Sign in to follow this  
Mndela

Awesome Anborn

Which is the attachment that makes an awesome combo with Anborn ally? ^^ (Seastan knows)

PD: it needs a previous attachment.... then which are the 2 attachments?

Edited by Mndela

Is the sword-thain + wingfoot combo only there so that Anborn can apply his effect to each enemy that is revealed? Seems that even with only a single use of Anborn it would still be a fairly effective deck (particularly with only 1 or 2 players).

Is the sword-thain + wingfoot combo only there so that Anborn can apply his effect to each enemy that is revealed? Seems that even with only a single use of Anborn it would still be a fairly effective deck (particularly with only 1 or 2 players).

Yeah, he is still good before Wingfoot comes down, but Wingfoot is key in 3+ players or even just 2 players if there is a high enemy count. Watching Anborn completely neuter a Beats and Echoes is one of the best feelings.

thread hijack: Has anyone tried to Sword-Thain OHaUH Gandalf yet?

And before you scoff and think I'm mad, note that you can put Narya on him and he gains a resource type.  Making him a Leadership ally.

Edited by Slothgodfather

thread hijack: Has anyone tried to Sword-Thain OHaUH Gandalf yet?

And before you scoff and think I'm mad, note that you can put Narya on him and he gains a resource type.  Making him a Leadership ally.

But then by making him a Hero, he can no longer be readied by Narya, being arguably the best target for it in the game.

I´m doing something I probably will regret. I am going to disagree with Seastan.

I do not think Gandalf is the best target for Narya, as he already has enough stats. How often do you need a defender with 5 def and 4 hit pionts? Then lesser defensive allies with sentinel is a better target, or a Warden of Healing/Master of the Forge/Gléowine/other allies who exhaust for their ability. If Elrond is in play, then a single Warden heals four damage. That is in most cases better than a 4/5/5/4 ally. Gandalf is a good target, but it exists better options.

Good points Durin. I would say there are times where an extra 4 healing from a Warden would be better, but that can be very situational for a repeatable effect like Narya. An ally who can attack and defend for 5 will be useful almost every turn.

Good points Durin. I would say there are times where an extra 4 healing from a Warden would be better, but that can be very situational for a repeatable effect like Narya. An ally who can attack and defend for 5 will be useful almost every turn.

Yes, but a turn with no enemies? Or, as 13nrv says, someone with a burning brand? A Wellinghall perserver with a burning brand is also a good candidate for defense (healing, 3def, shadow cancellation vs 5 def), or a Beorn who used his ability and attacks for 9? Or even a Saruman, who can attack for 6? I have yet to be convinced.

I think it would be a decent fit in a modified version of the LoreAgorn, Erestor and Boromir (leadership) deck.  If you swap Erestor for Galdor, it gives you a means of hunting for those key setup pieces (sneak attack, Gandalf, Narya and Sword-Thain).   After it is setup, it creates a leadership resource to help churn out the Gondor allies each turn and LoreAgorn can be used to reset your threat after it gets to high.

My favorite thing about Narya is the versatility in multiplayer games. If someone needs extra resources, you can get two uses from an Errand-rider. If someone needs extra cards, Gleowine or Master of the Forge can be used multiple times. Gildor or Imladris Stargazer can help multiple players. Powerful allies like Treebeard, Gandalf, Beorn and (soon) Glorfindel can be used in multiple phases of the game. It is fun to pick one ally and build a powerful deck around them with Narya, but the underrated aspect of these kinds of effects is how many different ways they can be used. This is especially true in multiplayer games where there is a much greater variety of allies in play.

Edited by danpoage