the HWK or you don't bring the HWK. Fix them and you fix them in 2 factions.

E-Wings cost too much to add anything ever. Except Corran.

X-Wing is already fixed by IA, and already has the most pilots, nothing else needed.

Z-95 could use more pilots but they're not in a bad spot as-is.

As many have said these types of packs are about more then fixing ships, adding variety is just as important and that is something the Y desperately needs.

Y-Wings can take turrets, or not. If they take turrets, they can BTL, or not. They can take munitions, or not. They can take bombs, or not. They have the most variety in the game.

HWKs MUST take turrets. They then cost too much to take anything else. You build your list around the HWK or you don't bring the HWK. Fix them and you fix them in 2 factions.

E-Wings cost too much to add anything ever. Except Corran.

X-Wing is already fixed by IA, and already has the most pilots, nothing else needed.

Z-95 could use more pilots but they're not in a bad spot as-is.

HWKs are support ships designed to be taken for their excellent pilot abilities or for cheap crew shenanigans, any turret damage is a bonus to boosting your four dice primary VCX up to shoot before Whisper or throwing five dice at range three with your B Wing's HLC. The Y has a number of options on paper but like the B pre Rebel Aces no one uses them for anything other then spamming the generic. Edited by Princezilla

Xwing and Ewing hopefully. We dont need more Xwing pilots, but perhaps Corran can be an Xwing pilot in the pack. Mix pilots between the two ships. Some of the Xwing pilots and their abilities would be great in an Ewing with its System slot and extra agility, and barrell roll. Hobbie +TA could Adv Sensors barrell roll, then do a K-turn, get TL, and be stress free. Or Adv sensors, focus, then do Kturn, and be stress free. Gives Xwing pilots the greens of Ewings too.

We do need more X-wing pilots: half the EU pilots flew X-wing. That said, Norra and Leia in Ys would be nice.

I would not be surprised to see Luke in an E-wing; might give Corran a run for his money.

I want it to have stuff (a couple Integrated Astromechs) that can "fix" the X-Wing but unless it's got some wild new paint scheme I could do without another model.

The E-Wing doesn't have a second model so that might me nice and I believe that it along with the Y-Wing and Z-95 could use more rebel pilots.

As unloved as the HWK may be I really can't see putting it in a Rebel Aces pack.  Maybe in a Scum "Doing business" pack but not something for the Rebels.

Definitely E-wing and X-wing, but I believe the T-70 will be in the pack instead of the T-65. Don't worry, the t-65 fix will be in there, along with two copies of IA. Astromechs that do something with bombs could also be included to throw a bone to Y-wings, something like allowing any 1 speed template when placing bombs. E wings can have a system upgrade that comes in at 0 pts that helps out the generics with some action economy, something like free evade or boost when equipped with an R7 droid. Or title. Either way. X-wing fix TBD. (I would prefer a rogue squadron title granting evade action for T-65s only, as well as an EPT slot for PS4)

Financially, FFG would be crazy not to do some sort of T-65 X Wing tie-in for Rogue one at the end of the year. Will that be Rebel Veterans?

Even though Rogue One isn't actually about Rogue Squadron at all?

There is no way to tell. The name 'Rogue Squadron' does not appear in the films, or any canon source I know of. The books have been relegated to legends status. This means that the name could be used in a different context than the one you are used to.

There was a 'Rogue Group' of course, but that seemed to be a couple of snowspeeders. I don't know what more is behind that, and I am looking forward to finding out. Maybe X-Wings play a role, and maybe not.

Set pics from Rogue One have already shown a black and grey X-wing on set so they will as long as these pics are real.  http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2016/01/rumor-new-pictures-from-rogue-one-leaked.html

The pack MUST include an E-wing, no buts about it.  And then let's finally get that X-wing (T-65) fix so that we actually see some other than Biggs.  Sure the T-65 has the most pilots for Rebels already, but that is the name of the game.  And TIE Fighters already have 10, so why can't the old X-wing have 10 as well?  Y doesn't need help, nor do Z-95s (Although new pilots would be great, but oh well).  K-wings are too new, so they can wait.  And no one wants more HWK models (pilots sure, but not actual models).  A and B have been done already, and T-70 just came out, so it HAS to be the E and T-65.  ...Although Y and Z aren't completely out of the question, but don't bet on it.

Rebel Vets is probably after Wave IX so it can tie into Rogue One for a neat new T-65 paint scheme.

Edited by tortugatron

X Wings have more pilots then they could ever need and FFG has already released several fixes for them through other means. They won't get a fourth release of pilots nor should they.

You know that we are going to want those Rogue One pilots. This is the only way we get them. The game is called X-wing so I want to see some **** classic X-wings on the table! The problem with T-65s is that only 1 is good and 3 are ok. 2 or 3 might be able to be saved with rebel vets an maybe even get another great pilot. The TIE fighters have a lot of really good options (and a couple garbage ones but most are good).

Well as it stands:

E-Wing: This is the only rebel ship that needs help - Other than Horn this seldom gets played - most likely ship to be included.

X-Wing: This ship needs it's fix more widely distributed. Could possibly use a small boost.

Attack Shuttle: This is a good ship to include seperate from the Ghost with some non-unique pilots, so that ppl who want to play more than 1 can get it tru a seperate channel. However, since the Ghost is so new, unless Rebel Vets is only coming out next year, this seems unlikely.

YT-1300, T-70 X-Wing: The TFA movie had a bunch of new pilots (and crew) although I don't think an expansion with these guys will come out this year. Late next year as a run up to episode VIII seems more logical from a marketing stance.

HWK-290, Y-Wing, Z-95 Headhunter: Older ships which could use an update (they could use new pilots) - all of them work fine now. Without knowing more about Rogue One, we can't omit the fact that it is possible that for these to appear in the movie with a movie tie in. Also as they are all shared with Scum, these could be included in a Most Wanted II style box with more pilots for both factions (Rebels are also on the Wanted list by Imperials after all). 

Blah.. I hope they don't release -more- T-65 pilots, there are already a ton of them. Y-wings could use more love, there are lots of Hawk pilots spread across the two factions. Imp Veterans includes more Punisher stuffs and that ship is practically a brand new, maybe we'll see more stuff for the K-wing?

I think an interesting thing about these Rebel Vets threads is the general consensus of "Basically every Rebel fighter needs a fix. X-Wing, Y-Wing, E-Wing, HWK-290, A-Wing, and with the sharp drop in B-Wing use, i guess that too. Almost all Rebel fighters need fixes."

I mean, every post has 2 different fighters that said poster believes needs a buff. "It's definitely gonna be an E-Wing and a Y-Wing." "Obviously the fix is for the T-65 and the HWK-290." "No, it's gotta be for the Y-Wing and the X-Wing! The Y-Wing needs more pilots, and Integrated Astromech didnt do enough!" "I'm tired of Corran being the only E-Wing pilot, and a HWK fix is well over-due. Definitely those two."

Compare that to the Imperials, where the only fixes for Imperial ships that could possibly be needed is a Firespray fix. Maybe a Punisher fix? But that was more of an ordnance thing, and we're still waiting to see just how good ordnance chips does. 

Just an interesting thing to note.

Edited by Razgriz25thinf

Actually most of the Rebel ships don't need a fix - the decrease in popularity of particular ships are basically a shift in the meta. The Y-Wing, HWK-290, A-Wing and B-Wing certainly do not need to be "fixed".

What most people want is a wider distribution for the Integrated Astromech for X-Wing, and more pilots for the Y-Wing, HWK-290 and Z-95 - the rest of the ideas are just tossed out cos aside from the E-Wing no other ship really needs patching. People are asking for Y-Wing shuttles (has appeared in Legends), HWK-290 bombers (has appeared in Canon) or ways to vary old ships to try new things.

Rebels are OP enough. We need another Imperial vets to make up for the lame half measure we are getting this time around.

Very dissapointed in FFG.

Wait are you-

are you being serious? I genuinely can't tell here without, like, body language, inflection, tone, etc.

I hope you're not being serious. Because i could talk about how wrong this is for days. 

Actually most of the Rebel ships don't need a fix - the decrease in popularity of particular ships are basically a shift in the meta. The Y-Wing, HWK-290, A-Wing and B-Wing certainly do not need to be "fixed".

What most people want is a wider distribution for the Integrated Astromech for X-Wing, and more pilots for the Y-Wing, HWK-290 and Z-95 - the rest of the ideas are just tossed out cos aside from the E-Wing no other ship really needs patching. People are asking for Y-Wing shuttles (has appeared in Legends), HWK-290 bombers (has appeared in Canon) or ways to vary old ships to try new things.

The problem boils down to this: Unless you're a turret ship, and only a few of those exist(and even then some of them do have this), you need to have repositioning actions in order to win the game, simple as that. The reason why X-Wings arent good has not as much to do with their durability, and more to do with that in a meta where every ship boosts, barrel rolls, or both every turn, a ship that cant do any of that is more prone to being arc dodged, and you can't win if you cant shoot at your intended target. This is why the T-70 was a straight upgrade to the T-65, simply because it had boost, and, on top of that, it had Tallon Rolls, which were a unique maneuver that gave a small leg up on opponents. 

The second problem is that Rebel ships like the A-Wing cost a point less than a TIE Interceptor, but throw an entire less attack dice than it, in exchange for shields, which the TIE Interceptor seems perfectly okay without. In short; Rebel ships cost more points, and it's much, much harder to fill point space than with Imperials, since the cheapest options boil down to an A-Wing, a T-65, or a Z-95. Z-95s are weak at the moment, and will always be worse than TIE Fighters due to a lack of barrel roll(and a lack of synergistic abilities, with the exception of Airen Cracken who is worse in every meaningful way compared to Howlrunner). A-Wings are too expensive, and the only way to make them affordable is to give up their most important upgrade slot. X-Wings are still just as bad because IA didn't address the root problem which was a lack of repositioning, instead choosing to add durability in a meta age where durability means nothing when you can not take damage and your maneuvers dont mean as much because you can just boost and barrel roll away and still have tokens for days.

The HWK-290 is just such a disaster i dont even know where to begin addressing what's wrong with it. It needs 2 attack, an additional shield, a K-Turn, cheaper unique pilots, and so on. It just straight up needs a complete overhaul. Re-do the HWK-290.

B-Wings are, IMO, better than X-Wings no matter what. 3 guesses why. (It's because it has barrel roll and a 2 K). Even still, it's a ship where every attack against it will hit, and usually does not survive very long in-game regardless. People are realizing that with a excessively powerful Imperial meta with Vader and ATC, Soontir(like that's anything new), Omega Leader, Inquisitor, and the incoming TIE/D title, the B-Wing is shaping up to be useless, and people see that already, which is why B-Wings are seen less and less by the day.

We all know what's wrong with the E-Wing. It was designed in an age where higher numbers on the statline and more upgrade slots made a ship "better". Corran is the only pilot remotely worth what he's charged for. Much like the TIE Defender, the E-Wing doesnt do enough to justify what you're paying for it. Will it get a TIE Defender-like treatment? Hate to be pessimistic, but there are Rebel ships that have had fixes pushed for them that didn't really do much. I'm looking directly at Chaardan Refit, here. So, i'm not really holding my breath that any of the Rebel fixes incoming will do what they need to do.

The Y-Wing is weird. Competitively it sees a strong showing. But, only because of two upgrades: TLT, and R3-A2. Without those, it's not even worth taking. It needs pilots that have EPT slots and more modern, usable abilities. It also needs more options than just TLT on it. I'd like to see the lore-friendly torpedo boats, but eh. Dunno if that'll catch on or not.

Rebels are OP enough. We need another Imperial vets to make up for the lame half measure we are getting this time around.

Very dissapointed in FFG.

Wait are you-

are you being serious? I genuinely can't tell here without, like, body language, inflection, tone, etc.

I hope you're not being serious. Because i could talk about how wrong this is for days. 

thats clearly a fakepost, making fun of the imperial complaining threads that happened a lot around the time imperial vets was released

The problem boils down to this: Unless you're a turret ship, and only a few of those exist(and even then some of them do have this), you need to have repositioning actions in order to win the game, simple as that...

And this is why X Wing needs a 2.0 reboot, and the sooner the better IMO.

Could use pilots and needing a "fix" is quite different.

All the ships you have just mentioned can carry missile or torps. Give them a try with Guidance Chimps. The day and age of loading as many cheap unladen ship seems to have passed.

If anything is disappointing, it is the tendency to regard a (hypothetical) Rebel Veterans expansion as a 'fix' for existing ships, rather than a new expansion that brings options to actually expand the game and simply make it more fun.

"The Y-Wing should not be in Rebel Veterans because the Y-Wing doesn't need a fix." Get real. I'm not saying it must be a Y, but that reasoning really doesn't make a better game.

'Fixes' should be a very minor aspect of every expansion. Expansions should be so well designed that they don't need fixing.