WWHSD

FFG Email Ruling Collection

Ok. It's updated. I don't think that the two items I left in the initial post have been addressed in the FAQ. If I'm wrong please let me know.

To be fair the tractor beam one is pretty clear to most except for some real stubborn arguments. I'm not sure how many people continue to question this after the errata stating all obstacle effects are applied.

Ok. It's updated. I don't think that the two items I left in the initial post have been addressed in the FAQ. If I'm wrong please let me know.

To be fair the tractor beam one is pretty clear to most except for some real stubborn arguments. I'm not sure how many people continue to question this after the errata stating all obstacle effects are applied.

Those obstacle effects do have some specific timings that are not met by being barrel-rolled or boosted onto them. I don't really want to get into a deep discussion in this thread, but I think leaving it there until something more official makes it clear that you apply all effects from the obstacle regardless of timing probably isn't a bad idea. 

It looks like Frank has sent out another big batch of rules emails. If you received one and posted it in a relevant discussion thread and noticed that I missed adding it can I ask you to please either post a link to the post below or PM me the link to the thread.

Thanks. 

Edited by WWHSD

In response to your rules question:

Rules Question:

Boba Fett (crew) removing upgrades like Veteran Instincts and Hull Upgrade. If someone were to use Boba Fett (crew) to remove an upgrade like Veteran Instincts or Hull Upgrade, would that change the value those upgrades effect? So if T-65 X-Wing had hull upgrade so it had 4 hull, and had 3 damage cards assigned to it, then Boba was used to remove the hull upgrade, would that cause the X-Wing to removed because it now had 3 hull or would it be treated as if it still had 4 hull even with the upgrade gone. Same goes for Veteran Instincts would the PS value go down if that upgrade is removed? The reason I ask is because removing cards like Royal Guard TIE or R2-D6 don't mean the upgrades they allow to be assigned are also removed.

If Boba Fett removed an upgrade that changes ship stats (such as hull value of Pilot Skill), the value is changed. Royal Guard TIE and R2-D6 don’t have any effect since a ship’s upgrade bar only matters at the start of a game, losing or gaining slots during a game has no effect.

Thanks for playing,

Frank Brooks
Associate Creative Content Developer
Fantasy Flight Games

Rules Question:

Boba Fett (crew) removing upgrades like Veteran Instincts and Hull Upgrade. If someone were to use Boba Fett (crew) to remove an upgrade like Veteran Instincts or Hull Upgrade, would that change the value those upgrades effect? So if T-65 X-Wing had hull upgrade so it had 4 hull, and had 3 damage cards assigned to it, then Boba was used to remove the hull upgrade, would that cause the X-Wing to removed because it now had 3 hull or would it be treated as if it still had 4 hull even with the upgrade gone. Same goes for Veteran Instincts would the PS value go down if that upgrade is removed? The reason I ask is because removing cards like Royal Guard TIE or R2-D6 don't mean the upgrades they allow to be assigned are also removed.

If Boba Fett removed an upgrade that changes ship stats (such as hull value of Pilot Skill), the value is changed. Royal Guard TIE and R2-D6 don’t have any effect since a ship’s upgrade bar only matters at the start of a game, losing or gaining slots during a game has no effect.

Thanks for playing,

Frank Brooks

Fantasy Flight Games

fbrooks@fantasyflightgames.com

Thanks, it's been added.

saw a few on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/XWingTMG/comments/586s80/biggs_ffg_official_answer/

Just got an email response from frank

Rules Question: If I have a ship with Proton Torpedoes and I have a target lock on a Rookie Pilot next to Biggs, and both Biggs and the Rookie Pilot are at range 3, can I use the proton torpedoes to attack the ship next to Biggs?**

Yes. If you chose to use Proton Torpedoes (during step 1.ii of the Timing Chart for Performing an Attack), you cannot declare Biggs as the target of that attack, so his ability has no effect.

Thanks for playing,

Frank Brooks Associate Creative Content Developer Fantasy Flight Games fbrooks @fantasyflightgames.com

https://www.reddit.com/r/XWingTMG/comments/584rtc/official_ruling_on_drear4b11_interactions/

aym3srt.png

saw a few on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/XWingTMG/comments/586s80/biggs_ffg_official_answer/

Just got an email response from frank

Rules Question: If I have a ship with Proton Torpedoes and I have a target lock on a Rookie Pilot next to Biggs, and both Biggs and the Rookie Pilot are at range 3, can I use the proton torpedoes to attack the ship next to Biggs?**

Yes. If you chose to use Proton Torpedoes (during step 1.ii of the Timing Chart for Performing an Attack), you cannot declare Biggs as the target of that attack, so his ability has no effect.

Thanks for playing,

Frank Brooks Associate Creative Content Developer Fantasy Flight Games fbrooks @fantasyflightgames.com

https://www.reddit.com/r/XWingTMG/comments/584rtc/official_ruling_on_drear4b11_interactions/

aym3srt.png

**** that Karma *****. He posted a screen shot of the email instead of just copy and pasting in the text so he could get link Karma. 

The first one has already been added as it was also in a thread on this board, the second one with be added when I either find a text version of it or get around to typing it out.

Thanks.

Here you go (jpg to pdf to Word, so check for misspellings and character recognition errors).

Hello Kacper,

In response to your rules question: Rules Question:

Hello, I have a question regarding a combination of two cards: Drea Renthal (Scum Y-Wing pilot) and R4-B11 (Salvaged Astromech). For reference, this is the card text for each of them:Drea Renthal: After you spend a target lock, you may receive 1 stress token to acquire a target lock. RR4-B11: When attacking, if you have a target lock on the defender, you may spend the target lock to choose any or all defense dice. The defender must reroll the chosen dice. Most of the time, you will be acquiring a target lock on the defender. However, consider the following scenario: There are two TIE Fighters (#1 and #2) As well as Drea. #1 has 1 hull remaining and is locked by Drea. She fires at him, and rolls 1 hit; then the TIE fighter rolls 2 Evade results. Drea player uses R4-B11 to force his opponent to reroll the evade results; The question is what comes first: The opponent re-rolling his dice or Drea's ability triggering to acquire a target lock. If

re-rolling happens first, the Drea player gets to see if he destroyed his target before deciding who he wants to acquire the target locK on. If the re-roll happens after acquiring the target locK, the Drea player has to guess. Thank you for your time, Kacper M.

R4-B11 would fully resolve before you get the chance to resolve any "after you spend a target lock" abilities. That way, you would see the outcome of rerolling defense dice before you choosing to resolve Drea's ability.

Thanks for playing, Frank Brooks

Associate Creative Content Developer Fantasy Flight Games fbrooks@fantasyflightgames.com

Here you go (jpg to pdf to Word, so check for misspellings and character recognition errors).

Hello Kacper,

In response to your rules question: Rules Question:

Hello, I have a question regarding a combination of two cards: Drea Renthal (Scum Y-Wing pilot) and R4-B11 (Salvaged Astromech). For reference, this is the card text for each of them:Drea Renthal: After you spend a target lock, you may receive 1 stress token to acquire a target lock. RR4-B11: When attacking, if you have a target lock on the defender, you may spend the target lock to choose any or all defense dice. The defender must reroll the chosen dice. Most of the time, you will be acquiring a target lock on the defender. However, consider the following scenario: There are two TIE Fighters (#1 and #2) As well as Drea. #1 has 1 hull remaining and is locked by Drea. She fires at him, and rolls 1 hit; then the TIE fighter rolls 2 Evade results. Drea player uses R4-B11 to force his opponent to reroll the evade results; The question is what comes first: The opponent re-rolling his dice or Drea's ability triggering to acquire a target lock. If

re-rolling happens first, the Drea player gets to see if he destroyed his target before deciding who he wants to acquire the target locK on. If the re-roll happens after acquiring the target locK, the Drea player has to guess. Thank you for your time, Kacper M.

R4-B11 would fully resolve before you get the chance to resolve any "after you spend a target lock" abilities. That way, you would see the outcome of rerolling defense dice before you choosing to resolve Drea's ability.

Thanks for playing, Frank Brooks

Associate Creative Content Developer Fantasy Flight Games fbrooks@fantasyflightgames.com

Much appreciated.

looks like you got mine about Kanan, i also got this one i never made a thread for revolving around manaroo and TLs

Rules Question:

Can Manaroo pass red targetlocks onto another ship when she passes focus, evade, and blue targetlock tokens assigned to her ship?

Yes, in fact if you choose to use her ability you must. When you use Manaroo’s ability, you assign all focus, evade, and target lock tokens (red and blue) to the friendly ship.

Thanks for playing,

----

Which i find to be utter BS and makes 0 sense that you can pass a lockon from a computer you arent operating to another ship, but ruling is a ruling.

Which i find to be utter BS and makes 0 sense that you can pass a lockon from a computer you arent operating to another ship, but ruling is a ruling.

It's called slicing bro. I hear that Manaroo once sliced the Gibson.

Adding it now.

I mean... How do you pass 'being really focused' or 'pulling a sick dodge move' to another ship? Gameplay has to deviate from fluff sometimes.

Here's a very edge-case scenario that came up in another thread (can't find it...), I think about the TIE Striker title "Adaptive Ailerons".

In summary:

If the TIE Striker bumps another ship during it's "Adaptive Ailerons" pre-maneuver-maneuver, it will not skip the Perform Action step after its actual maneuver.

The situation can currently happen with a weird setup of Tycho and Lando, which is what I explain in the question.

Quite happy with this ruling. Would've been very weird otherwise, IMO.

Hello Kevin,

Rules Question:
Hi!

The Rules Reference (p.3) states the following: "A ship must skip its 'Perform Action' step if it overlapped another ship while executing a maneuver."

Does this rule apply in the following scenario?

1. Lando executes his maneuver

2. Lando's ability gives a free action to Tycho

3. Tycho performs Daredevil, executes a 1 hard left maneuver and overlaps a ship.

4. Other ships activate.

5. Tycho activates, and performs the maneuver on his dial. This maneuver does NOT cause him to overlap

6. Tycho performs his action??

Does Tycho get to perform his action?

Thank you,

A ship only skips its “Perform Action” step when it overlaps another ship during the “Execute Maneuver” step of the Activation phase. So Tyco would not skip his “Perform Action” step in your example.

Thanks for playing,

Frank Brooks

Fantasy Flight Games

For reference:

swx63-adaptive-ailerons.png

I heard you like email rulings, so I've got an email ruling about email rulings for your email rulings thread!

Hello Klutz,

In response to your rules questions:

Rules Question:

> Hi! I'd like to say that I'm really loving the recent FAQ updates - especially the Timing Chart!!

> My question today is very "meta".

> Should answers to rules questions you send out via email be considered official rulings until they are included (or reversed) in a future FAQ update?

> Thanks,

As of late, I only answer rules questions for things that I can point to in the rules or the FAQ so that the person I respond to can use the same logical thinking. Previously there were situations where my response was the official answer that I was planning to include in the upcoming FAQ. Using the current philosophy, nobody will feel compelled to go an to event with an emailed response from me to “argue their case.” I am attempting to only give answers that would be the same answer that a judge or any player could conclude using the materials they have available to them.

Thanks for playing,

Frank Brooks

Fantasy Flight Games

Edited by Klutz

"In response to your rules question:

Rules Question:

X-Wing Rules Question: Boba Fett Crew and Ghost/Phantom titles. If a Boba Fett Crew card effect is used to remove the Ghost title from a ship with a docked Phantom, and that ship has an equipped turret that would allow an end-of-combat turret attack, is the second attack still allowed once the Ghost title is removed? 

Since the Ghost title is removed, the Phantom’s ability does not apply since it is no longer equipped to the ship with the Ghost title.

Thanks for playing,

Frank Brooks
Fantasy Flight Games

So Franks answer is basically "it's not an official ruling, but this is how we do it."

I read it as more of a "anyone would come to the same conclusion if they knew how to read between the lines in the rules". He's no longer answering question where he needs to make some **** up on the spot, just the ones that he's actually able to point to existing rules and precedents and say "it works like this".

Rules Question:

The newly-released IG-88-D crew allows a ship to (with a surviving IG-88-B pilot) fire a cannon after missing an attack roll. The Gunner crew allows a ship to fire its main weapon after missing an attack roll. Could a ship with a Cannon, a Gunner, and the necessary IG-88s miss its first attack and then trigger both add-on attacks, resolving them both, possibly causing a ship to hit with both its cannon and main weapon in the same turn? Or, does the "immediately" on Gunner imply that if it and the IG-88 ability are both triggered, the Gunner one must be chosen to resolve first, thereby preventing the ship from making any more attacks? thanks

As clarified in the latest FAQ, if you were do attack with a cannon and miss, both Gunner and IG-88B’s ability would trigger and when you get to step 9 of the timing chart you could chose to resolve one of them and then next time you get to step 9 you can resolve the other.

Thanks for playing,

Frank Brooks
Fantasy Flight Games
Edited by skotothalamos

just fyi, I am sending a plethora of rules questions to FFG as a part of the vassal league starting up and in dire need of some rulings. I will post them here when I receive replies. Here is the list of questions asked-

-Maarek Steele's interaction with I'll Show You the Dark Side

- The U-wing using the landing side of the title when revealing a stop maneuver while stressed (can currently turn around and go 2 straight as the "penalty" of revealing a red when stressed lol)

-Does using Jyn when there is no enemy ships in arc still count as an action or do you get to choose another

-Does Targeting Synchronizer allow another friendly ship to use your target lock to reroll dice

-Kanan Jarrus + new Falcon title (this one I'm not sure even needs a FAQ at all but it was requested to be asked)

-Omega Leader's various interactions with M9-G8 as well as with Snap Shot

-timing window of Hotshot Co-pilot, before or after rolling dice (at least I think that's what the player who brought it up was asking lol)

-What happens when a player triggers ISYTD and there are no pilot crits in the deck (also think this will be a simple reply. Something like  "they look at the deck and apply no card")