Sign in to follow this  
YariSamurai

Imperial shield recovery

Hello fellow pilots,

is there a way to recover shields with imperial small ships such as the TIE Punisher or the TIE Defender? Which cards from which expansions do I need to do so?

Thank you and fly well,

YariSamurai

"For the cost of putting shields on all our TIEs, we could just build a couple of thousand more TIEs.  Easy."

Thematically, the Empire doesn't care enough about its pilots to go through the trouble of shielding their ships.  They're disposable assets.

Edited by DailyRich

Why does everyone say the Empire cares not for their pilots? They have extremely agile ships that can evade, as well as giving them sealed suits with full helmets so when they eject they can actually survive in the unlikely event they were actually hit in the first place. Imperial pilots might not have coffee makers and cup holders in their fighters but they do have what they need to get their job done.

Oh, and appearantly the rebels hire veteran pilots that believe they can survive vacuum without space suits. Silly piggy.

Not really. Recovery is really a rebel mechanic, with Gonk being a new exception for scum.

Scum has Gonk, Tel Travura, and IG88A.

Rebels have Miranda Doni, 3 Astromech droids, and Chewbaca crew. And R2-D2 crew.

Imperials have Instigator, the best faction recovery on an Epic Ship.

There are options available to all factions as well, such as Reinforced Deflectors.

There are also some Damage and Crit canceling abilities, such as Determination, Rebels' Integrated Astromech and the Empire's Jerjerrod.

Edited by Vulf

Not really. Recovery is really a rebel mechanic, with Gonk being a new exception for scum.

Scum has Gonk, Tel Travura, and IG88A.

Rebels have Miranda Doni, 3 Astromech droids, and Chewbaca crew. And R2-D2 crew.

Imperials have Instigator, the best faction recovery on an Epic Ship.

There are options available to all factions as well, such as Reinforced Deflectors.

There are also some Damage and Crit canceling abilities, such as Determination, Rebels' Integrated Astromech and the Empire's Jerjerrod.

Way to kill the tread. Point out all the facts.... That's not how the internets work! Now I can't ignorantly argue with fake rage!

I'd say imperial shield regen is basically evade tokens. Every time an x7 defender does a 3+ speed maneuver they essentially recover a shield (not always true but a close approximation). Same with a TAP acquiring a target lock while carrying the title.

I'd say imperial shield regen is basically evade tokens. Every time an x7 defender does a 3+ speed maneuver they essentially recover a shield (not always true but a close approximation). Same with a TAP acquiring a target lock while carrying the title.

except it's still not as good as regen.  It's one of the worst mechanics to be abused in this game.

I'd definitely be interested in hoping thru some games and keeping track of some Imperial Aces and similarly costed Rebel Regen ships and keep track of how many his have to actually be rolled to clear them. For example, most Poe builds I see are in the ballpark of 34-38ish points, and can regen several shields in a game. How much damage does he mitigate vs a 35 point Soontir Fel who just cancels most of them with dice?

The agility for the Empire USED to be their saving grace; however, with so many cards out there to boost the accuracy of hits, the agility value for Imperial ships doesn't mean nearly as much. Dealing with regen ships is a pain in the tush. I usually target them first. The most frustrating match I played (Emp Aces vs Poe regen another Ello Asty with regen [i can't remember which one had R2-D2 and which one had R5-P9] & stresshog. I took out the stresshog, but everytime I plinked a shield or two from his other ships, he would bug out that ship to recover shields. The match lasted the full 75 minutes and he took out Vader and my shuttle to win on points.

In a match where your opponent is just as maneuverable as your best ship AND they can recover shields, it's just a matter of time until they can wear you down.