Sign in to follow this  
Velvetelvis

Vessery ability , has to wait a turn or no?

Lets say Vessery ability triggers.and he gets a T.L. immediately after rolling attack dice.

Can he use that TL on that roll or is it too late but he has a TL for the next time he gets a chance to shoot?

I guess I'm trying to figure out if his ability is ....amazing....or very bland.

He gains a TL and can immediately use it to reroll dice in that attack.  His ability is amazing, but it requires a buddy to spot for him, and he has a low pilot skill so getting guns on target can be challenging.

(This is how Overclocked R4 works, as well - if you spend the focus to fire, you get a lock you can use immediately, but you could also potentially spend the focus to modify dice (including 0 dice) then pick up a TL and reroll dice with it during the attack).

Lets say Vessery ability triggers.and he gets a T.L. immediately after rolling attack dice.

Can he use that TL on that roll or is it too late but he has a TL for the next time he gets a chance to shoot?

I guess I'm trying to figure out if his ability is ....amazing....or very bland.

It's amazing. Totes.

He works very well with TIE Adv Protos w/the V1 title, since they want to TL everything in sight.

He gains a TL and can immediately use it to reroll dice in that attack.  His ability is amazing, but it requires a buddy to spot for him, and he has a low pilot skill so getting guns on target can be challenging.

(This is how Overclocked R4 works, as well - if you spend the focus to fire, you get a lock you can use immediately, but you could also potentially spend the focus to modify dice (including 0 dice) then pick up a TL and reroll dice with it during the attack).

Not to pick nits but r4 agromech. Overclocked r4 is the spend focus get stress and focus guy.

It's amazing. Totes.

He works very well with TIE Adv Protos w/the V1 title, since they want to TL everything in sight.

And regular TIE Advanced pilots with the X1 title and Advanced Targeting Computer, since they don't want to spend the TL once they have it.

Without EPT pilot skill modification The Inquisitor (PS8) would have an opportunity to spend his TL before Colonel Vessery (PS6) would get to trigger his ability. Where as, a higher pilot skill TIE Advanced pilot (Darth Vader, Juno Eclipse, & Maarek Stele) with the X1 title and Advanced Targeting Computer will still maintain their TL after their attack. 

If you use the TIE Advanced Prototype with the v1 title either: modify Colonel Vessery's pilot skill, fly with lower PS TIE Advanced Prototype pilots (like the Baron of the Empire), or go crit-tacular with TIE Advanced ace pilots and the Advanced Targeting Computer.