Sign in to follow this  
Partizan2

KW's clues per seal limit

I've been trying to enter the AH games that I've played into the statistics spreadsheet for awhile now. But under the section for final battle modifiers, it mentions something called "KW's clues per seal limit." What is that? I can't find it when I search the forums.

Partizan said:

I've been trying to enter the AH games that I've played into the statistics spreadsheet for awhile now. But under the section for final battle modifiers, it mentions something called "KW's clues per seal limit." What is that? I can't find it when I search the forums.

Each investigator can use X Clues per round of final combat, where X = # of seals on the board when the GOO awoke (so max 6). Thins down on the Clue-Shotgun-whoring for people who use it, of course, easier would be just to not gear up, no need to extra variants.

Dam said:

Partizan said:

Wouldn't it be a max 5?  Since if you had 6 seals on the board, the game would be over.

www.arkhamhorrorwiki.com/The_Veil_is_Weak

Would need 7 seals if that was in the game.

But if final combat begins, environments are discarded. If you entered final combat with 6 seals, wouldn't that mean that you then immediately win? It's something I've had on my mind for a while now.

Tibs said:

But if final combat begins, environments are discarded. If you entered final combat with 6 seals, wouldn't that mean that you then immediately win? It's something I've had on my mind for a while now.

I know, been wondering it myself. Would probably lean toward that before the GOO wakes up close and seal clauses apply, but once it wakes up and you go to final combat, then that's the only ending possible.

Once in final combat, your win conditions are more limited, you cannot seal away an Ancient One that has already awakened, it must be confronted directly and banished. So it doesnt matter how many seals you have by then, its already on the other side of them.