Sign in to follow this  
Wytefang

Post here if you've found or purchased the Skavenblight set in stores somewhere!

FiendishDevil said:

Looks like my store got them in. I will pick them up later today and put up a spoiler sometime before midnight (PST).

Great, I will add them tomorrow if I will find time or at least friday to the card database.

Wytefang said:

I believe the Source (Mpls) will have them as well.  I think I'll get mine from Gamer's Den in Cambridge though...less tricky traffic and I want to support the smaller store. 

Then I look to forward to finally meeting you! And hopefully we can get in a game or two.

And compared to the Source, we are definitely a smaller store!

Wow, talk about a slow FLGS.  If our local games stores were THAT far behind the curve for a new release that's showing up everywhere else (at least in the USA), I'd dump them and either find a new one or just shop online, like you said.  Cheaper anyway, really, to do that.  And with board games creeping up in cost these days, it's almost a necessity.

I don't think the day is far away where this hobby will be bought and sold entirely through online e-tailers. 

Rakshasa said:

Plan 9 in Aberdeen think - and I stress this as being think - that they should be getting it in by the end of next week.

Had the Esdevium New Release sheet for next week and it's not on there sad.gif

Looks like first week of December for the Uk and the Euro stores that get stocked by them.

Wytefang said:

Wow, talk about a slow FLGS.  If our local games stores were THAT far behind the curve for a new release that's showing up everywhere else (at least in the USA), I'd dump them and either find a new one or just shop online, like you said. 

I don't think the day is far away where this hobby will be bought and sold entirely through online e-tailers. 

But do you want that? Where will you find new players without a good FLGS? And why not support some game geeks instead of some only for the money online shops.

Wytefang said:

Wow, talk about a slow FLGS.  If our local games stores were THAT far behind the curve for a new release that's showing up everywhere else (at least in the USA), I'd dump them and either find a new one or just shop online, like you said.  Cheaper anyway, really, to do that.  And with board games creeping up in cost these days, it's almost a necessity.

North America will always receive products before the RoW due to the nature of the economy built in to this kind of hobby. The UK and Europe barely makes up the turn over of one American state in some cases. As such I can understand the various manufacturers favouring their higher grossing markets. Unfortuantely a lack of same day world wide release dates leads to resentment and apathy toward some companies and products which only serves to cause customers to stop buying certain games, which sucks. FFG are notorious for their inability to launch products at the same time around the world, let's face it, half the time they won't even commit to when it will be available anyway. happy.gif

As for there ever being at time when there will be no B&M stores? That will never happen imo, internetters need B&Ms to generate new players and to provide venues. OK there may be community centres/scout huts/pubs used for events, but how often do you see MtG demo'd at the local YuGiOh tournament? It rarely, if ever, happens, demoing is the bastion of the B&M and an essential part of the gaming hobby.

Anyhoo, enough derailing, I'm miffed it won't be here for another week, but I will be buying three.........gran_risa.gif

Tallgeese said:

North America will always receive products before the RoW due to the nature of the economy built in to this kind of hobby. The UK and Europe barely makes up the turn over of one American state in some cases. As such I can understand the various manufacturers favouring their higher grossing markets. Unfortuantely a lack of same day world wide release dates leads to resentment and apathy toward some companies and products which only serves to cause customers to stop buying certain games, which sucks. FFG are notorious for their inability to launch products at the same time around the world, let's face it, half the time they won't even commit to when it will be available anyway. happy.gif

I was under the impression FFG licenses out their games to be produced by local companies in Europe. I know Spain and sometimes Italy will get their Thrones Chapter Packs before (sometimes by well over a week) before they are released in the US.

FFG went through a period where they gave pretty specific dates for when a product would be available and when that date slipped because of storms, customs, or error in printing customers got extremely upset. End result is they no longer give anything but the most generalized date for their products, which causes some dissatisfaction, but far less than the other way around.