Sign in to follow this  
brystrom1

Dengar and...?

So I've only gotten a chance to run Dengar once (with a gunner/bossk/gonk/EU Slaver) and had a blast before turning to the dark side and running 3 scouts, which btw I suck with. Looking forward to getting ol Dengar back into the fray and have a ridiculous number of lists built around him but thought I'd ask the hivemind what they've had fun/success pairing the mean bastard with.

Edited by brystrom

Then go ask reddit. :)

I played him (the pilot, not crew) last night. Once with twin G1As, one with 4LOM, the other with Boba Fett crew. Was not bad. Next game, ran him with a Dorsal Turret Kavil and Binyare Pirate, cared less for those companions. My Dengar was strong in both, with Wired/Experimental Interface/Gonk/Unhinged/Title.

Dengar crew I've put in a VI or PTL Kath to good effect.

Then go ask reddit. :)

Saw it before the edit :-) ....I did ask reddit but I'm not cool enough for those cats apparently.

I'm really tempted to run him with a budget Iggy built for tanking shots.

JumpMaster 5000: · Dengar (33)

Push The Limit (3)

Engine Upgrade (4)

K4 Security Droid (3)

· Punishing One (12)

Unhinged Astromech (1)

Aggressor: · IG-88C (36)

· Lone Wolf (2)

Sensor Jammer (4)

Autothrusters (2)

-- TOTAL ------- 100/100p. --

Just the primaties on Iggy C but on boost turns he'll be a ***** to hit I'd think especially if Dengar stripped a focus from whoever is shooting at him.

Edited by brystrom

I've run Dengar with 4-LOM and again with Zuckuss but I think he needs someone just as elusive as him to stand up to the inevitable focusing. I'm also looking at the Aggressor. IG-88B with Adapt, Flechette, Sensor Jammer, and Autothrusters. But I'm torn between B and C. The only reason I'm going B is for the built in offense.

I've thought about

Dengar 33

Title 12

R4 2

Rec spec 3

PTL 3

Eu 4

OR

Dengar 33

Title 12

Predator/PTL 3

R5-p8 3

Gonk 2

Experimental interface 3

With

Mando merc 35

Boba 1

Mango 4

Predator 3

I might have to look at a lone IG for the squirrelly-ness

I strongly advise not putting Gonk or K4 Droid on Dengar. Those two droids are traps.

Run some combination of Predator, Lone Wolf, Recon Spec, R4 Agromech and Tactician. Possibly with a Glitterstim.

I like:

Predator with Recon Spec

VI with Recon Spec and R4 Agromech

Lone Wolf with Recon Spec

Predator with Tactician

I've only played Dengar once but my preferred build is PtL, unhinged astro, K4 droid, Punishing One, and engine upgrade. Season with favorite illicit upgrade. It's the scum equivalent to super Dash (except he'd carve Dash to ribbons).

In the one game I've played, I used Guri with lone wolf, Virago, adv sensors, cloaking device, and autothrusters. It went really, really well but it was one of those fluky games. The idea is to run Guri up the gut to tempt the opponent into the middle of the board, and have Dengar slip around behind. Then decloak, barrel roll/boost, and maneuver somewhere far away. The enemy is out of position, and getting pummeled.

It feels sort of like the Dash/Corran list of old but far more exciting to fly. Guri certainly does have some bad matchups, but Dengar can handle high PS aces.

Next, I plan to try the above Dengar build with three pirate Zs with feedback arrays. They're good all-round filler. It would operate more like Fat Han and 3 talas, but more offensively minded than Solo's damage mitigation crew and title.

I strongly advise not putting Gonk or K4 Droid on Dengar. Those two droids are traps.

Run some combination of Predator, Lone Wolf, Recon Spec, R4 Agromech and Tactician. Possibly with a Glitterstim.

I like:

Predator with Recon Spec

VI with Recon Spec and R4 Agromech

Lone Wolf with Recon Spec

Predator with Tactician

Care to elaborate?

While I agree on Gonk, K4 is most likely the best crew Dengar can pick, if only because it gives 0 **** about blocks and action denial. Coupled with Unhinged Astromech, he has a lot of freedom to counter opposing strategies. Why is it a trap?

I ran him in a list twice tonight.

Dengar: title, Adaptability, Rec Spec, R4 Agro (50)

Black Sun Soldier: Concussion Missiles, Guidance Chips (17)

Black Sun Soldier: Concussion Missiles, Guidance Chips (17)

Black Sun Soldier: Proton Rockets, Guidance Chips (16)

100 Points

The Headhunters hopefully get off their alpha strikes and then proceed to block if lower while Dengar comes in from a different angle and plays clean up man.  I don't know how good the list is yet but I won both games and had fun flying it.