Sign in to follow this  
barriecritzer

ghost first impressions

Han+FCS.

So long as you have that rear arc, this is way better than AC. The turret is slightly less accurate but it buffs your primary way more.

I have had some early success with this:

VCX-100: Lothal Rebel (35)

Autoblaster Turret (2)

Fire Control System (2)

Engine Upgrade (4)

· Han Solo (2)

Attack Shuttle: · "Zeb" Orrelios (18)

· Phantom (0)

Attack Shuttle: · Ezra Bridger (20)

Push The Limit (3)

Twin Laser Turret (6)

Engine Upgrade (4)

· Chewbacca (4)

-- TOTAL ------- 100/100p. --

You just get in their face and own face. If they go after the ghost, they have to deal with a strong late game threat. Go after Erza and they eat a LOT o damage from the Ghost. Ezra could also be Poe, but so far i love Ezra with this setup. Zeb stays docked until the ghost dies or right before.

speaking of, auto-correct Ghost is now the official terminology for that set-up

You win, sir. I award you exactly 8.34 internets.

Somehow I want to tie this into Ghostwriter (the term and the tv show).

speaking of, auto-correct Ghost is now the official terminology for that set-up

You win, sir. I award you exactly 8.34 internets.

Somehow I want to tie this into Ghostwriter (the term and the tv show).

Well if you want the full multimedia experience you can incorporate the song from RJD2 as theme music.

Posted this in the rules forum but I think Zeb crew only affects your standard attack and not the bonus turret attack from the Phantom title.  The rules reference plainly states that each ship only activates once.  The phantom attack does not (appear) to count as activation and Zeb does not proc.

So, for example, if Corran bumps into a ship with Zeb crew (in arc) they each can attack during the normal firing phase but neither could use their bonus attack at the end of the round due to touching.

The thing I love about the Ghost is that it thrives on aggressive play. If you are like me who lose their poes, dashes, and the like because you are too aggressive, this is the ship for you. With engine upgrade, it is pretty easy to have the opening engagement at range 1 where you have 5 dice and a bonus turret shot. And against things like Torp scouts you are actually safer at range 1.

Posted this in the rules forum but I think Zeb crew only affects your standard attack and not the bonus turret attack from the Phantom title.  The rules reference plainly states that each ship only activates once.  The phantom attack does not (appear) to count as activation and Zeb does not proc.

So, for example, if Corran bumps into a ship with Zeb crew (in arc) they each can attack during the normal firing phase but neither could use their bonus attack at the end of the round due to touching.

Corran and the Ghost's second attack happen during different phases, so there's a difference there already (Corran is in the end phase, so definitely doesn't trigger Zeb).

I see no reason Zeb wouldn't work for the Ghost's, however, as it's still in the Combat phase. The fact that the ship is firing again is an activation and would trigger any other upgrade cards that proc in combat phase (FCS, for example).

The thing I love about the Ghost is that it thrives on aggressive play. If you are like me who lose their poes, dashes, and the like because you are too aggressive, this is the ship for you. With engine upgrade, it is pretty easy to have the opening engagement at range 1 where you have 5 dice and a bonus turret shot. And against things like Torp scouts you are actually safer at range 1.

I like to think of it as the space rhino. 

I thought this thread would be more about constructive discussion about this ship than complaining, but I did pick up a few things, at least.  This ship could be fun.

If accuracy corrector autoblaster turrets are so nasty, why don't you just avoid getting in R1 against it?  

The issue there is anything below PS 7 (or has taken the initiative) can't -- Hera is an absolute beast if you build her right. Add Intelligence Agent and Zeb, and she can even predict where Aces are going to wind up, AND still Autoblaster them if they bump in arc.

I'm very much looking forward to flying to Ghost, but I imagine a lot of folks will be salty about it.

I thought this thread would be more about constructive discussion about this ship than complaining, but I did pick up a few things, at least.  This ship could be fun.

If accuracy corrector autoblaster turrets are so nasty, why don't you just avoid getting in R1 against it?  

The issue there is anything below PS 7 (or has taken the initiative) can't -- Hera is an absolute beast if you build her right. Add Intelligence Agent and Zeb, and she can even predict where Aces are going to wind up, AND still Autoblaster them if they bump in arc.

I'm very much looking forward to flying to Ghost, but I imagine a lot of folks will be salty about it.

True, but how many people lately are playing Imperials with anything lower than PS 7 (besides Omnicron pilot)?  All I see is Palp Aces.  

But against an ace like Soontir, IA lets you know where he's going and be there, waiting. Granted it's much harder to pull off against someone like Soontir, but if you ever end up at range one of him, he is just deleted. Granted, the point investment to do that is pretty massive, and it's only super effective against ships with 3-4 health. It's not just imperial guys, though. If anyone actually flies procket a-wings, auto-correct ghost will be a huge pain.

Then again, ghost doesn't like facing 5 dice attacks, and those prockets are launching before you delete an a-wing.

Edited by FatherTurin

She can only change her move if she set her dial to a green or red. She can't do a red move twice in a row, as she can't have herself as a crew member, and her selection of greens is limited to the 2-banks or a couple of straight maneuvers.

Plus, again, that ship is likely pushing 70 points. If you're using it, you're likely only going to have one or two budget wingmen. I'm fine with a single ship at that price point having a very strong attack to compensate for the fact that the rest of the list is going to be very limited.

She can only change her move if she set her dial to a green or red. She can't do a red move twice in a row, as she can't have herself as a crew member, and her selection of greens is limited to the 2-banks or a couple of straight maneuvers.

Plus, again, that ship is likely pushing 70 points. If you're using it, you're likely only going to have one or two budget wingmen. I'm fine with a single ship at that price point having a very strong attack to compensate for the fact that the rest of the list is going to be very limited.

This is why you take Kanan Crew.

But then you have to decide whether to drop the Intel Agent or Zeb, which is probably why the Ghost doesn't have three crew slots.

But then you have to decide whether to drop the Intel Agent or Zeb, which is probably why the Ghost doesn't have three crew slots.

It doesn't have 3 crew because, just like with the idea of docking mid-combat, FFG decided to make it impossible to field the entire crew of the Ghost/Phantom on the Ghost/Phantom.

Kanan does not make maneuvers green. You need Nien Nunb. Which you take over Zeb because a bumped Ace that can't shoot you is still in trouble.

Edit: Nien specifically because he work's with Hera's ability, if that wasn't clear.

Though, really, anyone who thinks its simple to avoid range 1 of a large base ship as fast as the Ghost makes me chuckle and really, really hope I see them at a tournament (if I decide to take a leave of absence from the Empire while waiting for Imp Vets).

Edit2: And it's not just the fact that it can put out 4 unblockable damage -- a 4 dice primary is no joke. And the AC+Autoblaster can simply be saved for when they're needed during a round, just to sneak in the last bit of damage.

It's a gross combo. The ship itself has weaknesses, which will absolutely be exploited, but it's still gross.

Edited by ArbitraryNerd

Every time I try to build a ghost list, I keep thinking that if it had a third crew slot or an EPT slot it would be unstoppable. That's probably exactly why it doesn't have those. PTL and advanced sensors with Kanan crew? Hera with stay on target? Expose? I'm just saying that as much as I doubt the ghost will make a huge impact in competitive play, that extra boost would have brought about fat falcon levels of insanity.

Here's an example of true insanity:

Hera, expose, Kyle, Kanan, nien numb, experimental interface, advanced sensors.

Heck, even Hera with VI suddenly gets a lot more mileage out of her ability, especially if you have initiative. The biggest ship in normal play arc-dodging Soontir? Horrifying. (And yet, as a rebel player, oh so satisfying)

Edited by FatherTurin

A ship with that many hit points should not have a 4 dice primary.

It's an arced primary.

It's 4 hits that turn you can't dodge. Ghost auto kills lower PS ships? And that is something that is good for the game to you?

Autoblaster Turret is Range 1. So you can dodge it easily by staying out of Range 1.

What are the rules on the attack shuttle? Can it be blown up with the Ghost if it doesn't undock?

The docking rules themselves automatically launch all docked ships with one facedown damage card.