Sign in to follow this  
Sixter

Mixing Scout with TLTs.

I wonder if the very affordable Contracted Scout has a place in a TLT-spam squad? The plus side is that you gain a more durable ship which happens to be a great blocker (even a better blocker when paired with Anti-Pursuit Lasers). The minus is that the weak 2-dice turret does not equal a TLT in damage output, although you might be getting some 3 dice range-1 shots if playing the scout as an aggressive blocker.

So the list I put together is the following:

Contracted Scout/Anti-Pursuit Lasers 27 pts

Torkhil Mux/TLT 25 pts

2x Syndicate Thug/TLT 48 pts

What do you think? Is the old quad-TLT simply better?

I think that good times for Y-wing thugs are over, 23p ruthless freelancer is cheaper and better jouster becouse of PS3 and also PS3 U-boats (torpedo scouts) can simply alpha strike PS2 y-wing and outmaneuver the rest. I suggest rather U-boat + Torkil/Palob for control and 2x rocket Soldiers (cluster missiles, glitterstim, chips) or 54p Dengar with 2xfreelancers

Edited by Teokrata

But isn´t Ruthless Freelancer pretty much the equivilant of a B-wing (with a better dial)? Sure, they are PS3 but turret lists are not going to simply joust a gunship list. In any case, Torkhil is somewhat meant to be in there to counter the current PS-creep. Instead of four PS2s (quad Thugs), this list gets two PS3s with the possibility to lower the most threatening opponent to a PS0.

the thing is about 3 main weaknessess of TLT y-wings after wave 8:

1) max 2 damage per turn, no crits, vs builds like 3 U-boats You need to deal 27 damage... starfighter can deal 3-4 damage with crits

2) no attack at range one, ships like jumpmasters PS3 can simply barrel roll to y-wing range 1 and deal 3 damage without retribution

3) alpha strikers, PS2 and 1 defense is a real weakness, there will be a lot of ships with higher PS and torpedos and missiles can kill y-wing fast

ad. 2 and 3 -  the same is true for starfighters BUT they have PS3, so it is possible to move after scouts/soldiers/etc, what can prevent such tactics

what is funny (or not)? I have strong feeling that 4x JM5000 is just better than 4x TLT y-wings:

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v4!s!174:170,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1:-1:-1:;174:170,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1:-1:-1:;174:170,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1:-1:-1:;174:170,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1:-1:-1:&sn=4%20scouts

Edited by Teokrata