Sign in to follow this  
Sorcerious

Flight of the Stormcaller

Hello fellow adventurers,

I'm eagerly awaiting the next AP to arrive in the Dream Chaser cycle, however it's been On The Boat since 1/28.

Does anybody know if this is normal? I've never seen anything this long on the boat with FFG (I don't check it that often though) and I thought the AP's were supposed to be released shortly after the Deluxe expansion.

My local FLGS had it slated for a February release.

What's going on? I'm quite curious.

I've seen this happen with some other companies (and this one) before. It has been weather, dock strikes, and customs before. Customs can be a real pain because the whole boat can be held back for a container that ffg had nothing to do with.

It seems to be shipping with lots of reprints, too. Shelves should fill up when this boat finally unloads!

The answer is simple. There is a new season of GoT starting soon, but no new Tolkien media (likely ever). I mean, it sure stinks, but the wide attention given to GoT and Star Wars in the mainstream means it makes economic sense to focus on those lines (especially since GoT recent second edition makes it a much cheaper game to dive into right away).

Luckily for me I just discovered LOTR LCG, so I have a long way to go before I'm chomping at the bit for new stuff. However, as a former diskwars and current WHQ player, I feel your pain.