Sign in to follow this  
Princezilla

Rebel Veterans

I think the problem isn't with any particular ships (except Scyks), but that Aces tend to dominate play and only the absolute most efficient generics can be played competitively. Most ships are not that far off from other, more competitive builds, but in competition every percentage point counts. No true hard counters to aces exist, only blocking and fielding your own aces. Control and now ordnance for spike damage help, and turrets pre-TLT did as well, but there is no sure fire go-to for aces outside a handful of lists.

So most ships need something to answer Acewing/boostwing. This is why the K-fighter, even with a PS ace with a deadly R1 attack, isn't showing up, no BR or boost to keep up, generics are not efficient enough to take over Z-95. And of course the K is just a scum X, so same things apply. Unless a ship has a gimmick to make up for not being hyper mobile it's left in the tackle box. Hence all the gimmicky 'fixes' for the various red headed step children in this game.

Basically, it's not the fault of the ships, it's the nature of the game that has caused Aces to be on top of the Meta year after year. Until there's an anti-ace build that can be used by multiple ships in all three factions we are going to be crying about all these broken ships forever, though they really aren't that bad off when compared to 95% of the pilot cards out there. Except the Scyk, it sucks.

Exactly. Personally I think the game plays a lot better at 150 points since aces tend to get swamped, so the lower pilot skill generics become more important, and mid pilot skill generics and aces gain a boost in popularity since they aren't just trying to out-fly PS9 aces any more.

Since when do Y-wings need help with versatility? They are the most diverse fighters out there! They are the go to ships for control now, especially the stress hog. Double tap title! Horton with EPT droid, deadeye, chimps and proton torpedoes should be a standard ship in an alpha strike fleet. Load em up with bombs too! Second cheapest bombers around, although a cool bomb droid would be great. The Y can do a lot of stuff, it's so full of options. Sure the rebels don't have the scum droids, but the reverse is true. And thank goodness there's no generic mod that gives a Y more greens because R2-D2 on a Y with even 2 or 3 more greens would be a monster. This ship doesn't need any more help, although I would love to see Tiree and Pops show up with EPTs.

The Y wing doesn't really need a fix per se, but some more pilots would be nice, but not having to invest gobs of cash (around $100 US, to be specific), would be nice too. The Stresshog shouldn't be the only real competitive option. Mostly, I'd like a couple more named pilots, and some generic vets all with a potential for EPT's. But perhaps EPTs might make Y wings OP.

Since when do Y-wings need help with versatility? They are the most diverse fighters out there! They are the go to ships for control now, especially the stress hog. Double tap title! Horton with EPT droid, deadeye, chimps and proton torpedoes should be a standard ship in an alpha strike fleet. Load em up with bombs too! Second cheapest bombers around, although a cool bomb droid would be great. The Y can do a lot of stuff, it's so full of options. Sure the rebels don't have the scum droids, but the reverse is true. And thank goodness there's no generic mod that gives a Y more greens because R2-D2 on a Y with even 2 or 3 more greens would be a monster. This ship doesn't need any more help, although I would love to see Tiree and Pops show up with EPTs.

The Y wing doesn't really need a fix per se, but some more pilots would be nice, but not having to invest gobs of cash (around $100 US, to be specific), would be nice too. The Stresshog shouldn't be the only real competitive option. Mostly, I'd like a couple more named pilots, and some generic vets all with a potential for EPT's. But perhaps EPTs might make Y wings OP.

Scum Ys with Deadeye and Agromech would be pretty brutal.

My dream list for Rebel Veterans:

X-wing Buff

Tycho in X-wing

Corran in X-wing

E-wing fix

Horton errata with EPT

Y-wing Diversity (more pilots and options in general)

Thats a long wish list, sir.

Today the Y-Wing already has the most diverstiy of all craft, the only thing missing is EPT.

Horton would never get a EPT printed on his card.

But there still is the possibility that a title could provide this.

Seems like the X-Wing needed another buff then.

It already got its defensive buff, just like the Tie Advanced got its offensive buff.

Would a generic X-wing only Astromech for 1 point that add the BR action to the acion bar fix the X-Wing in a way that ppl who want to play with X-Wings finally would play with X-Wings?

If we're making wish lists I'd like to see the following in Rebel Vets:

T-70 in Poe's colors
- Temen 'Snap' Wexley, Jess Pava, Nien Numb.
E-Wing
- some pilots...

T-65 Fix Card option #1
T-65 Fix Card option #2
T-65 Pilot Card: Tycho.
T-65 Pilot Card: Corran
E-wing Fix Card option #1
E-wing Fix Card option #2
Falcon upgrade bit (rectangular dish)
Pilot Card Falcon: Rey
Crew Card: Finn

Random thought just struck me, should the E-Wing get a 3 SLoop? On top of the fix, what ever it turns out to be, would a SLoop be a good thing for the E-Wing?

You can do that (once only) for 2 points with R2-D6 and Lightning Reflexes... a proper SLoop would go great with Targeting Astro though.

Edited by Lampyridae

Wishlist

It is quite the quandary. Personally, I don't think X-Wings should be in the box (We all probably have at least 3 already) but some upgrades geared to them should be. I would HOPE for HWK-290 and E-Wing, but with rogue coming out that seems unlikely. 

The issue with an E-Wing fix is that you have to take into account Corran. He is already a very strong pilot, so the card would have to be something that he would never use. Something like a gunner that would essentially negate his ability but would boost all the other pilots. 

Logic

What will actually be in it? X-wings and probably Y-wings to coincide with Rogue since they show the Yavin cell. 

Wishlist

It is quite the quandary. Personally, I don't think X-Wings should be in the box (We all probably have at least 3 already) but some upgrades geared to them should be. I would HOPE for HWK-290 and E-Wing, but with rogue coming out that seems unlikely. 

The issue with an E-Wing fix is that you have to take into account Corran. He is already a very strong pilot, so the card would have to be something that he would never use. Something like a gunner that would essentially negate his ability but would boost all the other pilots. 

Logic

What will actually be in it? X-wings and probably Y-wings to coincide with Rogue since they show the Yavin cell. 

My money is still on Ys and Es as a counterpoint to the Empire version with Bombers and Defenders.

I'm looking forward to anything that helps the E wing. Even another unnamed but with an ept would be fantastic

Wondering if they will do a title or an E wing specific upgrade be it a system or a druid. Maybe a droid that adds a tech slot and include a new tech item that gives the E a unique boost for no/little cost like the T/Av

Since I just ordered a Colonial Viper from Shapeways to use as an E-Wing (or A-Wing), anything that makes it more viable is fine by me. I just want to be able to field an E other than Corran without feeling like I've shorted myself.

I'm going against the prevailing opinion it seems, but I'd love another X-Wing. Just give us some way of enhancing its maneuverability so it isn't always left looking lost when Interceptors and A-Wings are on the table.