Sign in to follow this  
wurms

Mist Hunters anyone? anyone?

...and the topic should be "G1-A Starfighters anyone?  Anyone?"

It's impossible to have more than one Mist Hunter in a list, as it's a unique title...

Same as term  "Falcon" is used every time, and not YT-1300. even without title.

same as term "IG-2000" being used instead of "Aggressor"

titled or not, community uses the term it sees more easily remembered.

Same as term  "Falcon" is used every time, and not YT-1300. even without title.

same as term "IG-2000" being used instead of "Aggressor"

titled or not, community uses the term it sees more easily remembered.

No, YT-1300 (and YT-2400) are used the majority of the time.  Firespray is used the majority of the time.  StarViper is used the majority of the time.  HWK is used the majority of the time.  YV-666 is used the majority of the time.  Even Jumpmaster (from the same release as the G1-A) is used the majority of the time.  It's really not all that difficult to differentiate between the ship and a unique title.

I'll give you IG-2000, but then it's not unique, is it? (which is kind of it's entire point).

Edited by FTS Gecko

I have had quite a bit of success with PTL+ Advanced sensors + Zuckuss on 4-LOM, the action economy is pretty amazing and you can choose in combat if you want to gain a stress token to pass off (unless shooting a decimator or the ghost, where Zuckuss is a wasted point).  Also, 4-Lom can shed two stress a turn with a green maneuver and passing the second.

The more exciting option, though, is Gand Findsman + Fire Control Systems + Outlaw tech.  29 points and then an EPT, and you can have every shot fully modified. 

The thing people are missing with the jumpmaster contrast is that if the G-1A takes an evade action, the U-boats need all three opening salvo torpedoes to take out a G-1A, even with zero evades rolled and every torpedo at max damage.  You should be able to PS kill one of the three u-boats second round of fire (depending on your list) and then there are two torpedoes to live through and all you have to face is two 2-dice turrets. It won't be pretty MOV wise, but I give the edge to the list with a G-1A.

edit: I guess if the second torpedo flips a direct hit, that would kill a G-1A in two shots even with the evade token, but the chances of getting one evade rolled is slightly higher than the chance of the crit you flip being a direct hit.

Edited by AEIllingworth

I see a lot of chats about them being used, but what about showing some lists? :)

Zuckuss (28)

Juke (2)

Gunner (5)

Fire-Control System (2)

Kavil (24)

Crack Shot (1)

Blaster Turret (4)

Overclocked R4 (1)

Contracted Scout (25)

Deadeye (1)

Plasma Torpedoes (3)

Extra Munitions (2)

R4 Agromech (2)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Unfortuntely I cant QUITE squeeze predator onto Kavil, so his HLC turret isnt quite fully modified. I think it comes out comparable to wolfpack, though, especially if the jumpmaster tanks the early shots.