Sign in to follow this  
eagletsi111

Does anyone have a good way to get dial apart

I have some of the new dials.    I'm trying to get the dials apart, I saw a video where the guy did it with his fingers.     Tried it but mine are hammered together, so I cannot get them apart.   Does anyone have any good ideas of the safest and easiest way to get them apart?

Thanks,

Tip: There is a piece "male" piece and a "Female" piece to the plastic dial fastener.  If you pry it up from the "Male" side using a knife/tool, it comes out very easily.  If you do so from the "female" side it will take forever and likely end up damaging the dial/your hands.

I found when I was trying to get them apart that I typically fastened my dials with my "male" side on the bottom.  Now that I know that, I can pry them apart in a few seconds each with no issues.

I took a deck of cards and slide one at a time between the dials on each side keeping them level so not to bend the dial. After a while it creates enough space to taken apart the plastic peg.

To start I used an x facto knife to carefully get enough room for the first card.

I got a long way into the project using a Mark 1 Thumbnail, but that did, eventually, get to be a bit much.

Finished off by carefully prying everything apart with a putty knife.

Easy squeezie.