Sign in to follow this  
Holmelund

A new video of suspect Dial handling

Sure, but he does all this when the opponent is away from the table.

Surely, even if you have an ability that lets you change the dial, you are obliged to wait until the opponent is back at the table, since all (at least to my recollection) of those abilities have limits that are dependant on your previously chosen maneuver.

Speaking of, is there any ruling on making your moves while the opponent is not at the table, in the first place?

Well it shouldn't come up at all shoudl it?  If your opponent leaves the table during a timed match and you're compelled to wait for them, then that's surely time wasting on their part.  Either you should carry on in their absence, or they should be penalized for time wasting, assuming you can't get the TO to give your table an extension (which I assume they could in this situation where one player was the TO).

Ok, after my first posting I took some time to collect "evidence" and I completely changed my mind.

I wanted to be 100% sure about this, so I downloaded the video and edited it with a video-editing-software

- zoomed in on the dial

- slowed the speed down to 25%

- readjusted colours and brightness

You can see the result right here:

Now it's even possible to count the amount of maneuvers he skipped. So you can tell, that he changed his dial from a 1bank (which would have bumped him and cost him Vader) to a 2bank.

This means: Not only did he betray me in that game, but he also pitifully lied to me afterwards.

I hope that FFG bans this cheater forever. I never ever want to meet him on an X-Wing-game again.

Wow. That's impressive. I clearly saw the dial rotate in the same fashion as you concluded. I couldn't tell which move it was exactly, but I counted 4 moves on the dial.

I'm not sure what pisses me off more, the dial switch or the streaming site labeling their faction as "Imperium."

Well that is what they are playing, what's your problem with the caption?

They are playing Imperial not Imperium. Imperium is Warhammer 40K human empire.

They are playing "Imperium", as in the german world for empire. As in "Das Imperium schlägt zurück", the german title of esb. On top it imperial is an adjective, so it would be wrong in german and english. The Rebels are not playing "rebellious" either. Imperial players would be playing "empire" or "galactic empire".

/facepalm

No. Not enough facepalm.

Triple_facepalm_by_pip3r_cz-d3e6t06.jpg

Edited by SEApocalypse

And he is also temporary suspended now.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/spolicy/

Good. He ain't the first and he will not be the last. As this case is clear I hope he gets 2 years. It unfortunate that the first ban was so short, else I would be hoping for more, but it would be unrealistic to demand more in context how much bigger John Pierson Payne's offense was.

Is it healthy or helpful to post these kind of one-off instances of cheating on public boards? They are rare. They are dealt with locally. All posting them here does is prime a bunch of players to actively look for instances of cheating. Then they post what they think was cheating(it wasn't, in a couple of recent cases) and the feedback reinforces itself. It makes the game worse for all of us.

Just report it to your TO's and keep it off the net.

No, people need to realize that there are some legitimate cheaters that play this game and to be on guard.

Accusations of cheating are only poison for fun if you're one of those militant casuals that isn't actually cheating, but gets salty even though he has nothing to hide.

I've been playing this game for over a year, most games in tournaments. I've been damage deck checked exactly zero times. If I was a cheater, I could take out a handful of cards and I would never get caught. Can't accuse anyone of cheating, that's poisonous to fun, right?

Accusations about loaded dice are ridiculous, however all the accused player has to do is swap dice.

Also, even if he never changed his dial, he still cheated. You have to ask/notify your opponent that you're doing that beforehand.

This is how much of a stupid hugbox this place is, we can't even discuss real instances of cheating.

You keep using this word, but I don't think it means what you think it means. A rules violation is not cheating. It becomes cheating when you do it to gain an advantage.

Edited by SEApocalypse

I'm not sure what pisses me off more, the dial switch or the streaming site labeling their faction as "Imperium."

They are playing "Imperium", as in the german world for empire. As in "Das Imperium schlägt zurück", the german title of esb. On top if it imperial is an adjective, so it would be wrong in german and english. The Rebels are not playing "rebellious" either. Imperial players would be playing "empire" or "galactic empire".

/facepalm

No. Not enough facepalm.

Triple_facepalm_by_pip3r_cz-d3e6t06.jpg

40k superfans are some of the dumbest people i've ever seen.

They are playing "Imperium", as in the german world for empire. As in "Das Imperium schlägt zurück", the german title of esb. On top if it imperial is an adjective, so it would be wrong in german and english. The Rebels are not playing "rebellious" either. Imperial players would be playing "empire" or "galactic empire".

/facepalm

No. Not enough facepalm.

I am not a 40k fan at all. And I don't speak German nor even knew this video was in Germany. No need to be an *******. 

/facepalm

No. Not enough facepalm.

I am not a 40k fan at all. And I don't speak German nor even knew this video was in Germany. No need to be an *******.

It literally is stating that it is in Frankfurt am Main with Zip code and all. Everyone is speaking german in the video as well, and the title of the channel is "jkcoverage

The biggest German MTG Vendor". ;-)

Both cheating players have been scolded pretty badly in the German community due to their attempted cover-ups (and cheating of course).

It was quite a rough week - you might have heard, how we Germans sound in general, so think about how it might sound when we have in fact a real reason to be angry about!

Both cases are now in the righteous hands of FFG and can expect proper punishment for their actions.

There isn't much more to discuss about it. Let's move on...!

Edited by John Tenzer

No. Not enough facepalm.

It literally is stating that it is in Frankfurt am Main with Zip code and all. Everyone is speaking German in the video as well, and the title of the channel is "jkcoverage

The biggest German MTG Vendor". ;-)

Okay again not sure why this is even matters as who gives a **** where it is. But I didn't listen to any audio for the part of the video in question, since I don't speak German how would I even know they are speaking German if I did have audio plenty of languages are related and sound similar, how on earth would I know who the largest German MTG vendor is, sorry but as far as Jeopardy facts go that one will never ever matter. I don't play that disgusting game or buy cards for it.

And none of this is the point. The guy cheated, he's on the list now. Problem solved. Great.

Okay again not sure why this is even matters

It doesn't. You brought it up when you complained that 'imperium' refers to 40k... implying that it had no other uses.

You've since been corrected by others but, for some reason, are still defensive.

A simple 'Ah, didn't realise imperium was used in Germany to refer to the Empire, never mind.' on your part would've been better than the 'How am I supposed to know it was German! I saw one thing on the website which I immediately formed an incorrect opinion on, looked at literally no other part of it, and that's everyone else's fault!' that I've seen here.

I wasn't planning on commenting on this nonsense at all but just... stop. Please.

Okay again not sure why this is even matters

It doesn't. You brought it up when you complained that 'imperium' refers to 40k... implying that it had no other uses.

You've since been corrected by others but, for some reason, are still defensive.

A simple 'Ah, didn't realise imperium was used in Germany to refer to the Empire, never mind.' on your part would've been better than the 'How am I supposed to know it was German! I saw one thing on the website which I immediately formed an incorrect opinion on, looked at literally no other part of it, and that's everyone else's fault!' that I've seen here.

I wasn't planning on commenting on this nonsense at all but just... stop. Please.

I did accept it when originally pointed out. It was two other posters who decided to be rude much later on and then I responded to them in kind. I should have simply ignored them or put them on my Ignore list. Even I get tired of just ignoring rude people sometime though. 

how on earth would I know who the largest German MTG vendor is,

As stated before that trivia is in the freaking title of the channel you watched. The location is in the freaking start of the video, you literally did not pay attention, but cared to make a stupid comment and now everyone is rude to you, because they mock you a little bit about things which are absolute impossible for you to achieve. "How on earth" indeed.