Sign in to follow this  
AceSolo5

Order 66 Podcasts

While we're on the subject of Order 66 and Phil is kicking around... guys, you mention Twitter most episodes but it's still a complete crapshoot as to whether we get advanced notification of a live recording.  Not everyone uses Facebook (yes, believe it or not, I don't have, and have never had, a Facebook account), and there's rarely an announcement on the Order 66 boards, so I miss most opportunities to listen live.  The last notification of a recording on the D20 Radio feed was Jan 26, while Dave's has one on Feb 21 (I thought the D20 feed was supposed to auto-retweet that kind of thing?).

Oh, and while I'm at it - the main D20 website (www.d20radio...) only has the last three episodes (for some reason, listed out-of-order, but there you go).  I can't find an easier link to dive into the archive so it would seem that the only way is to start digging in to the old site at start.d20radio instead.  Not great for attracting new listeners.

While we're on the subject of Order 66 and Phil is kicking around... guys, you mention Twitter most episodes but it's still a complete crapshoot as to whether we get advanced notification of a live recording.  Not everyone uses Facebook (yes, believe it or not, I don't have, and have never had, a Facebook account), and there's rarely an announcement on the Order 66 boards, so I miss most opportunities to listen live.  The last notification of a recording on the D20 Radio feed was Jan 26, while Dave's has one on Feb 21 (I thought the D20 feed was supposed to auto-retweet that kind of thing?).

Oh, and while I'm at it - the main D20 website (www.d20radio...) only has the last three episodes (for some reason, listed out-of-order, but there you go).  I can't find an easier link to dive into the archive so it would seem that the only way is to start digging in to the old site at start.d20radio instead.  Not great for attracting new listeners.

I use iTunes, it's got all of there stuff there for download.  Just be sure to check if its the Saga Edition of the podcast or not.  Otherwise, yeah, iTunes works just fine.

If anyone is looking for a different podcast app try Overcast (iOS only), its free and has some cool ways to speed up podcasts through cutting out the silences. it also balance voice levels on the less well produced podcasts and has playlists that automatically move new episodes of your favourite shows to the top.

I'm a bit late to the party here but I did want to chime in and say that O66 helped really get me integrated into FFGs system (I may have listened to the entire backlog of stuff since they switched back while I was just starting).

And I actually got my first taste of audio editing doing a listener bit for them (I think it was called What a Piece of Junk and focused on spaceships) back before Ben asked me and Joshua to join on with Tales. I actually kinda wish I'd done more (it was a blast and Chris was really awesome about it.) I moved apartments in the middle of all of it and it kinda messed up my whole recording plan.

Anyway I just wanted to give my two cents (plus a thanks/shout out to Chris, Dave, and Phil!). Also it's always cool to hear people are listening to Tales. I sometimes forget (subconsciously at least) that other people hear it. :P Cheers!

The show's been in an odd state this past month, with Chris's business trip(s) and my vacation messing with our regular schedule. I'll see about making sure it gets announced on the Twitter Feed and on our Forums when the upcoming shows are.

Edited by DarthGM

I have to admit.  The "I never listen" joke makes me cringe every time.  I don't know why, but I can't stand it. 

Just one of my many little neurosis I guess.

Eh, most podcasts seem to have a schtick like that.   The Dogma Debate always refers to their members as "The Fourth Listener"  the "joke" being that they only have 3 people who listen.  Obviously way more than that listen, but it's a catch phrase now.  *shrugs*  Just seems to be a thing for podcasting I guess.

I have to admit.  The "I never listen" joke makes me cringe every time.  I don't know why, but I can't stand it. 

Just one of my many little neurosis I guess.

For me, I feel it's a joke that's long since run it's course, but as KFFerret noted it's largely a catchphrase for the show at this point.

So I can see your point and feel a bit of your pain, though in my case it's because I've been listening for so **** long.