Sign in to follow this  
Marinealver

Proof that Prequel ships will be in Wave 9.

The N'1 Naboo Star Fighter was flown by Leia in Shattered Empire (Comic #004). It is a usable star fighter in the Rebellion Era... We have several (two) named pilots from the comics:

- Leia Organa

- Lt. Shara Bey

I wouldn't mind that one ship to be released in the game. It could be something like this:

x_wing_miniatures_game___custom_ship_n_1

(and a very "tricky" dial)

PS: there is Queen Sosha Soruna as pilot too.

PPS: the "pointy" things on the mini, however, would easily break. 

Dear god no, Leia in a Y-wing or bust!

The N'1 Naboo Star Fighter was flown by Leia in Shattered Empire (Comic #004). It is a usable star fighter in the Rebellion Era... We have several (two) named pilots from the comics:

- Leia Organa

- Lt. Shara Bey

I wouldn't mind that one ship to be released in the game. It could be something like this:

x_wing_miniatures_game___custom_ship_n_1

(and a very "tricky" dial)

PS: there is Queen Sosha Soruna as pilot too.

PPS: the "pointy" things on the mini, however, would easily break.

Dear god no, Leia in a Y-wing or bust!

When did Leia fly a Y Wing?

NOT one thin dime would i spend on these if they were released for this game.  

not even if it came with the upgrades cards of my wildest dreams.

NOPE. 

Like the ghost......it will not for any reason enter my collection. 

I don`t even have a good reason to not like the ghost , I just don`t care for it.

I'll give you ARC-170s as they do look cool even if they don't entirely make sense in terms of the evolution of the X-wing, but the space banana can die in a million Sun Crusher novas...

The, "YOU GUYS LIKE STAR WARS? HERE IS A TRIPLANE X-WING, THE PILOT EVEN SAYS ,"S-FOILS IN ATTACK POSITION. THAT'S SO STAR WARS RIGHT GUYS?"-Wing can also die.

******* early 2000's CGI **** show.

I don't know what's worse, the prequels or Alien 3. "HEY GUYS WE KILLED OFF ALL THE CHARACTERS YOU LOVED IMMEDIATELY AND SENT THE LONE SURVIVOR TO AN ALL MALE CONCRETE PRISON PLANET. WATCH ELLEN RIPLEY BE SUPER SAD AND BORED AND ALMOST RAPED FOR AN ENTIRE MOVIE AS THEY ATTEMPT TO FIGHT OFF A SINGLE XENOMORPH WITH NO WEAPONS JUST LIKE IN THE FIRST MOVIE. WHAT A GREAT IDEA FOR A SEQUEL."

To be fair, Alien 3 at least gets better with the directors cut....unlike ANY of the star wars films

There isn't one ship out there right now that would be uglier than the naboo fighter with that shiny banana color scheme. At some point they will have to start scraping the bottom of the barrel for ships (or reboot the game), but please don't scrape any barrel from naboo. Hopefully starkiller blew that place up.

I really don't understand the hate for the N1. Yes the Phantom mess sucked sooooooo bad that I want to never remember that stinker but many of the ships were nice designs.

The ships from new wars (T70) are far lamer designs. (the T70 is such a lazy design)

NOT one thin dime would i spend on these if they were released for this game.  

not even if it came with the upgrades cards of my wildest dreams.

NOPE. 

Like the ghost......it will not for any reason enter my collection. 

I don`t even have a good reason to not like the ghost , I just don`t care for it.

"Weak minded fool!"

Ummm....

I have a question.

Where's this "proof" promised in the thread title?

The fact that a ship that was pulled from Rebels was a reused design is not proof of anything.

There really is none, hence the  :P  I use on all my post when I am being slightly snarky and sarcastic. 

I just realize that the Gozanti was a ship in the prequels and know how much love there is for the prequels on this forum.

(I swear that the Holiday Special gets more love than the prequels :P )

ninja'd!

I never noticed that the R2 unit in the back couldn't possibly fit into that space without removing its 'arms'

R2 units enter from the bottom not the top. I also believe if I remember right the R2 units come apart as they get situated. Someone posted a photo on here before.

I think Wave 9 is your best bet.  It is "done" per Alex Davey in a pod cast three weeks ago, and they are just now working on wave 10.  based upon the Disney deal, they would have likely been in the initital development of Wave 9 when the mouse showed up.  Wave 10?  Probably new stuff and cartoon fodder.

It may be that Alex Davey was being super sneaky and leaked Wave 9 in a "pod" cast....

Here are the prototypes:

003_zps2800c5c5.jpg

Now this is pod cast racing!

also.. even the designers said.. No prequel ships.. this isn't about the prequel era.. its the rebellion and beyond. Ships that have tie ins that happen to be older are fine.. Y wing, and Gozonti for example.. so there is your proof.. they won't put the N1 or any other in the game. 

What faction would you even put that in?

It's Light Side, Dark Side, Other.

Republic goes with Rebels, Separatists go with Empire, Scum goes with Scum.

Republic is the Empire

Dookoo is a Rebel to the core

Scum stay Scum! (Although to be honest, Trade Fed sounds like S&V subfaction)

Well I have though of an alliance wheel in case they have split the Resistance and 1stOrder into their own factions for adding the prequel factions but still letting Rebels take Resistance ships and 1stOrder taking Empire ships. Points spent on ally ships will be restricted based on the total points spent on the list.

X_wing_alliance_Wheel.png

Basically you can only chose one ally adjacent to your primary faction. The point cost of the ally pilot and any upgrades equipped to that ship count towards your Ally Point Limit. Ally Point Limit is based on the total point cost (ally and faction) of your squadron list.

Ally point limits are as follows

• Less than 60 points 15 points of allies
  • 60-89 points 20 points of allies
  • 90-99 points 30 points of allies
  • 100+ points 40 points of allies

and for epic

• Less than 100 points (see chart above)
  • 100-149 points 40 points of allies
  • 150-199 points 50 points of allies
  • 200-299 points 75 points of allies and 2 epic points
  • 300+ points 100 points of allies and 3 epic points

A choice on some odd parings

• CIS & 1stOrder So perhapse a storyline out of KOTOR as both tend to search for Sith Artifacts and may have access to lost arcane technology like Star Forge. Both operate away from core systems. After all the CIS started the plans for the Death Star. Who knows what else they had.
  • Resistance and Scum and CIS: Well since both are lightly armed insurgents (the Rebel Alliance was well equipped at their time gaining allot of hardware from republic sympathizers) Having those two factions being forced to have dealings with the shadier folks of the Galaxy seems fitting.

Then again for those that think that scum should be full blown mercenaries there is this alternative.

X_wing_alliance_alt.png

I'll give you ARC-170s as they do look cool even if they don't entirely make sense in terms of the evolution of the X-wing, but the space banana can die in a million Sun Crusher novas...

The, "YOU GUYS LIKE STAR WARS? HERE IS A TRIPLANE X-WING, THE PILOT EVEN SAYS ,"S-FOILS IN ATTACK POSITION. THAT'S SO STAR WARS RIGHT GUYS?"-Wing can also die

I'm sorry sir, but you're an idiot.

Prequels have many flaws, but lazy design isn't one of them.

The, "YOU GUYS LIKE STAR WARS? HERE IS A TRIPLANE X-WING, THE PILOT EVEN SAYS ,"S-FOILS IN ATTACK POSITION. THAT'S SO STAR WARS RIGHT GUYS?"-Wing can also die

Go hate Star Wars someplace else.

Republic is the Empire

Well I have though of an alliance wheel in case they have split the Resistance and 1stOrder into their own factions for adding the prequel factions but still letting Rebels take Resistance ships and 1stOrder taking Empire ships. Points spent on ally ships will be restricted based on the total points spent on the list.

Basically you can only chose one ally adjacent to your primary faction. The point cost of the ally pilot and any upgrades equipped to that ship count towards your Ally Point Limit. Ally Point Limit is based on the total point cost (ally and faction) of your squadron list.

Ally point limits are as follows

• Less than 60 points 15 points of allies
  • 60-89 points 20 points of allies
  • 90-99 points 30 points of allies
  • 100+ points 40 points of allies

and for epic

• Less than 100 points (see chart above)
  • 100-149 points 40 points of allies
  • 150-199 points 50 points of allies
  • 200-299 points 75 points of allies and 2 epic points
  • 300+ points 100 points of allies and 3 epic points

A choice on some odd parings

• CIS & 1stOrder So perhapse a storyline out of KOTOR as both tend to search for Sith Artifacts and may have access to lost arcane technology like Star Forge. Both operate away from core systems. After all the CIS started the plans for the Death Star. Who knows what else they had.
  • Resistance and Scum and CIS: Well since both are lightly armed insurgents (the Rebel Alliance was well equipped at their time gaining allot of hardware from republic sympathizers) Having those two factions being forced to have dealings with the shadier folks of the Galaxy seems fitting.

Then again for those that think that scum should be full blown mercenaries there is this alternative.

X_wing_alliance_alt.png

I like the idea, but I think the wheel is off, and doesn't really fit quite right.  The First Order, and Resistance need to be at opposite ends, not connected with the Republic or Separatists.  I have no skill in manipulating pictures, sorry. 

Republic is the Empire

I like the idea, but I think the wheel is off, and doesn't really fit quite right.  The First Order, and Resistance need to be at opposite ends, not connected with the Republic or Separatists.  I have no skill in manipulating pictures, sorry. 

So I take it you would be more in favor of the first picture only switch sides with the CIS and Scum so that Scum is the buffer between 1stOrder and separatist factions. I would agree but I wanted to put the darkside factions all on one side and since CIS was controlled by Sith through Dooku and Sidious I think they match in the first one. besides all the unification factions (Republic, Galactic Empire, 1st Order)are next to each other and the separatist factions are close to each other with CIS only being separated from the Resistance. Also using the Republic as a starting point the ships do follow the timeline as an evolution of each ship with CIS being more of an enigma (as even the Jedi didn't know what was going on).

However I see your take as rival factions based upon eras should all be at opposite side makes the most sense but with 7 factions (the current 5 sub factions + 2 from the prequels) no two factions can be at opposite ends. Add the fact that you can only ally in one direction there will be no 1stOrder ships in a Resistance Squadron nor CIS ships in a Republic Squadron. however there might be list that share allies such as Imperials and Rebels sharing Republic ships which does make sense as it is a Civil War and the Alliance was composed of senators that broke away once the Imperial Senate was dissolved. It is apparent that both sides had Republic vessels in the early stages of the Civil War.

As for technology well technology and knowledge can get lost over time, but at top are the factions that have the most resources at their disposal while the bottom are the ones that have to do the most improvising to match the might of a galactic state.

X_wing_alliance_Ven.png

So this is the ven diagram I sort of made for the wheel showing my groupings.

As for imaging editing software I use MS paint so it shouldn't be too hard to edit.

Edited by Marinealver

I wouldn't be opposed to the N1.  The rebels got a reprieve in wave 8 with the ghost and the new X-wing, but they are still much more limited when it comes to unique, iconic ships compared to the other two factions.

I respectfully disagree,

The Game is called X-wing, and they have the X-wing.

I'd say in terms of "Unique, Iconic ships" the Rebels win hands down - the XWing, the Tantive, the Millenium Falcon, the B-wing, the Y-wing(not unique to them I appreciate)... All readily identifiable in the original trilogy.

Empire gets the TIE Fighter, and a bunch of TIE fighter variants... Their true "Iconic" ships being the various Star Destroyers which don't feature in this game (although they are iconic to the point that FFG came up with the Raider - a "mini star destroyer" looking ship, just to get it in the game).

So I take it you would be more in favor of the first picture only switch sides with the CIS and Scum so that Scum is the buffer between 1stOrder and separatist factions. I would agree but I wanted to put the darkside factions all on one side and since CIS was controlled by Sith through Dooku and Sidious I think they match in the first one. besides all the unification factions (Republic, Galactic Empire, 1st Order)are next to each other and the separatist factions are close to each other with CIS only being separated from the Resistance. Also using the Republic as a starting point the ships do follow the timeline as an evolution of each ship with CIS being more of an enigma (as even the Jedi didn't know what was going on).

However I see your take as rival factions based upon eras should all be at opposite side makes the most sense but with 7 factions (the current 5 sub factions + 2 from the prequels) no two factions can be at opposite ends. Add the fact that you can only ally in one direction there will be no 1stOrder ships in a Resistance Squadron nor CIS ships in a Republic Squadron. however there might be list that share allies such as Imperials and Rebels sharing Republic ships which does make sense as it is a Civil War and the Alliance was composed of senators that broke away once the Imperial Senate was dissolved. It is apparent that both sides had Republic vessels in the early stages of the Civil War.

As for technology well technology and knowledge can get lost over time, but at top are the factions that have the most resources at their disposal while the bottom are the ones that have to do the most improvising to match the might of a galactic state.

X_wing_alliance_Ven.png

So this is the ven diagram I sort of made for the wheel showing my groupings.

As for imaging editing software I use MS paint so it shouldn't be too hard to edit.

It would be much easier to make the Republic and CIS ships able to be used by Imperial, Scum and Rebels.

HAH! You cut those movies in two and you see lazy right Down the middle like rock candy but far less delicious.