Sign in to follow this  
IndyPendant

Two quick questions

Hi all, sorry if either have already been asked, I did do a quick search, but couldn't find anything.  A friend and I were talking earlier today, and we couldn't see a clear answer to either of these questions:

1)  In the following scenario, can the (regular) Imperial Officer (O) use Order to give Vader (V) two movement points?  (The red "][" represent a wall between them.)

Fizzgrid™ to the rescue!

[_][_][_][_][_]
[_][_][_][_
][_]
[_][_][_][O][V]
[_][_][_][_][_]
[_][_][_][_][_]

How about in this scenario (note that the wall ends beside the Officer):

[_][_][_][_][_]
[_][_][_][_
][_]
[_][_][_][_][V]
[_][_][_][O][_]
[_][_][_][_][_]

2)  My Bantha Rider activates.  It is stunned.  Which of these scenarios is correct?

a) I use Beast Tamer to give it a move.  It is stunned, so it does not actually get to take the move, and I've wasted Beast Tamer.  This is correct because (insert rules reference here).

b)  I use Beast Tamer to give it a move.  It gains 5 movement points.  It can't move from its space due to being stunned, so those movement points are lost before it can take an action to remove the stun.  I've wasted Beast Tamer again, just for slightly different reasons.  This is correct because (insert rules reference here).

c) I use Beast Tamer to give it a move.  It gains 5 movement points.  It can't move from its space, because it's stunned.  I then use its first action to remove its stun.  It can now spend its 5 movement points to move, using normal movement rules, and can mix and match its second action in as normal as well.  This is correct because (insert rules reference here).

Thanks!

Edited by IndyPendant

First scenario, no. When counting spaces you have to count around walls.

Second scenario, the officer's range for his order ability is within 2 spaces, right? So again, no. But if vader were one square lower he could because then vader would be 2 spaces away from the officer. (If I am mis remembering and then officers range is 3, then yes).

Stunned bantha, the third option. You get the move points, then clear the stun, then spend the points. Reference is the email I got yesterday from FFG confirming that this is how it works because I asked them a week ago.

Forgottenlore has it correct. Counting spaces can't go through walls, doors or blocking terrain. And in the second case the distance between the figures is 3, so Order/Executive Order are not possible.

c) is correct. Performing a move gives movement points according to speed, and because they were gained during a figure's own activation and not gained from a special action, they go into a movement point pool and can be spent anytime before or after actions during the activation. In this case after removing stun.

Both are straight from the rules (although you need to combine a few entries).