Sign in to follow this  
Caverius

First Tournament list, need advice

Hi, my name is caver and I'm a wargammer.Next week I'll be taking part in the annual argentinian x wing tournament.

It'll be my first tournament and i wanted to field a list that suits my playstile in other games such as warmachine and warhammer fantasy, which foregoes agility, maneuvering and tricks in favor of brute force and toughness

My first idea so far is this

Z-95 Headhunter: •N'dru Suhlak (19)
Glitterstim (2)

Y-Wing: •Kavil (32)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Unhinged Astromech (1)

Y-Wing: Syndicate Thug (25)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Unhinged Astromech (1)

Z-95 Headhunter: Binayre Pirate (12)

Z-95 Headhunter: Binayre Pirate (12)

Total:  100/100

The idea behind the list would be to use N dru in a central position away enough from either of the two wings (made of a y wing and a z 95 each) to use his ability and provide support to either in case the wings get into a thick fight.

The wings would be used as damage dealers, with Kavil being deployed in front of the thoughest ace the enemy deploys. The z 95 are here so they can help the y wing when the enemy closes into their donut hole, so they would go a little slower than the y wings.

My greatest doubt with this list is ether to use glitterstim or not on n dru

Other options would include:

Using VI insted and using the point to upgrde one pirate to a soldier, to accompany Kavil

Upgrading both Pirates to soldiers

Using lone wolf instead(since n dru would be flying solo if everything goes according to plan)

Does this list stand a chance(probably not i know but my style is really basic sometimes), what are right away its main weaknesses? Would you change N dru for another pilot?

So far in my scummy shipyards i have:

Most wanted set

Starviper

K Fighter 

Firespray

HWK 290

N'Dru is a flanker. He always wants to go in alone, because of his ability, as such, he runs up one side of the board. You should also almost always put Lone Wolf on N'Dru, since it has the exact same requirements as his pilot ability.

The rest of your ships want to engage as a team, and as such, should always run together. They lack the maneuverability to get around quickly, so don't expect them to start off far apart and then pull together quickly if a scrap breaks out.

Here's something similar:

Syndicate Thug (18)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Unhinged Astromech (1)

Syndicate Thug (18)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Unhinged Astromech (1)

Binayre Pirate (12)

Binayre Pirate (12)

N'Dru Suhlak (17)
Lone Wolf (2)
Glitterstim (2)
Engine Upgrade (4)

Total: 99

This is not a Tier 1 list, but if you fly it well you can get some decent results. Use N'Dru to fly speedily up the side and into flanking position. Glitterstim on a turn if you need to boost, and it'll work well with Lone Wolf for both attack and defense. 

The Z-95s will fly just ahead of your Y-Wings to keep enemies out of your R1 weak spot. Make sure those 4 ships travel around together a bit if possible, and use the Z-95s as blockers.