Sign in to follow this  
Marinealver

Proof that Prequel ships will be in Wave 9.

I for one would *hate* to see the N1 in this game. That, along with Podracers and JarJar are too strong of a reminder about how terrible the prequels were. That said I wouldn't have a problem with many other prequel ships, probably because they tend not to have a strong connection with the Phantom Menace.

I for one would *hate* to see the N1 in this game. That, along with Podracers and JarJar are too strong of a reminder about how terrible the prequels were. That said I wouldn't have a problem with many other prequel ships, probably because they tend not to have a strong connection with the Phantom Menace.

Menace wasn't as bad as people make it out to be. Yeah Jar Jar was lame and there were some questionable character direction but it had a cohesive plot unlike AotC and the Duel with Maul was one of the best saber fights in the entire series.

Edited by Princezilla

Menace wasn't as bad as people make it out to be. Yeah Jar Jar was lame and there were some questionable character direction but it had a cohesive plot unlike AotC and the Duel with Maul was one of the best saber fights in the entire series.

I hated that lightsaber fight. Was it choreographed well? Sure. That's all it had going for it though, the complete lack of emotion from anyone involved killed it for me. Both of the Vader vs Luke fights were *miles* better.

With a few notable exceptions like the weird yellow ship in the OP, the prequel ships themselves seem fine to me. The republic cruisers, gunships, and fighters look like Star Wars to me.

First, I was pleased to see so many likes to the OP...and then I saw there were five times as many likes on the first reply ;)

Second:

Third: I want the V-19 Torrent starfighter so very badly.

OH MY GOSH! I didn't think anybody else out there felt the same way I do about that ship! If they could find a way to get it into the game, well, I might just buy that expansion before I buy an XG-1 Starwing Assault Gunboat...and that's saying something!

How do you post images?  I finally figured out how to edit an image, now can't figure out how to put it on here.

Essentially it is like a + sign with either end longer.

Resistance: Rebellion: Republic at top, Scum in the middle, Separatists at bottom: Empire: First Order

I just use the image button on the forum toolbar. You place the image url so for pictures I made I use an imagehosting site to upload the image and copy the url.

That's what people don't get.

Who cares that The Republic turned into The Empire? The Rebellion made extensive use of both Seperatist AND Republic technology!

I can see a new slot for CIS and Republic ships. How about an Artifact slot that makes use of pilot skill? As for astromech I can see Republic using astromech slots and CIS using salvaged astromech slots. But I don't know what CIS ship would use salvaged astromech since many of them were already droids.

re: pictures,

I use Flickr, and it was kind of a pain to figure out, but when you get the image link, and paste it into the pop-up window to insert pictures on these forums, you have to cut out all the extra garbage before and after the "https://....jpg". It works like a charm.

Yeah....Haven't really entered the 21st century in technology yet.  I don't have image hosting accounts, what happened to posting things directly from your computer?  My new phone is a slide version with a keypad.  Just got a flat screen TV in December, I guess it has internet access, but haven't figured out how to use it yet.  My laptop is 3 years old, and the PC it replaced was around 10 years old when it gave up the ghost.

The good news is that I have been a Star Wars fan since the first movie, when I was like 5 or so.  My first Star Wars action figure came from Toyfair, and my dad went as a Montgomery Wards representative, and they gave away the figures rather than shipping them back, so my figures were the first in the wild, having received them BEFORE retail release.  Yep, I'm a dinosaur.

I would give the N1 a barrel roll. Rebels are really lacking ships that can do that.

So you get torpedo, astromech, and barrel roll.

Attack is 2, agility is 2 or 3 probably 2. Then probably 4 hit points. Cost of 14 maybe for ps2?

"Let's try spinning that's a good trick!"

So yeah, barrel rolls.

On a less silly note I feel three agility is more realistic and less likely to make them just over priced headhunters.

Edited by Princezilla

That price is 2-4 points too cheap for what it has.

Generic TIE Advanced Prototype Baron is the same cost, but doesn't have an OP, unlimited range pilot ability or an Astromech slot.

Edited by Vulf

I would give the N1 a barrel roll. Rebels are really lacking ships that can do that.

Attack is 2, agility is 2 or 3 probably 2. Then probably 4 hit points. Cost of 14 maybe for ps2?

So yeah, barrel rolls.

On a less silly note I feel three agility is more realistic and less likely to make them just over priced headhunters.

A rolling and a barrel rolling are to distinctive different maneuvers. Besides that, agility 2 it should be. What would be cool if we get distinctive anti-capital torpedoes for those torpedo slots. Something along the lines of

Anti-Capital Torpedo

ATK 5 

Range 1-5

Roll one less attack dice per agility point of the defender,  to a minimum of 2 dice.  

Basically counter-part of proton rockets which works against large and epics. 

Or am I the only one who thinks that missiles and torpedo's are not distinctive enough from each other? 

So yeah, barrel rolls.

A rolling and a barrel rolling are to distinctive different maneuvers. Besides that, agility 2 it should be. What would be cool if we get distinctive anti-capital torpedoes for those torpedo slots. Something along the lines of

Anti-Capital Torpedo

ATK 5

Range 1-5

Roll one less attack dice per agility point of the defender, to a minimum of 2 dice.

Or am I the only one who thinks that missiles and torpedo's are not distinctive enough from each other?

Just letting the defender double their agility like the single turbolasers do is a much simpler way of achieving the same effect.

And we see in Shattered Empire that these are on par with ties in agility not to mention the engine placement would by simple logic let then shift and turn on a dime.

Functionally I see then combining elements of an FO and a TAP but with a slightly weaker dial. They have torps like the TAP has missiles and trade the tech slot for a droid so with a bit less green on the dial to prevent certain droids from breaking it I think 15-16 is fine for the cheapest generic.

Its dial would be like the Scyk but with white two banks and no second longer k turn.

Edited by Princezilla

So yeah, barrel rolls.

Anti-Capital Torpedo

ATK 5

Range 1-5

Roll one less attack dice per agility point of the defender, to a minimum of 2 dice.

Just letting the defender double their agility like the single turbolasers do is a much simpler way of achieving the same effect.

And we see in Shattered Empire that these are on par with ties in agility not to mention the engine placement would by simple logic let then shift and turn on a dime.

Was not aware of the turbolaser variant. I like mine still better, though for Consistency is for sure better to use something that is in place already. 

Though we see nothing in Shattered Empire and we actually seem them as roughly equal to X-Wings in TPM. The engine placement is for this irrelevant as well. Without thrust vectoring it really does not help at all at least when you apply physics and mass, etc the usually stuff that star wars ignores :D 

So yeah, barrel rolls.

Anti-Capital Torpedo

ATK 5

Range 1-5

Was not aware of the turbolaser variant. I like mine still better, though for Consistency is for sure better to use something that is in place already. 

Though we see nothing in Shattered Empire and we actually seem them as roughly equal to X-Wings in TPM. The engine placement is for this irrelevant as well. Without thrust vectoring it really does not help at all at least when you apply physics and mass, etc the usually stuff that star wars ignores :D

64fjun.jpg

mujxoxk5oryt9bmfcfx7.png

This amazing and fun game will get very boring and slow if they bring in Prequel ships.  Z-wings and Tie fighters already have a low cost of 12, meaning 8 of them can be brought to a match.  Prequels will bring even lower cost Droid Vulture's and Tri Fighters and N-1!  A swarm of 8 is fun to see, but a swarm of 10+; I will fall asleep while you are setting your dials.  Then you would have grossly overpriced ARC-170's and an endless debate over which Jedi fighter should get created.  

Unless something's changed, I don't see a reason for them to involve the Separatist droid fighters. They were shut down at the end of The Revenge of the Sith. But manned Seppie craft are another matter entirely. 

As for allies well X-wing has that with the primary factions. Now of course Resistance and 1stOrder doesn't have enough ships to form their own faction so of course the logical step would be to blend them in existing factions Rebels and Imperials. But now the Rebels have become the Rebel Alliance faction and imperials have become the Galactic Empire faction. Sooner or later Resistance and 1stOrder might split making their own faction separate from Rebel Alliance and Galactic Empire. I mean the primary faction system could work and again the wheel is only IF FFG makes the prequel factions (the signs still point to no). I simply don't see CIS being Imperial. I definitely don't see Republic being Rebels, but I do see them allied with the Rebel Alliance and I can see Galactic Empire using old Republic ships as they phase them out for the TIE Fighters.

But for now the X-wing ally system is primary factions.

I don't see any reason to make a Resistance faction and a First Order faction separate from the Rebel and Galactic Empire factions. 

The First Order has their own production facilities, but they still have many older Imperial designs in service. And the Resistance is so desperate for men and materiél that they'd happily take T-65s and even Clone Wars-era craft like the Y-wing and Z-95. 

Even going into the next mainline saga films, it's safe to say that the New Republic's navy - between the New Republic's galactic demilitarization and the destruction of much of the New Republic's C&C (both civil and military) - will be desperate enough that they'll happily take the same old, beat-up birds that the Resistance has been using - including the 50+ year old ones. 

64fjun.jpg

mujxoxk5oryt9bmfcfx7.png

That's cool. Wish the N1s were shooting green lasers, though. 

I don't know the context, but if those are N-1 flown by Rebels I think it makes sense. Perhabs theiy got their cannons upgraded/unified with the rest of Alliance fleet or maybe the bolt colour corresponds to the type of gas/ammunition whatever they are using and was standarized with other crafts?

Both would be perfectly valid things to do from a logistical standpoint.

Edited by eMeM

I don't know the context, but if those are N-1 flown by Rebels I think it makes sense. Perhabs theiy got their cannons upgraded/unified with the rest of Alliance fleet or maybe the bolt colour corresponds to the type of gas/ammunition whatever they are using and was standarized with other crafts?

True. I'm not familiar with the context, either. But given that Leia and the mother of Poe are wearing Naboo flight gear in N1 fighters in Royal Naboo livery, it seems probable that they are flying ships fresh out from Theed. 

Of course, it's also possible that they were stolen from a boneyard along with the uniforms and that the Royal Naboo Space Fighter Corps and their yellow-and-chrome N1s have been replaced with TIEs and Imperial pilots loyal to the Empire, rather than to Naboo or Naboo's monarch (perhaps Royal Guards flying red TIEs due to Naboo's status as homeworld of the Emperor?). 

True. I'm not familiar with the context, either. But given that Leia and the mother of Poe are wearing Naboo flight gear in N1 fighters in Royal Naboo livery, it seems probable that they are flying ships fresh out from Theed. 

Of course, it's also possible that they were stolen from a boneyard along with the uniforms and that the Royal Naboo Space Fighter Corps and their yellow-and-chrome N1s have been replaced with TIEs and Imperial pilots loyal to the Empire, rather than to Naboo or Naboo's monarch (perhaps Royal Guards flying red TIEs due to Naboo's status as homeworld of the Emperor?).

They are from Theed but this is thirty years post PM so I'm sure their weapons got updated in that time.

What would be cool if we get distinctive anti-capital torpedoes for those torpedo slots. Something along the lines of

Anti-Capital Torpedo

ATK 5

Range 1-5

There's enough of a good idea here that I'd like to see it developed a bit more.

Something I'd add to this: if these weapons are going to be specific to anti-big ships, I'd like them to be dual cards. That way you can flip it over after you see your opponent's list, and have something that works decently against, say, Soontir Fel. Maybe one side doubles the defender's agility, but the other side adds a few tractor tokens on hit. Torpedo only so it can't be used by Blount!

They are from Theed but this is thirty years post PM so I'm sure their weapons got updated in that time.

Actually... No, they hadn't. The hangar had more or less been sealed since that first attack.